• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why don't some people like being Apes?

I like it, the idea of my family tree extending back billions of years, and being related in some way to every living organism on the planet.
Why don't some people like this concept?

In my opinion the brainwashing which has been passed from generation to generation leaves them no choice. They either believe their parents and authority figures who reinforced the two naked teens in a garden with an apple and a snake theory or side with the obvious.

The most fascinating part of evolution...at least to me, occurred about 65 million years ago when the entire herds of dinosaurs and other species above ground were annialated when a humongous asteroid struck the planet and the atmosphere loaded up with dust and debris and upset the entire ecological situation. The life giving rays of the sun were blocked for many seasons.

At that time all mammal life except the burrowers which lived subterranean was wiped out and the little ones were a new start for all future species. Apes were a long way into the future from that point. I've always liked the little chipmunk looking creatures and the fact that they gave us all a new start from that critical time is probably the reason.

Last edited:

Man of Faith

I don't like being called an ape because I don't believe I am an ape. I believe that I am a special unique creation, created a whole person in one day. Plus it is an insult to God.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
I don't like being called an ape because I don't believe I am an ape. I believe that I am a special unique creation, created a whole person in one day. Plus it is an insult to God.
Personally, I think the idea that the mind that callibrated the cosmos couldn't come up with a relatively simple trick like evolution is far more insulting.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
its kinda weird and it doesn't make much sense and + how come there are still apes around aren't they suppose to have become human by now !!!
any ways thats wat i think
America and India both developed from parts of the British Empire, and today, neither America or India is British. Does this mean that there shouldn't be any Englishmen or Englishwomen left in Britain?

MSizer

MSizer
its kinda weird and it doesn't make much sense and + how come there are still apes around aren't they suppose to have become human by now !!!

Wow, seriously dood, you really need to read. You have just proven that you have no idea what the ToE claims at at. Seriously, I'm not joking, you have just shown that you literally don't know anything about the ToE, and if you do some reading and understand it, you'll feel embarassed for having posted that statement.

Besides, as I mentioned in the other post, our resemblance to other species of apes is unmistakable:

msizer-albums-w-o-picture1858-bananaman.jpg

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
I see people as something special, and won't insult them by calling their mothers a flea picking ape and their grandmothers a hairy baboon.

How is that insulting?

And by the way in Africa you can easely be killed for saying something truthful like that. Especialy if your Statepresident has five wifes plus an undisclosed quantity of concibines and 20 known children - Truly the Alpha male of his troop.

^_^

Riverwolf

Premium Member
This is why I think we should tell people that we evolved from jaguars. More people would probably believe in evolution if they thought they came from jaguars, because jaguars are cool. Who wants to come from a monkey?

Well, whether we do or not doesn't matter, because we don't come from monkeys. We're apes. ^_^

And gorillas are fine, beautiful animals! I'm proud to have them as my genetic cousins. Chimps are also fun and playful. (Not to mention cute.)

Kerr

Ok, I am going to ask something that I for some reason don´t understand...

I don't like being called an ape because I don't believe I am an ape. I believe that I am a special unique creation, created a whole person in one day.
In what way does the biological classification of our specie make us less unique? You are you, it does not matter if you are an ape or not, you are still you...

Plus it is an insult to God.
Why?

Riverwolf

Premium Member

Because the apes that are around now didn't exist millions of years ago, just like we didn't.

We evolved side-by-side with other primates. Because of our reduced speed, reduced strength, and pretty much reduced every physical quality by comparison, we evolved large brains so that we could survive by adaptability and intelligence; other apes don't need that.

Creatures only evolve certain traits that what they need to continue reproducing. Gorillas don't need our intelligence to survive. (Not yet, anyway.) And even if they do eventually evolve such intelligence, it won't be for tens of thousands of years: the current species of non-human apes will never be as intelligent as humans. (Though we can already communicate with specially trained apes. ^_^)

Riverwolf

Premium Member
In my opinion the brainwashing which has been passed from generation to generation leaves them no choice. They either believe their parents and authority figures who reinforced the two naked teens in a garden with an apple and a snake theory or side with the obvious.

The most fascinating part of evolution...at least to me, occurred about 65 million years ago when the entire herds of dinosaurs and other species above ground were annialated when a humongous asteroid struck the planet and the atmosphere loaded up with dust and debris and upset the entire ecological situation. The life giving rays of the sun were blocked for many seasons.

At that time all mammal life except the burrowers which lived subterranean was wiped out and the little ones were a new start for all future species. Apes were a long way into the future from that point. I've always liked the little chipmunk looking creatures and the fact that they gave us all a new start from that critical time is probably the reason.

If what the documentary "Walking With Prehistoric Beasts" says is accurate, then primates most likely evolved from creatures that resemble modern squirrels.

That means that humans will have just a little bit of...

Foamy___Squirrely_Wrath_by_DarkIntuition.jpg

MSizer

MSizer
What I don't like about being an ape:

1. I have to contend with challenging social orders.
2. I have nails that grow at the ends of my toes and they serve no purpose.
3. My sense of smell leaves a lot to be deisred.
4. I have no exoskeleton to protect my soft outer fleshy core.
5. My body mass to strength ratio sucks.
5. I can't echolocate.
6. I can't breathe underwater.
7. I can't electrolocate.
8. I can't inject poison when I bight.
9. I don't see all of the colours of flowers.
10. I don't have mirror membranes behind my retinae.
11. I can't detect the earth's magnetic field without tools.

Half Asleep

Crazy-go-nuts
What I don't like about being an ape:

1. I have to contend with challenging social orders.
2. I have nails that grow at the ends of my toes and they serve no purpose.
3. My sense of smell leaves a lot to be deisred.
4. I have no exoskeleton to protect my soft outer fleshy core.
5. My body mass to strength ratio sucks.
5. I can't echolocate.
6. I can't breathe underwater.
7. I can't electrolocate.
8. I can't inject poison when I bight.
9. I don't see all of the colours of flowers.
10. I don't have mirror membranes behind my retinae.
11. I can't detect the earth's magnetic field without tools.

12. Male nipples.