• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why don't people dress in suits or stylishly anymore ?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Most people outside I see dress casually and even sloppy why in the past did people dress more stylishly ?

I dressed suitably for work, in my case probably ott smart. Outside work I'll dress how i feel the need. So most of the time I'm casual.

I think that's probably the same for most people, for work they dress as required, for play, they dress as is comfortable

Historically people dressed as was customery, casual clothing was not really thing. You had one set of decent clothes, when they wore out you bought new and passed the old clothes on to those who were in need.

JustGeorge

Imperfect
Staff member
Premium Member
I dressed suitably for work, in my case probably ott smart. Outside work I'll dress how i feel the need. So most of the time I'm casual.

I think that's probably the same for most people, for work they dress as required, for play, they dress as is comfortable

Historically people dressed as was customery, casual clothing was not really thing. You had one set of decent clothes, when they wore out you bought new and passed the old clothes on to those who were in need.
I read something that said people long ago seldom changed their outerwear, but the changing of undergarments happened very frequently.

Balthazzar

N. Germanic Descent
Most people outside I see dress casually and even sloppy why in the past did people dress more stylishly ?

I could make it a point to dress stylishly out of fashion ... Like corporate dress at the amusement park, or maybe at the country western pub in town. Honestly, I don't know ... my Papaw wore a fedora with his slacks, dress shirt and overcoat. I'm the typical camouflage, tactical boots, and m65 field jacket type who occasionally wears blue jeans.