• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why I don't accept Christian or Muslim Faith

Viker

Your beloved eccentric Auntie Cristal
Sufficient reasoning I suppose. I actually just prefer my path over any other. That's my main reason for not being Christian or Muslim or Hindu or Sikh or ......

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
Sufficient reasoning I suppose. I actually just prefer my path over any other. That's my main reason for not being Christian or Muslim or Hindu or Sikh or ......

Nope, I agree that's more or less my reasoning too. That, and those are some pretty wack Gods yo.

But I couldn't figure out how else to flip the "reasons I don't agree with Baha'i faith" thread.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I get why Satan sees Allah (swt) as a Jinn that possesses the Prophets (a).

I just don't get why humans choose Satan over Allah (swt) and deny the Living Being that created all things and how they can equate others with the ultimate one.

Allah (swt) is with all things. I suppose Jinn occupy space of a lot of minds of people and that some people worship them ignorantly and equate them with God when in fact they are enemies to the soul of that person and lead them astray . They are no where on par with Allah (swt), in fact, they are not even on par with the exalted souls of Prophets (a) and close Angels (a).

Soothsaying religions are old and ancient. So is Allah (swt) and the truth his representatives come with.

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member

I just don't get why humans choose Satan over Allah (swt) and deny the Living Being that created all things and how they can equate others with the ultimate one.

Allah (swt) is with all things. I suppose Jinn occupy space of a lot of minds of people and that some people worship them ignorantly and equate them with God when in fact they are enemies to the soul of that person and lead them astray . They are no where on par with Allah (swt), in fact, they are not even on par with the exalted souls of Prophets (a) and close Angels (a).

Soothsaying religions are old and ancient. So is Allah (swt) and the truth his representatives come with.

"He, Allah, is One. Allah is He on Whom all depend. He begets not, nor is He begotten; And none is like Him".

I see this as saying Allah is uncreated, and of/in All things.

So, to me, this equates Allah with Magick in my view. The power that permeates the Universe.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
If Allah is All things, then He is Satan and even the Jinn as well.

Because

All is One.

Well..... I don't think it's that simple.

Just hypothetically, if I'm making rules for my child, for example, my teenage child. And I'm going out of town, and they're staying home alone, I might make some rules for them and tell them NOT to do some things they would have never thought of on their own.

When I do that I am creating something in the form of a negation. It's still part of me and my imagination, but it's not something I want to happen, it's something I don't want to happen.

It's like that. Just because it's all the same source, and ultimately the same essence, that doesn't mean it has the same intention. All is one, doesn't mean all is good.

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
Well..... I don't think it's that simple.

Just hypothetically, if I'm making rules for my child, for example, my teenage child. And I'm going out of town, and they're staying home alone, I might make some rules for them and tell them NOT to do some things they would have never thought of on their own.

When I do that I am creating something in the form of a negation. It's still part of me and my imagination, but it's not something I want to happen, it's something I don't want to happen.

It's like that. Just because it's all the same source, and ultimately the same essence, that doesn't mean it has the same intention. All is one, doesn't mean all is good.

I don't disagree completely with the last bit, which is why I'm Polytheistic. But I also wouldn't tell my teenager what I "don't" expect them to do, I'd only instill in them what they should be doing. If the opposite occurs, then a discussion will ensue after the fact.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
I don't disagree completely with the last bit, which is why I'm Polytheistic. But I also wouldn't tell my teenager what I "don't" expect them to do, I'd only instill in them what they should be doing. If the opposite occurs, then a discussion will ensue after the fact.

... if you find out. The tricky thing is, if there is something that happens there is sometimes "I didn't know I wasn't supposed to..." or "why didn't you warn me not to do that???"

both of those have happened here.

I could tell a story right now, but, I'd better not.

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
... if you find out. The tricky thing is, if there is something that happens there is sometimes "I didn't know I wasn't supposed to..." or "why didn't you warn me not to do that???"

both of those have happened here.

I could tell a story right now, but, I'd better not.

"Congratulations on being blessed with more responsibility, but sometimes the best lessons come from experience, not knowledge. "

JustGeorge

Out of Order
Staff member
Premium Member
Basically, and I even tried, given it's the majority opinion Culturally. Just felt wrong. As wrong as trying to be atheist felt.
Yeah, I tried the same. For awhile, never understood there were any other options than "believe in this god, or none at all".

Why trust in Allah?

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Personally, I have no problems with them.
Any of the versions of them.

It is their followers that I can't stand.
I don't personally see any particular reason to be part of any religion. If it helps someone be a better human being (and it does for some), great. I focus on the great ones from every religious tradition include the Baal Shem Tov, St. Francis of Assisi, Rumi, Hafiz, Ramakrishna Paramhamsa and Milarepa to name a few.