• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why don't some people like being Apes?

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
You conveniently left out the rest of it.
Probably because it was garbage.

ETA:
For a thousand years all the Egyptians did was build pyraminds.
:biglaugh: Yeah, sure... that's ALL they did. That's why they're one of the greatest civilizations in history. :biglaugh:

Slaves died by the thousands
No, they didn't. The Egyptians didn't build their wonders on the backs of slaves; they had an entire, fairly well-off, class of professionals.

I lack the expertise to rebut all of your self-indulgent tripe, but you've already done a stellar job of displaying your ignorance.

Last edited:
Probably because it was garbage.

ETA:

:biglaugh: Yeah, sure... that's ALL they did. That's why they're one of the greatest civilizations in history. :biglaugh:

No, they didn't. The Egyptians didn't build their wonders on the backs of slaves; they had an entire, fairly well-off, class of professionals.

I lack the expertise to rebut all of your self-indulgent tripe, but you've already done a stellar job of displaying your ignorance.

Mama always told me, "Ignorance Is As Ignorance Does!"

Anybody who thinks those ten ton rocks just suddenly showed up at the work site without a few dead slaves and thinks that burying a ton of fresh cut beef with the mummified remains of the deceased is cool needs something...wait! I'll think of it. In reality many female remains were found at the works sites around the pyramids. One school believes that even women were used during the construction phase.

Last edited:

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
Mama always told me, "Ignorance Is As Ignorance Does!"

Anybody who thinks those ten ton rocks just suddenly showed up at the work site without a few dead slaves and thinks that burying a ton of fresh cut beef with the mummified remains of the deceased needs something...wait! I'll think of it.

Why couldn't those rocks show up through the use of paid workers?

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
Face it, George. The ancients were a hell of a lot smarter than you give them credit for. If you weren't so desperate to believe that all religious people are morons, you'd see that.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
Studies of skeletal remains of workers graveyards near the Pyramids show that they were Egyptian, well cared for (there is evidence of surgeries to repair injuries), and well nourished.
NOVA Online/Pyramids/Who Built the Pyramids?
This is according to Dr Zahi Hawass, the leading archeologist of Egyptology.

The "poor, malnourished and beaten slaves" mentality is a remnant of the Hebrews unsupported claim of being slaves in Egypt.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
Not WE like to pretend!

Wandering around their two hundred square miles of territory, defecating on the ground, wiping on their hands, contaminating every river and stream...then because they knew absolutely nothing about germs, virus, bacteria etc. blamed some invisible entity for their ailments when they were sick and dying. Even the cows had TB and other beasts of burden carried disease. Plagues were commonplace and all sickness was dreaded by all. Add to that the fact that all of them believed the earth was flat and the universe revolved around it. Real sophistication among all of them...Really?

The bible is a collection of geneology, food and behavior parables, sin and the rest is myths and fables dreamed up by a few of them. There were eight known historians active at the time Jesus allegedly did his year and a half ministry and none of them even mentioned Jesus except Josephus...a Jew. Even then it was just a mention. No virgin birth, no miracles, no resurrection. That would be like NY sports writers failing to mention that Roger Maris and Mickey Mantle were good hitters. The first words even written about Jesus began about forty years after his death and then by his own clan.

Add to that the fact that there are nearly 300 direct contradictions in the new testament which is supposed to contain the only door to salvation for the entire human race and only one conclusion can be logically drawn...it's rubbish.

Do you know anything about the Biblical canon's history?

Ancient people were smarter than you give them credit. Aristotle demonstrated that the earth was round (he lived in the 3rd century B.C.E.). Euclid's geometry is the one we use today: he lived around the same time.

Let's also not forget the Art of War, a classic book on strategy from China, from the 6th Century B.C.E.

Had the ancients had access to the knowledge we have, they would have been just like us.

Did you know that the Indus Valley Civilization had everything that we have, with the exception of electrical technology?

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
Just a couple of statements. The Jews wrote the bible and it was 500 AD when paper was invented and in Asia when it was. Nearly every one of the Jews owned one smock of clothing if they were lucky. Only the very elite and powerful had access to papyrus and so you witness the thoughts of the upper 10th of one percent of those alive at the time.

You wanna involve Hindus? Go read about the dozen or so '"SAVIORS" who were already on record as much as a thousand years before Jesus. Myths and legends about virgins and virgin birth were around a long time before the Jews came up with it. Virgins were the answer to everything. Sacrifice to spare tribes from the punishment of god and salvation of the world. You know why...they were a rare commodity. The powerful confiscated young women as a whim and poor families sold their daughters to anyone who had the price. The wealthy had dozens in their harems while the poor accepted anything which was the rule of the day.

