• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why don’t you believe in God?

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I think God is both hidden and manifest to a degree, that only who wants to believe in him will and only who does not want to won't.

Whateverist

Existence itself.

But how do you picture that. Something person-like or literally just everything? If God is all of existence then you must be some sort of pantheist too, yes? Do you see that as compatible with Christianity.

I don't mean to give you the third degree but I don't really understand Christianity.

Jimmy

Veteran Member
But how do you picture that. Something person-like or literally just everything? If God is all of existence then you must be some sort of pantheist too, yes? Do you see that as compatible with Christianity.

I don't mean to give you the third degree but I don't really understand Christianity.
My god is infinite space.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Limited? How on Gods green earth is infinite limited?
"Infinite space" is limiting definition describing space. Space is potentially infinite by definition, Outer space - Wikipedia.

Outer space (or simply space) is the expanse that exists beyond Earth's atmosphere and between celestial bodies.[1] It contains ultra-low levels of particle densities, constituting a near-perfect vacuum[2] of predominantly hydrogen and helium plasma, permeated by electromagnetic radiation, cosmic rays, neutrinos, magnetic fields and dust. The baseline temperature of outer space, as set by the background radiation from the Big Bang, is 2.7 kelvins (−270 °C; −455 °F).[3]

The plasma between galaxies is thought to account for about half of the baryonic (ordinary) matter in the universe, having a number density of less than one hydrogen atom per cubic metre and a kinetic temperature of millions of kelvins.[4] Local concentrations of matter have condensed into stars and galaxies. Intergalactic space takes up most of the volume of the universe, but even galaxies and star systems consist almost entirely of empty space. Most of the remaining mass-energy in the observable universe is made up of an unknown form, dubbed dark matter and dark energy.[5][6][7][8]

Outer space does not begin at a definite altitude above Earth's surface. The Kármán line, an altitude of 100 km (62 mi) above sea level,[9][10] is conventionally used as the start of outer space in space treaties and for aerospace records keeping. Certain portions of the upper stratosphere and the mesosphere are sometimes referred to as "near space". The framework for international space law was established by the Outer Space Treaty, which entered into force on 10 October 1967. This treaty precludes any claims of national sovereignty and permits all states to freely explore outer space. Despite the drafting of UN resolutions for the peaceful uses of outer space, anti-satellite weapons have been tested in Earth orbit.

Jimmy

Veteran Member
"Infinite space" is limiting definition describing space. Space is potentially infinite by definition, Outer space - Wikipedia.

Outer space (or simply space) is the expanse that exists beyond Earth's atmosphere and between celestial bodies.[1] It contains ultra-low levels of particle densities, constituting a near-perfect vacuum[2] of predominantly hydrogen and helium plasma, permeated by electromagnetic radiation, cosmic rays, neutrinos, magnetic fields and dust. The baseline temperature of outer space, as set by the background radiation from the Big Bang, is 2.7 kelvins (−270 °C; −455 °F).[3]

The plasma between galaxies is thought to account for about half of the baryonic (ordinary) matter in the universe, having a number density of less than one hydrogen atom per cubic metre and a kinetic temperature of millions of kelvins.[4] Local concentrations of matter have condensed into stars and galaxies. Intergalactic space takes up most of the volume of the universe, but even galaxies and star systems consist almost entirely of empty space. Most of the remaining mass-energy in the observable universe is made up of an unknown form, dubbed dark matter and dark energy.[5][6][7][8]

Outer space does not begin at a definite altitude above Earth's surface. The Kármán line, an altitude of 100 km (62 mi) above sea level,[9][10] is conventionally used as the start of outer space in space treaties and for aerospace records keeping. Certain portions of the upper stratosphere and the mesosphere are sometimes referred to as "near space". The framework for international space law was established by the Outer Space Treaty, which entered into force on 10 October 1967. This treaty precludes any claims of national sovereignty and permits all states to freely explore outer space. Despite the drafting of UN resolutions for the peaceful uses of outer space, anti-satellite weapons have been tested in Earth orbit.
I don’t buy into potentials unless it’s cake of course.

Jimmy

Veteran Member
Than God created "infinite space."
Yeah I have a pantheist view which differs from most Christian views which are panantheistic. Irregardless of differences in semantics between these two words, first and foremost, I’m a follower of Jesus Christ.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Yeah I have a pantheist view which differs from most Christian views which are panantheistic. Irregardless of differences in semantics between these two words, first and foremost, I’m a follower of Jesus Christ.
I think you mean to refer to panentheism but it may be Pantheism if t=you believe the physical existence is God

I am close to the belief of Panentheism. Oxford Languages and Google - English | Oxford Languages

1. the belief or doctrine that God is greater than the universe and includes and interpenetrates it.

pantheism:

Jimmy

Veteran Member
I think you mean to refer to panentheism but it may be Pantheism if t=you believe the physical existence is God

I am close to the belief of Panentheism. Oxford Languages and Google - English | Oxford Languages

1. the belief or doctrine that God is greater than the universe and includes and interpenetrates it.

pantheism:
I got it right