• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why don’t you believe in God?

McBell

Admiral Obvious
According to those who believe in the theory.
Yes.
Of course there are those creationist types who flat out deny truth, facts, reason, etc. in favour of their favourite book and or deity.

But since they flat out deny reality, there is no reason to take them seriously on the subject.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Yes.
Of course there are those creationist types who flat out deny truth, facts, reason, etc. in favour of their favourite book and or deity.

But since they flat out deny reality, there is no reason to take them seriously on the subject.
Scientists seem to be figuratively scratching their heads trying to figure things out. Gorillas aren't doing that. In other words...(You figure it out...)

YoursTrue

Yes.

There's no reason to deny reality re evolution because the reality is that scientists themselves are still trying to figure it all out.

Viker

Your beloved eccentric Auntie Cristal
Is it because of your inability to believe in anything that can’t be explained by science?
God doesn't believe in me. But I do exist! I think God is something like an atheist. So I'm going to be mean and "pretend" he doesn't exist either. Two can play this game.

YoursTrue

yes, scientists are trying to figure it out.
Unlike Gorillas.
Or creationists.

My most sincere apologies to gorillas for the above.
I really don't think they are too interested. You gotta wonder how come evolution made ((created?? Oh no...) that rather large gap between gorillas, birds, monkeys, etc and "homo sapiens" being willing/able to examine things. Well maybe you don't. It was evolution I guess you think that made humans' brains to wonder about these things and do their bestest to figure things out, huh?

McBell

Admiral Obvious
I really don't think they are too interested. You gotta wonder how come evolution made ((created?? Oh no...) that rather large gap between gorillas, birds, monkeys, etc and "homo sapiens" being willing/able to examine things. Well maybe you don't. It was evolution I guess you think that made humans' brains to wonder about these things and do their bestest to figure things out, huh?
Maybe you would not look so bad if you were to stop trying so hard for the coveted "Liar For Jesus" title?

YoursTrue

Seems to me they have as much evidence for their version as you do for your version.

The only real difference is the alleged source of said evidence.
I don't think so. You have your version of reality and others have theirs. You can see what you see but doesn't mean you are necessarily having clear vision. Perhaps you side with paarsurrey ? Meantime this back and forth can go on...you believe in the theory of evolution as an evolutionist and others don't. So...have a good one as you enjoy perhaps life around you. Even the hills can be alive, so enjoy while you can.

YoursTrue

Maybe you would not look so bad if you were to stop trying so hard for the coveted "Liar For Jesus" title?
Perhaps you can side with liars for the veracity of the theory of evolution. Take your place there and stand with it.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
I don't think so. You have your version of reality and others have theirs. You can see what you see but doesn't mean you are necessarily having clear vision. Perhaps you side with paarsurrey ? Meantime this back and forth can go on...you believe in the theory of evolution as an evolutionist and others don't. So...have a good one as you enjoy perhaps life around you. Even the hills can be alive, so enjoy while you can.
Wow.
You have to have the last word in a discussion you were not only not a part of, but know nothing about?

Are you gonna need to upgrade your bandwidth for that ego?

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Perhaps you can side with liars for the veracity of the theory of evolution. Take your place there and stand with it.
I side with the evidence.
Where ever it goes.

I find it much more reliable a method than simply stating "GodDidIt".
Take your place and stand with it, right?

YoursTrue

So you think wonderment and gradual changes happened in human so they wondered...um...how did we get here? How did life get started? I don't think bonobos have microscopes or care about these things...maybe you think they do but are not telling you about it.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
So you think wonderment and gradual changes happened in human so they wondered...um...how did we get here? How did life get started? I don't think bonobos have microscopes or care about these things...maybe you think they do but are not telling you about it.
Still trying to foist your strawmen as something other than desperate snake oil?

Still not buying any.
Regardless of how you redress it.

YoursTrue

Wow.
You have to have the last word in a discussion you were not only not a part of, but know nothing about?

Are you gonna need to upgrade your bandwidth for that ego?
I am answering you in kind. Don't like it? Sorry. Bonobos aren't able to discuss it with you, neither are birds, unless maybe you think so.

YoursTrue

I side with the evidence.
Where ever it goes.

I find it much more reliable a method than simply stating "GodDidIt".
Take your place and stand with it, right?
I'm not even saying God did it. You're the one making that accusation. I leave you to the evidence of squirrels and bluejays not talking about it. Ask paarsurrey maybe he knows.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
I am answering you in kind. Don't like it? Sorry. Bonobos aren't able to discuss it with you, neither are birds, unless maybe you think so.
Nope.
You are merely desperate to say something.
Anything it seems.
Regardless of how stupid it makes you look.

YoursTrue

Still trying to foist your strawmen as something other than desperate snake oil?

Still not buying any.
Regardless of how you redress it.
It doesn't matter. Squirrels ain't talking about it and it's not a strawman argument. You're making it one.

YoursTrue

Nope.
You are merely desperate to say something.
Anything it seems.
Regardless of how stupid it makes you look.
You still really don't know about evolution. You couldn't possibly. Watching these back and forth s it's all jargon.