• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Has Israel Killed 40,000 Civilians In Gaza?

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
My thoughts exactly. I doubt Israel would attack arbitrarily without first examining proper Intel.
Nothing is "arbitrary" here. They know civilians, whole families, are in those apartment blocks. But if just one "Hamas" target is there, they will level the entire apartment block just to kill this person (along with their family and everyone else in the building, too).

"Moreover, the Israeli army systematically attacked the targeted individuals while they were in their homes — usually at night while their whole families were present — rather than during the course of military activity. According to the sources, this was because, from what they regarded as an intelligence standpoint, it was easier to locate the individuals in their private houses. Additional automated systems, including one called “Where’s Daddy?” also revealed here for the first time, were used specifically to track the targeted individuals and carry out bombings when they had entered their family’s residences.

The result, as the sources testified, is that thousands of Palestinians — most of them women and children or people who were not involved in the fighting — were wiped out by Israeli airstrikes, especially during the first weeks of the war, because of the AI program’s decisions.

“We were not interested in killing [Hamas] operatives only when they were in a military building or engaged in a military activity,” A., an intelligence officer, told +972 and Local Call. “On the contrary, the IDF bombed them in homes without hesitation, as a first option. It’s much easier to bomb a family’s home. The system is built to look for them in these situations.”

Ignatius A

That cuts both ways… but we do know that it is Hamas who gives the statistics who are known to be liars. They already had to revise downward the statistics when they were caught in their false information.

Because it establishes that their honesty and authenticity of “righteousness” is to be questioned
Hamas has no integrity. They claim they have no problem with Jews but also have no problem killing them.

Jimmy

Veteran Member
Hamas has for decades forced children to attend pro-war schools. It easily could have 200,000 trained fighters. 40,000 seems relatively small. I'm surprised that you think its a large number relative to 1 million. Perhaps the reason its relatively small compared to the 1 million inhabitants is that Israel always announces its attacks beforehand, so that people can clear out.
1 dead child is a large number

Yerda

Veteran Member

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Evidence?
Understandable. I'm sorry I presumed this was common knowledge, since I posted about it elsewhere. Here is some information about it made years ago.
"https://foreignpolicy.com/2021/11/05/unrwa-palestine-israel-refugees-united-states-funding-corruption-education/"

A thriving Israel is an embarrassment to all non-capitalist, all non-democratic, all Islamic governments. This comprises the majority of the UN governments. Israel has stellar performance as a small country relative to those around it which are mostly monarchies. Its existence is a black eye to Islam, too, in my opinion. Others are not able to compete, mostly because they believe in monarchies (caliphs), believe that the wealthy class is righteous (because the wealth is a sign of it), believe sharia is necessary (but the successful west and Israel prove its not) and believe that all Jews must eventually be eliminated (though not immediately). The composition of the UN is public knowledge. 49 non-democratic states out of 123. Many governments are threatened by western ideas and don't like the USA, which supports Israel (which supports western ideals). If not the majority then a large fraction of the 123 states are embarrassed by the success of the American experiment but more by Israel's success. These governments would benefit from embarrassing western ideas. Combine that with the many that tout Islam and its promise to eventually kill all Jews. That is a large portion of the UN.

The UN reports statistics about a fight about which it has a conflict of interest. It openly states that it obtains its statistics from Hamas. BBC, Al Jazeera also both have employed Hamas agents as journalists. This is the same Hamas that kills people for simply disagreeing. Many statistics are also supplied by Hamas. The OP statistics are sourceless, not provided. They are probably from Hamas, but the OP does not say.

Here are two posts I posted about it before:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I thought they were trying to defeat Hamas.
Kill'm all, including civilians, & they're
bound to get many Hamas members too.
Their God will sort them.
They aren't Jews, so who cares, eh.

Well...some of the dead were Jews. Israel
mistakenly killed some hostages waving a
white flag. Soldiers thought they were
Palestinian civilians.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Unfortunately babies and toddlers get killed but they are not targeted unlike October 7th,they were cut from their mothers womb first on that occasion.
Over 10,000 Palestinian babies killed by Israel
But it's OK....they weren't specifically targeted.
And they were just Muslims / Arabs.
Just "collateral casualties" of war when Israel
bombs homes, hospitals, & schools.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
Understandable. I'm sorry I presumed this was common knowledge, since I posted about it elsewhere. Here is some information about it made years ago.
"https://foreignpolicy.com/2021/11/05/unrwa-palestine-israel-refugees-united-states-funding-corruption-education/"
Okay. But I don't care for the double standard of crapping on Palestinians for not being total pacifists meanwhile genocidal racism has overtaken Israeli society and is stoked and encouraged by America.
A thriving Israel is an embarrassment to all non-capitalist, all non-democratic, all Islamic governments. This comprises the majority of the UN governments. Israel has stellar performance as a small country relative to those around it which are mostly monarchies. Its existence is a black eye to Islam, too, in my opinion. Others are not able to compete, mostly because they believe in monarchies (caliphs), believe that the wealthy class is righteous (because the wealth is a sign of it), believe sharia is necessary (but the successful west and Israel prove its not) and believe that all Jews must eventually be eliminated (though not immediately). The composition of the UN is public knowledge. 49 non-democratic states out of 123. Many governments are threatened by western ideas and don't like the USA, which supports Israel (which supports western ideals). If not the majority then a large fraction of the 123 states are embarrassed by the success of the American experiment but more by Israel's success. These governments would benefit from embarrassing western ideas. Combine that with the many that tout Islam and its promise to eventually kill all Jews. That is a large portion of the UN.

The UN reports statistics about a fight about which it has a conflict of interest. It openly states that it obtains its statistics from Hamas. BBC, Al Jazeera also both have employed Hamas agents as journalists. This is the same Hamas that kills people for simply disagreeing. Many statistics are also supplied by Hamas. The OP statistics are sourceless, not provided. They are probably from Hamas, but the OP does not say.

Here are two posts I posted about it before:

Not interested in Islamophobic conspiracy theories. You're just repeating talking points of the Israeli government. I've seen you repeating their slander against the UN, too. They hate the UN because it's the largest organization providing aid to Gaza and without it, Gaza would totally collapse. Over a hundred UN staff has been murdered since October and their buildings in Israel have been attacked by Israeli fascists.

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Not interested in Islamophobic conspiracy theories. You're just repeating talking points of the Israeli government. I've seen you repeating their slander against the UN, too.
The dates of my posts reveal Israel is repeating *my* talking points, not the reverse. Also the facts about the UN are not slander. I am attempting to help the UN to improve, not to destroy it. In a small way I'm holding it accountable for imprisoning these people in Gaza and teaching them that their only way out is to destroy their neighbor. The permanent refugee status that it has 'Granted' to them is in fact a prison sentence. That's evil & fact, not slander. That is the UN working to pit one group against another.

As for Islamaphobia its a made up term to denounce all criticisms of the Islamic political position, a position made plain many places and at many times all over the world. Nothing I've stated about Islam comes from Israel but from Islam. Long before this recent war I have pointed out that Islam is a political system with religious attributes, not a religion with political attributes though the two are similar. Its very concretely political, and it can never not be. Hence it is embarrassed by the success of the west, temporary though it may prove to be. The ideals of the West and the ideals of Islam are in a long term competition which the West may lose, but Islam may lose, too. I do not think it will change, however and do not think it can. The West can.