• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why "God does not exist" is a positive claim

Redneck Mystic

There are some who wish God does not exist. There are those who believe God exists but hates God. Distheists. Oh and even misotheists.
Everyone is entitled to his/her own belief and opinion, but when I see poeple take a really strong stand about something they only believe, they are so sure they are right, but they only believe they are right, I wonder what is really going on, and I do often wonder how they would deal with what I deal with ever day and night of my life, since early 1987, when it began and there was zero doubt what started it. But I know I cannot prove any of it, nor can anyone disprove any of it :)

firedragon

Veteran Member
Everyone is entitled to his/her own belief and opinion, but when I see poeple take a really strong stand about something they only believe, they are so sure they are right, but they only believe they are right, I wonder what is really going on, and I do often wonder how they would deal with what I deal with ever day and night of my life, since early 1987, when it began and there was zero doubt what started it. But I know I cannot prove any of it, nor can anyone disprove any of it :)
Aight. Cheers.

Redneck Mystic

Which means that there is no good reason for anyone else to believe you. :)
Heh, some day, if not in this life, then in the afterlife, you will recall this conversation:). Meanwhile, I wish you an interesting life in these really interesting times.

ppp

Heh, some day, if not in this life, then in the afterlife, you will recall this conversation:). Meanwhile, I wish you an interesting life in these really interesting times.
Not only do I have no reason to believe you, but I have no reason to think that you know or are capable of knowing what you claim.

Telling me that I will rue the day is silly. Might was well say, Nyah nyaah nyah nyah nyaaaah. :)

Redneck Mystic

Not only do I have no reason to believe you, but I have no reason to think that you know or are capable of knowing what you claim.

Telling me that I will rue the day is silly. Might was well say, Nyah nyaah nyah nyah nyaaaah. :)
I didn’t say you would rue the day. I said someday, if not in this life, then in the afterlife, you will recall this conversation, and you will.

Redneck Mystic

I said what I said.
But I did not say what you said I said, and that might be a good place to start looking in the mirror, which I was forced do do for a v-er-y l-o-n-g t-i-m-e, with many refresher courses, by beings the likes of which you will meet someday, if not in the lifetime, then in the afterlife.

ppp

But I did not say what you said I said, and that might be a good place to start looking in the mirror, which I was forced do do for a v-er-y l-o-n-g t-i-m-e, with many refresher courses, by beings the likes of which you will meet someday, if not in the lifetime, then in the afterlife.
All that you are laying down is negging, pop psychology and innuendo. With a dollop of self-advertised hard-fought special wisdom.

Can you be wrong about the nature of your experience in 1987? Could it simply be a product of a human mind misinterpreting an experience?

Redneck Mystic

No. It could not be. As I said earlier in this threat, I have told many Christians that if they lived in my skin, they might wish there were no God, and I meant that literally.

Believe is just that, believe.

Having the direct experience is something else altogether,

There are m any report of ;people having the direct experience, and they knew, as I know, there is no human way to proved it, and that’s just how it is.

Perhaps people who engage in discussions such as this one online, or elsewhere, might ponder just what they might be inviting into their lives?

ppp

Thus, logically possible things or matters cannot be contradictions.
You are incorrect.

There is a duck in my sock drawer.
There is no duck in my sock drawer.

These are logically possible matters that are contradictions.

Redneck Mystic

No, it could not be what you wonder it might be, You were not there, You did not experience it. So, you have no clue what happened. And the way you are carrying on reminds me of Donald Turmp, who acts like he knows everything. As have many Christians I had talked death over decades, who lived in their beliefs and 1-dimensional earth experiences, as you do, because that’s all they have.

Someday, if not in this lifetime, then in the afterlife, you will see differently, and you will remember this conversation.

Re #595, this platform does not present the entire conversation there, perhaps I didn’t see an email notice. I participate in quite. few online forums, and this forums discussion format is inadequate.