• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why have Christians forgotten the fourth Commandment?

Are all Ten commandments binding?

• Total voters

Heneni

Miss Independent
You dont need saving? OK.

Im not an expert at the matters of the law, since i wasnt born under the law. But to put it short and sweet, only the isrealites are under the law, which part of it, i would imagine all parts of it, but i could be wrong! The isrealites are saved by obeying the law. And as far as the genitles go, they are under no law, except that law that god writes on their heart, its not rules and regulations in a book, it is the law for maintaining a good conscience. I dont think that it was gods intention to covert the jews to the gospel of grace. His intention is to help them fullfill the law.

If you have time you could read romans 2:

12All who sin apart from the law will also perish apart from the law, and all who sin under the law will be judged by the law. 13For it is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God's sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous. 14(Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law, 15since they show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts now accusing, now even defending them.) 16This will take place on the day when God will judge men's secrets through Jesus Christ, as my gospel declares.
17Now you, if you call yourself a Jew; if you rely on the law and brag about your relationship to God; 18if you know his will and approve of what is superior because you are instructed by the law; 19if you are convinced that you are a guide for the blind, a light for those who are in the dark, 20an instructor of the foolish, a teacher of infants, because you have in the law the embodiment of knowledge and truth-- 21you, then, who teach others, do you not teach yourself? You who preach against stealing, do you steal? 22You who say that people should not commit adultery, do you commit adultery? You who abhor idols, do you rob temples? 23You who brag about the law, do you dishonor God by breaking the law?

doppelganger

Through the Looking Glass
You dont need saving? OK.

Im not an expert at the matters of the law, since i wasnt born under the law. But to put it short and sweet, only the isrealites are under the law, which part of it, i would imagine all parts of it, but i could be wrong!
So you aren't under any of the Law?

Heneni

Miss Independent
The law of god is written on my heart, so im not under any law written in a book if that helps. Nothing in the torah or the bible.

There is the commandment to love...a bit of an oxymoron. Since you cant COMMAND any one to love you, unless you dont want them too, cause no one will love you if you command them to do it!!!, im a bit sceptical to it being a commandment in the old tradisional sense of the word commandment. The only thing the isrealites understood was rules and regulations, which is why jesus 'commanded' them to love him. That being as hard for the gentiles as it is for the isrealites.

But i think im not the one to answer your questions on the law. I am free from the law, so that I can be free to love god. I dont know if that makes sense? If you are free from rules and regulations in a relationship, you are free to have a proper relationship with someone.

heneni

doppelganger

The law of god is written on my heart, so im not under any law written in a book if that helps. Nothing in the torah or the bible.
So what does "Jesus's sacrifice" do for you?

There is the commandment to love...a bit of an oxymoron. Since you cant COMMAND any one to love you, unless you dont want them too, cause no one will love you if you command them to do it!!!, im a bit sceptical to it being a commandment in the old tradisional sense of the word commandment. The only thing the isrealites understood was rules and regulations, which is why jesus 'commanded' them to love him. That being as hard for the gentiles as it is for the isrealites.

Oh . . . mucho grande frubals for that answer. :yes::D

But i think im not the one to answer your questions on the law. I am free from the law, so that I can be free to love god. I dont know if that makes sense?
Of course it does!

Heneni

Miss Independent
What did Jesus's sacrifice do for me?

Jesus was murdered for the gentiles, and he was sacrificed for the isrealites.

LOL...that must not help you any.

doppelganger

What did Jesus's sacrifice do for me?

Jesus was murdered for the gentiles, and he was sacrificed for the isrealites.

LOL...that must not help you any.

Actually, that's the same answer I would give (though my "isrealites" would be metaphorical, and include plenty of non-Jewish "Christians").

jtartar

Hello,
When a covenant is estabolished, only those named in the covenant are a part of it. This is true today and it was true when the Mosaic Law Covenant was estabolished. There can be many things mentioned in a covenant that are also mentioned in many other covenants. That does not mean that everyone is in every covenant.
Notice how the words of the Bible exclude everyone but the Israelites, Deut 5:1-3, 4:6-8, Ps 147:19,20.
Jeremiah prophesied many years before that the Mosaic Law Covenant would come to an end, Jere 31:31-34. It came to end with the death of Jesus Christ, Col 2:13,14.
After Jesus death the Mosaic Law Covenant was ended, but the FIRST GENTILE to cme into the Christian Congregation was Cornelius, in 36CE, Acts 10:1,2, 22, 24-29, 34,35,42-48.
Since the Mosaic Law ended in the first century, no one is under the Mosaic Laws. There are some things that were REITERATED, that are still in effect, but it is not part of the Mosaic Law, but part of the New Covenant.
It is safe to say that nobody in the United States obeys the Mosaic Law Covenant. There were 613 laws in the whole covenant. If we went by the Mosaic Law we would spend much time stoning people to death, because many of the laws carried a death penalty for breaking them. The Ten Commandments, or The Decologue was just the most important.
The original Sabbath was our Saturday!!
There are things called Eternities, which are God's estabolished way. These things could be mentioned in every covenant He estabolishes with anyone. This does not mean that all are part of every covenant that these same things are mentioned.
On the night before Jesus' death he instituted a NEW COVENANT, which was much better than the Mosaic Law Covenant, because it was based on Jesus' blood, not on the blood of goats and bulls, as was the Mosaic Law Covenant, Luke 22:19,20, Heb 8:6-13.
The Bible says that the Mosaic Law Covenant was a shadow of the good things to come. These good things had to do with Jesus, Heb 10:1,3,4,10-12, Acts 13:38,39.

nawab

when they can forget the first commandment whats the big deal if they forgot the forth commandment

Arlanbb

1 Cor. 16:2 I see no command in this scripture to stop going to the temple on the sabbath day as Paul had been doing most of his life Acts 13:14 and also the Disciples Act. 16:13 they were all Jews. All it is saying to do is to lay something aside after the Sabbath, when they don't do business, on the 1st day of the week so that when I stop by on any day of the week you can give it to me. To get more out of that is to twist the scripture to your own liking. Remember the Sabbath was made for the Jews that lived in Israel and they didn't have watches like we do. They used the sun and still do But when you get to the north or south poles you don't have normal day or nights so there is not really any way to use the sun to count days or weeks etc. there.

idea

Question Everything
we follow this:
We should not buy or sell on the sabbath, Neh. 10:31.

Luke 13:14 And the ruler of the synagogue answered with indignation, because that Jesus had healed on the sabbath day, and said unto the people, There are six days in which men ought to work: in them therefore come and be healed, and not on the sabbath day.

within reason of course...

anyways, we don't watch TV on Sunday or Monday nights (family home evening). we go to church, don't shop, do things like talk to grandparents on the phone, read, spend time with fam, go for a walk, etc... We try to keep it holy.

from BD - sat vs. Sun:
Before the resurrection of Christ, the members of the Church observed the last day of the week as the Sabbath, as did the Jews. After the resurrection, the members of the Church, whether Jews or Gentiles, observed the first day of the week (the Lord's day) to remember the Lord's resurrection. The Church today continues to observe one day each week as a holy sabbath day on which to worship God and rest from the labors of the world.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
What if we keep it Holy on a Tuesday instead?...Or we have no "special day" we talk to the grandparents and turn of the T.V ?...Sort of a "rotating " Holy day...

Would that count?

Love

Dallas

So which is it?
Was he murdered, or did he sacrifice himself?

John 10:17-18
Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again. [18] No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.

Seems it was His doin.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
John 10:17-18
Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again. [18] No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.

Seems it was His doin.

Yeah...He could have run away and hidden..Like some of his followers did...

Love

Dallas