• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why I am a good proof that there is a God

Sheldon

Veteran Member
to show we all experience similar, and it's about recognizing God

Please don't say all, I experience nothing of the kind, and whilst I may doubt your claims about what you experience, I don't make claims about what you experience, so please extend me the same curtesy. You can submit any claims or assertions I make to the most rigorous and critical scrutiny, but don't tell me, or even imply what I experience.

Sheldon

Veteran Member
Proof of God is clearly seen by all. If they don't see it; it's because they're blind.

That is risible unevidenced nonsense. What do you hope to achieve by telling other people what they see? Question claims, question assertions, and questions belief by all means, but don't make asinine assertions about what what others see, or do not see.

74x12

That is risible unevidenced nonsense. What do you hope to achieve by telling other people what they see? Question claims, question assertions, and questions belief by all means, but don't make asinine assertions about what what others see, or do not see.
Hmm, nothing. I achieve nothing. I directed this to the OP you know. But if it offends you then understand I also am blind unless God opens my eyes.

Segev Moran

I believe first and foremost God is real because He abides in me.
So... god is possessing you? or are you "one with god"?
My testimony to that affect should be enough but people need to know there are discernable affects that indicate god is present.
God is always present ;)
1. God speaks to me.
What does it say?
2. God gives me dreams and visons.
Only you? or all people?
3. God heals my diseases.
Really? I bet ya that if you'll have an infection that grows, god will probably won't save ya.
But I really hope you'll never have to find out :)
4. God keeps me from sin.
How?
5. God helps me to understand scripture
What scripture? specific one? all of them?
6. God speaks through me.
[/QUOTE]
So what you say, is... that god speaks through you to say it speaks through you?
Hmmm.
I assume that if god spoke through you, it was probably self explanatory from the content of the message without the need to declare so :)

soulsurvivor

Premium Member

My testimony to that affect should be enough but people need to know there are discernable affects that indicate god is present.

1. God speaks to me.
Regarding #1: Exactly which God speaks to you? The Father, the Son, the Holy Spirit or Jesus?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

1. God speaks to me.
My mind and body does those same things without any God.

People have that second voice in their head. Psychology calls it "inner speech"

People dream and see things.

Biology cures disease over time.

People know what right and wrong are in their own context.

Most can read and understand literature

That second voice can also give advice and formulate plans. The brain does have multiple hemispheres that communicate as individuals.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I believe you are talking about identity. The events occurred so how do they relate to a god and is it a particular God. The answer of course is the Bible. I wouldn't know who He is without that reference.
Identity???

The events did not occur. Outside the Bible and the Christian religious community, there is no evidence for any worldwide flood or Israelite exodus. All experts in the relevant fields agree on this. Only the religious hold a contrary opinion, and theirs is based on tradition and emotion, supported by a great deal of illogical rationalization and non-facts.

Belief in something unevidenced is delusion.

firedragon

Veteran Member

1. God speaks to me.

Dont get offended. There was another guy I know very well. I mean not personally of course, he is long gone. But he was truly an inspirational guy. His name was Ramana, he was in India, and he called himself "Ramana Rishi". He made the exact same claims that you have made above. But his God was something else.

Some time ago I met a guy called "Mahashri Rajan" who wanted to do a TV programme with him at the helm. I later understood that his name was just "Rajan" and that the Mahashri prefix is an Indian expression of a Shri or divine person and Maha means "Big or huge". So he calls himself something like a "Bigtime or huge divine Ramana". He too, made the exact same claims you have made.

If your claims are to be taken as evidence for the existence of God, then both these other guys also made the same claims and I can tell you directly, their so called Gods are absolutely different. If I go into descriptions it might be found disrespectful.

So how would you counter that? Specifically!!!

ratiocinator

Lightly seared on the reality grill.
1. He does to Atheists as well, they just can't recognize the sword of God with them, it thunders in their soul calling them to recognize it, but they ignore it their whole lives.
2. He does with Atheists as well, they just can't recognize Angels and dreams from them.
3. He does with Atheists as well, they just call it unknown medical unexplained events.
4. He does with Atheists as well, they just attribute the praise and glory to the wrong identity and don't recognize their protector.
5. He does with Atheists as well, they just outsmart themselves and deceive themselves with respect to it.
6. He does with Atheists as well, they just don't recognize the favors are from God and see themselves good for this reason, because their eloquence and smartness is from God's word and holy spirit as well, yet because they don't split between the darkness and light it's all mixed up for them. The result is they are confused when they talk and hence sometimes say true things and sometimes outsmart themselves with what looks smart but it's them outsmarting themselves and deceiving themselves.

Baseless assertions in support of baseless assertions. Where is 'proof' referred to in the title?

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Please don't say all, I experience nothing of the kind, and whilst I may doubt your claims about what you experience, I don't make claims about what you experience, so please extend me the same curtesy. You can submit any claims or assertions I make to the most rigorous and critical scrutiny, but don't tell me, or even imply what I experience.

Whether you are running away from God and he is behind you, or you going forward and he is in front of you, we all experience God and he, his chosen guide and light is with us all.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Baseless assertions in support of baseless assertions. Where is 'proof' referred to in the title?

The proofs are being claimed to be within the soul and hence your soul and my soul and everyone soul is proof God abides in them. The OP recognizes God with him, others do not.

ratiocinator

Lightly seared on the reality grill.
The proofs are being claimed to be within the soul and hence your soul and my soul and everyone soul is proof God abides in them.

I see no evidence (let alone proof) that anybody has a soul (at least not in the religious sense). There is nothing within me that is any sort of evidence (let alone proof) of any god.
The OP recognizes God with him, others do not.

Another baseless assertion. This thread was supposed to be about proof of god. I haven't even seen the first suggestion of the merest hint of the tiniest scrap of evidence yet.

Sheldon

Veteran Member
7. That's your choice.
8. I can and have, but are you capable of accepting God?

I know it's my choice, I just voiced it, though in truth there is little choice in it really, as you have presented naught but bare assertions.

I can accept sufficient objective evidence, if you ever present any.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I know it's my choice, I just voiced it, though in truth there is little choice in it really, as you have presented naught but bare assertions.

I can accept sufficient objective evidence, if you ever present any.

The biggest evidence is that your value is in God's judgment, and without his judgment, you have no exact value. The biggest proof for God I know of is that he sees all things and encompasses all things, and this suffices as proof for him, because that's the nature of things, to exist in his vision. Without his vision, you would be an illusion, but you know you and others are not made up falsehoods by the brain.

Thank you for listening.