• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why I am a good proof that there is a God

KWED

Scratching head, scratching knee
But Jordan was not even close to being the first to write about multiverses. Multiverses were practically a fad from the 60s through the early 80s. Farmer. Simak. Norton. Niven. Heinlein. Anthony. Hambly. Donaldson. Zelazny. Boyett. Brin. To name a few.
Dick.

Muffled

Jesus in me
What was Weber's multiverse book?

I am thinking of wormholes which he uses often. I believe wormholes are a mystery in real life. We do not know whether they go to: another place in this universe or another place in another universe. I believe Weber presumes that it is his universe.

Reactions: ppp

ppp

I am thinking of wormholes which he uses often. I believe wormholes are a mystery in real life. We do not know whether they go to: another place in this universe or another place in another universe. I believe Weber presumes that it is his universe.
If you are talking wormholes from the Honorverse, those are Einstein-Rosen Bridges and necessarily wholly within this universe. Also, they are entirely hypothetical. We have no idea if they exist.

Sheldon

Veteran Member
I believe what I am telling you is not fiction.
I understand, but I can't believe any claim without sufficient objective evidence, and I have not seen any demonstrated. Indeed in many decades of scrutiny, I have found the claims to be based on subjective and anecdotal hearsay.

Muffled

Jesus in me
I understand, but I can't believe any claim without sufficient objective evidence, and I have not seen any demonstrated. Indeed in many decades of scrutiny, I have found the claims to be based on subjective and anecdotal hearsay.

I believe there is no way for you to have objective evidence of my experience. All you can do is objectively investigate my experience. I do not really think you can be objective but I would like to be surprised.

ppp

I believe there is no way for you to have objective evidence of my experience. All you can do is objectively investigate my experience.
If, as you say, there is no objective evidence of your experience, then there is nothing to objectively investigate about your experience.,

Sheldon

Veteran Member
Sheldon said:
I believe there is no way for you to have objective evidence of my experience.

That is axiomatically correct.

All you can do is objectively investigate my experience.

How so?

I do not really think you can be objective

Well that is just your subjective opinion.

but I would like to be surprised.

'kay...:)

Muffled

Jesus in me
That is axiomatically correct.

How so?

Well that is just your subjective opinion.

'kay...:)

I believe it is a matter of asking the right questions. Others have done so. This isn't my first go round on this.

She Blinded me with Science:

Muffled

Jesus in me
If, as you say, there is no objective evidence of your experience, then there is nothing to objectively investigate about your experience.,

I believe you are not being objective saying that. I believe that is more of a subjective belief.

Sheldon

Veteran Member
I believe you are not being objective saying that. I believe that is more of a subjective belief.

Before we disappear into endless double negatives, Policy constructed an argument, and you ignored it. For example, if you disagree with his assertion then maybe try explaining how your belief can be objectively investigated if there is no objective evidence to support it, and it is based on your own personal and anecdotal claims for personal experience? Rather than simply dismiss the argument.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Before we disappear into endless double negatives, Policy constructed an argument, and you ignored it. For example, if you disagree with his assertion then maybe try explaining how your belief can be objectively investigated if there is no objective evidence to support it, and it is based on your own personal and anecdotal claims for personal experience? Rather than simply dismiss the argument.

I shouldn't have to lead a person into a rational approach but for your benefit, another person suggested that my mind could not be quite right to believe my experiences are real. That can be investigated by examining what I say.