• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Exist?

Marisa

Profound. Lol.

(The above makes me ponder deeply though. I see cows, pigs and monkeys have sex. Why was I not born as a pig or a cow?? Chance? )
Because your parents weren't pigs or cows.

Imagine how much you could have accomplished while you pondered the question of why you aren't a pig or a cow? Why is a pointless question. There's almost always an easy answer, such as I've provided. While we all spend precious moments of our existence sitting around marveling at how screwed up it is, we're not making it better. Thus, why is a pointless question.

atanu

Premium Member
Because your parents weren't pigs or cows.

I see.

Imagine how much you could have accomplished while you pondered the question of why you aren't a pig or a cow? Why is a pointless question.

So, querying as to why and what of oneself is pointless? Maybe.

But, as per our dharma it is the highest query.

Unification

The second question of course.

The most logical conclusion would be that that universe goes back and forth in cycles and is balanced. If a human behaves like a pig in this conscious lifetime, they will be born a literal conscious pig in the next. That would suck.

Marisa

'

But, as per our dharma it is the highest query.
That often leads to the least action. Such a question, why are *we* here, denotes a desire to change things. So, change them. Stop thinking about them, pondering, wondering why you're a human when there's a cow somewhere else, and DO something.

So yes, IMO, it's pointless.

atanu

Premium Member
That often leads to the least action. Such a question, why are *we* here, denotes a desire to change things. So, change them. Stop thinking about them, pondering, wondering why you're a human when there's a cow somewhere else, and DO something.

He he. That is your perspective.

In my perspective the question is auspicious.

Marisa

He he. That is your perspective.

In my perspective the question is auspicious.
Of course it's my perspective. Isn't that what you wanted when you created this thread? Other's perspectives? We're not at odds here, I'm answering your query from the perspective I possess.

Unification

Very true. Such should be ones desire to spread love, peace, and truth, and make the world a better place unselfishly. One does need to know oneself and the love and peace and the truth first. It all starts with humbling and being brought low, the self realization that the circumstances and conscious life and the ability and knowledge we were given and placed in were not by our own free will of choice or by our own doing. So, a really good question would be why that is so, why ones circumstances are better than the others, in order to genuinely care in the first place. After that, I agree it does become irrelevant and pointless to ask "why?" for the individual. It becomes automatic nature to just "be" and care. Maybe if people understood that they could be a pig or a cow or a monkey in the future or have been in the past and have evolved and are now consciously living in the peak of creation as an advanced intelligent human, they'd be less selfish, arrogant, and ignorant to life and others.

Marisa

Very true. Such should be ones desire to spread love, peace, and truth, and make the world a better place unselfishly. One does need to know oneself and the love and peace and the truth first. It all starts with humbling and being brought low, the self realization that the circumstances and conscious life and the ability and knowledge we were given and placed in were not by our own free will of choice or by our own doing. So, a really good question would be why that is so, why ones circumstances are better than the others, in order to genuinely care in the first place. After that, I agree it does become irrelevant and pointless to ask "why?" for the individual. It becomes automatic nature to just "be" and care. Maybe if people understood that they could be a pig or a cow or a monkey in the future or have been in the past and have evolved and are now consciously living in the peak of creation as an advanced intelligent human, they'd be less selfish, arrogant, and ignorant to life and others.
Well, suffice to say I don't need to be "brought low" in order to grasp that the world could be a better place. All I have to do is look around. Being an empathetic person, I'll have no problem spotting those who need help.

atanu

Premium Member
Of course it's my perspective. Isn't that what you wanted when you created this thread? Other's perspectives? We're not at odds here, I'm answering your query from the perspective I possess.

Well, my writing anything on it may be pointless now. Yet, let me write a line.

It is auspicious to know one's reality. If you truly have realised your self then all questions are pointless.