Anybody who attempts to justify the absolute ignorance of primitive mankind and his developing imagination is living a dream in a world of fantasy.

For a thousand years all the Egyptians did was build pyraminds. Slaves died by the thousands while the elite ordered their daily regimine of preparing a monstrous edifice designed to outdo previous edifices so they would look better in the eyes of their gods. Sometimes hundreds of quarters of prime beef cuts...the same kind being served in NY restaurants as we speak, were placed with the mummified remains of kings and their families...How Stupid Is That??

Where DO you get your information?

We're ignorant, as well. Think about it: we actually take political boundaries SERIOUSLY! They don't even exist! We still fight over the stupidest of things, one of which being image: another thing that's completely worthless. We also have ownership (doesn't really exist), and therefore attach monetary wealth to inanimate objects.

We're not so great, ourselves. :no: But it makes sense to us. The ancients had no way of knowing what we know now.

Wannabe Yogi

How Stupid Is That??

The 20th century was the bloodiest century ever.

Hitler killed Millions.

Mao killed millions.

Stalin killed millions

Over half the worlds population live on under 10 dollars a day.

The Rich Humans are heating up of our planet because of our greedy life style.

How stupid is that?

Not all ancients were stupid and not all moderns are smart.

Last edited:

Mr Cheese

How stupid is that?

Not all ancients were stupid and not all moderns are smart.

Sarah Palin was nearly the President
Walmart exists
People who eat pickled pig feet are allowed to breed
We have snake handlers
The Backstreet boys no longer have a recording contract

Face it, George. The ancients were a hell of a lot smarter than you give them credit for. If you weren't so desperate to believe that all religious people are morons, you'd see that.

I know that a loving caring god didn't use two naked teen agers, an apple and a snake in a garden...six thousand years ago to determine the eternal fate of mankind. I fail to see how anybody else believes it. And don't even get me started on virgin birth and resurrection.

Mr Cheese

I know that a loving caring god didn't use two naked teen agers, an apple and a snake in a garden...six thousand years ago to determine the eternal fate of mankind. I fail to see how anybody else believes it. And don't even get me started on virgin birth and resurrection.

:D ah change the subject huh....

pyramid building is not a myth
pyramid building is an actual solid thingy that you can go touch

myth is myth and offers muich to interpret

a pyramid is a pyramid

:facepalm:

maybe we shoudl discuss the myth of the grumpy old man?

"I dont believe it" (brit joke)

onefootinthegrave_1_396x222.jpg

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
What has this got to do with your misinformation on the intelligence and savagery of ancient civilizations?

What has this got to do with your misinformation on the intelligence and savagery of ancient civilizations?

If there are many around like you we can wait a couple of hundred years and the 400 year long mistreatment of Blacks in the south will just be a falsehood, a myth, an old wives tale and the Ku Klux Klan will have never existed.

You really believe that the rulers of ancient Egypt were so tolerant of their slaves that they allowed them to come in and dine with them after a long, hot day of labor in the desert. Get Real!

Here's a little something right out of the bible about the ancients:

So they appointed taskmasters over them to afflict them with hard labor. And they built for Pharaoh storage cities, Pithom and Raamses . . . And the Egyptians compelled the sons of Israel to labor rigorously; and they made their lives bitter with hard labor in mortar and bricks and at all kinds of labor in the field, all their labors which they rigorously imposed on them. Then the king of Egypt spoke to the Hebrew midwives, one of whom was named Shiphrah, and the other was named Puah; and he said, "When you are helping the Hebrew women to give birth and see them upon the birthstool, if it is a son, then you shall put him to death; but if it is a daughter, then she shall live." (NASB) Exodus 1:11

Last edited:

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
If there are many around like you we can wait a couple of hundred years and the 400 year long mistreatment of Blacks in the south will just be a falsehood, a myth, an old wives tale and the Ku Klux Klan will have never existed.

You really believe that the rulers of ancient Egypt were so tolerant of their slaves that they allowed them to come in and dine with them after a long, hot day of labor in the deseert. Get Real!
Ooooooo, nice strawman! Where are my marshmallows? :camp:

Wannabe Yogi

You know what. As long as they keep it out of my son's science text book I don't care what they believe. If they are a good neighbor, pay their Tax's and are kind to others those are the important things in life. Who cares if they believe in talking snakes or that green M&Ms make you horny. Being a good person is what counts it matters not Atheist,Christian or Jew.

Last edited: