• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why I am a good proof that there is a God

Segev Moran

So what you say, is... that god speaks through you to say it speaks through you?
Hmmm.
I assume that if god spoke through you, it was probably self explanatory from the content of the message without the need to declare so :)

For the first question I believe the answer is yes. The whole concept of having Jesus as Lord is Him in me taking over my mind and body. This is essential Christianity.

For the second question, I believe the answer is no. I unlike Jesus am a separate person from God. The Paraclete however which is God in me, is the same person as God.

I believe that is correct but God is not always present in people working His will. He has to be asked to do that. He will not usually simply take over someone against their will.

I believe you are hearing Him speak as I write although sometimes He speaks more directly as opposed to through me.

I believe dreams and visions are gifts of the Holy Spirit given to whom God wishes. I believe you would have to ask other Christians on here if they have had that experience. For instance Joseph (coat of many colors) had many brothers but he had the dreams.

I believe He healed me of Covid-19. He has not healed me of high blood pressure nor of psoriasis. These things are manageable. I am sure when the time comes for me to die, I will.

I believe Jesus keeps from sin because I can't do anything without Him and He does not sin.

I believe it is all of them and some things that are not scripture.
[/QUOTE]
How do you know its God or Jesus and not something else?
Obviously, when time comes (hopefully a long long time), you will die. If not... It will be a first ;)
Why can't you do anything without Jesus?
And so far, in the entire OT, not even once was there someone who did not sin.
Its impossible for us not to sin as it is our nature. That is the whole point as depicted by the Genesis story time and time again.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Dont get offended. There was another guy I know very well. I mean not personally of course, he is long gone. But he was truly an inspirational guy. His name was Ramana, he was in India, and he called himself "Ramana Rishi". He made the exact same claims that you have made above. But his God was something else.

Some time ago I met a guy called "Mahashri Rajan" who wanted to do a TV programme with him at the helm. I later understood that his name was just "Rajan" and that the Mahashri prefix is an Indian expression of a Shri or divine person and Maha means "Big or huge". So he calls himself something like a "Bigtime or huge divine Ramana". He too, made the exact same claims you have made.

If your claims are to be taken as evidence for the existence of God, then both these other guys also made the same claims and I can tell you directly, their so called Gods are absolutely different. If I go into descriptions it might be found disrespectful.

So how would you counter that? Specifically!!!

I believe I would have to examine what they say. For instance I did not summarily dismiss the claims of Krishna and the Baháʼu'lláh. However after reading the words it appeared to me their claims were false. I examined the writings of one swami and it was easy to see it was not my God so it may have been something else. I would have to examine the words but the claim of Jehovah is that there are no other Gods before Him.

Muffled

Jesus in me
How do you know its God or Jesus and not something else?
Obviously, when time comes (hopefully a long long time), you will die. If not... It will be a first ;)
Why can't you do anything without Jesus?
And so far, in the entire OT, not even once was there someone who did not sin.
Its impossible for us not to sin as it is our nature. That is the whole point as depicted by the Genesis story time and time again.
[/QUOTE]

I believe now we are getting down to the nitty gritty.

When I first heard from God at age 13, I had very little knowledge of Him but from church I knew that people prayed to Him. So i called for God to answer me and He did. At that time it was by faith that I believed the answer came from God since that was who I sought. Now that I have read all the Bible many times and have His word in me I am able to know His voice by what He says and how He says it. So now I know that my faith has been confirmed because I recognize God by the words He spoke.

firedragon

Veteran Member
I believe I would have to examine what they say. For instance I did not summarily dismiss the claims of Krishna and the Baháʼu'lláh. However after reading the words it appeared to me their claims were false. I examined the writings of one swami and it was easy to see it was not my God so it may have been something else. I would have to examine the words but the claim of Jehovah is that there are no other Gods before Him.

How is that relevant?

soulsurvivor

Premium Member
I believe there is only one God so that means all of the above.
So if the Father, the Son, the Holy Spirit and Jesus are all one, was Jesus lying when he said (Matthew 24:36): "But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father."?

Watchmen

Premium Member
I believe you have no way to evaluate my mental state and it is quite possible that you would deny any evidence simply because you wish it not to be so.
There is no evidence of god. If there was, then there would be no need for faith, right.

And of course I can evaluate your mental state. Everyone here is evaluating the mental states of those who post here to some degree. It’s inherent in all communications.

Sheldon

Veteran Member
If God is real then he should be clear to see am I right?
I believe you are wrong. There are a whole bunch of things that can't be seen by the naked eye but are real just the same.

Though it's worth noting that no non-existent thing can't be seen of course, lest we lose sight of that rather pertinent fact. Just as non-existent things don't provide any data, cannot be studied or tested by science, and of course non-existent things cannot be objectively evidenced to have any influence on the physical world and universe.

If only we could piece together what this all suggests?

Muffled

Jesus in me
So if the Father, the Son, the Holy Spirit and Jesus are all one, was Jesus lying when he said (Matthew 24:36): "But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father."?

He was not. That is a problem with an English translation. At least in Spanish there is conozco to be aware of and sabe to know. Jesus will not be physically present for the demise of the earth to be aware of it. Of course He knows about it and only God knows about it.

Muffled

Jesus in me
None of the believers here have posted evidence of god. They can’t. It doesn’t exist. There is no such evidence.

I believe the concept that there is no evidence is a biased view. It is not based on facts and that is logical because the null hypothesis doesn't have any facts.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Though it's worth noting that no non-existent thing can't be seen of course, lest we lose sight of that rather pertinent fact. Just as non-existent things don't provide any data, cannot be studied or tested by science, and of course non-existent things cannot be objectively evidenced to have any influence on the physical world and universe.

If only we could piece together what this all suggests?

I believe then that since I have evidence of God then He does exist.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
I believe God I have evidence for, Krishna I do not. So of course I am going to measure by the one I know.

Can we see this evidence? Y’know, especially for someone who believes in a “God” for whom there is no evidence. After all, I have no evidence for Krishna’s existence. I only have faith and belief. So if can see evidence for the existence of “God”, might be swayed.

Watchmen

Premium Member
I believe the concept that there is no evidence is a biased view. It is not based on facts and that is logical because the null hypothesis doesn't have any facts.
Believers have no evidence god exists. Prove me wrong.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Why is god incapable of saying anything that we can hear? Why is it that only people who already believe in him can hear him?

This kind of issue keeps coming up with your arguments. It seems your version of god has very limited abilities and is not able to do much with what little power he does have.
Given this, why do you think it is a god worth following?

I believe God has said things people could hear. That happened in the person of Jesus as far as audible hearing goes. However God is also capable of speaking into our minds just as we can think words without saying them.

I believe it is for the same reason that Jesus couldn't heal people in His home town. They simply would not go for heealing because they did not believe in Him. People do not try to hear from God for the same reason. Besides that there is the possibility that God would not waste His time trying to talk to people who wouldn't believe what He said anyway.

I believe I don't know where you are getting that from. God can do a great many things and I have already reported some of them. For me God brings eternal life.