• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why I am a good proof that there is a God

Sheldon

Veteran Member
I believe the concept that there is no evidence is a biased view.
Great, a breakthrough, so will you be demonstrating some objective evidence for a deity now? Or is this to be another bare claim for this ever elusive "evidence" of a deity?

Sheldon

Veteran Member
I believe God has said things people could hear. That happened in the person of Jesus as far as audible hearing goes. However God is also capable of speaking into our minds just as we can think words without saying them.

I believe it is for the same reason that Jesus couldn't heal people in His home town. They simply would not go for heealing because they did not believe in Him. People do not try to hear from God for the same reason. Besides that there is the possibility that God would not waste His time trying to talk to people who wouldn't believe what He said anyway.

I believe I don't know where you are getting that from. God can do a great many things and I have already reported some of them. For me God brings eternal life.

Those are just unevidenced claims? Hilarious...

ratiocinator

Lightly seared on the reality grill.
I believe your concept of evidence lacks reality.

I believe that you don't even understand the concept of evidence. Your unsupported assertions and subjective beliefs are not evidence of anything outside of your own mind.

Sheldon

Veteran Member

I see no evidence in post #1 only unevidenced claims?

I believe first and foremost God is real because He abides in me.

That is just a bare claim.

My testimony to that affect should be enough but people need to know there are discernable affects that indicate god is present.

Subjective anecdotal claims are not evidence of course not. If I claimed I could make myself invisible and fly, I imagine you'd need a little more than "my testimony" as you put it.

1. God speaks to me.
2. God gives me dreams and visons.
3. God heals my diseases.
4. God keeps me from sin.
5. God helps me to understand scripture
6. God speaks through me.

None of those are evidence, they are just bare claims.

Is that it, seriously? Evidence indeed, dear oh dear.

Last edited:

KWED

Scratching head, scratching knee
I believe God does not seek to kill but He has to in order to provide justice.
Well that's obviously nonsense.
1. We can provide justice without killing, so why can't god.
2. Why does he need to kill innocent people (including children) to provide justice?
3. Who is he providing justice for, and against whom?

KWED

Scratching head, scratching knee
I believe my own mind is evidence of things outside my mind.
mind-blown-explosion.gif

Muffled

Jesus in me
I see no evidence in post #1 only unevidenced claims?

That is just a bare claim.

Subjective anecdotal claims are not evidence of course not. If I claimed I could make myself invisible and fly, I imagine you'd need a little more than "my testimony" as you put it.

None of those are evidence, they are just bare claims.

Is that it, seriously? Evidence indeed, dear oh dear.

I believe it is evidence and better than a lot of scientific evidence which so often fails to be true. The thing is this: if you don't like it just claim it isn't evidence but what evidence do you have that it isn't evidence?

ratiocinator

Lightly seared on the reality grill.
I believe my claims are evidence.

Is English not your first language?

evidence - "The available body of facts or information indicating whether a belief or proposition is true or valid." Your claims are propositions or beliefs, not evidence that supports them.