• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why I don't accept Christian or Muslim Faith

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
@The Hammer can you see how "your path" would be seen by Muslims as just you succumbing to your whims? Whether that is the case or not, saying, I get to make my path and forge it does sound like that.

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
@The Hammer can you see how "your path" would be seen by Muslims as just you succumbing to your whims? Whether that is the case or not, saying, I get to make my path and forge it does sound like that.

Well, I can see how it might be interpreted that way.

Which is why I am not Muslim or Christian. Any spiritual or scriptural viewpoint that tells me to eschew another person's chosen direction in life, is immoral.

Hospitality to all, always.

We have walked singular paths long before the written word. To lead from One's heart is the whole point. One's mind, language and intellect leads them astray.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Any spiritual or scriptural viewpoint that tells me to eschew another person's chosen direction in life, is immoral.
Why is that? Isn't that a contradicting thing though. You are going against the path of those type religions or against a person who believes there is ought to be ways.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
We have walked singular paths long before the written word. To lead from One's heart is the whole point. One's mind, language and intellect leads them astray.

The heart sees what is loves. If the love is guided by truth, it will see the beauty of truth. Sins I believe ruin it though but they can always be defeated. Intellect is important faculty even from just the analytical component. It keeps the heart grounded to not make up reality as it pleases. It's a tool that the heart should take feedback from.

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
Why is that? Isn't that a contradicting thing though. You are going against the path of those type religions or against a person who believes there is ought to be ways.

What's the contradiction exactly, I'm not really seeing it.

I only have these types of discussions with convert seeking, proselytizing sects of particular religions. I have nothing against Islam, or its message, neither Christianity. You'll never here me degrade Hinduism, or the indigenous tribal religions of various societies.

But Islam and Christianity are notorious for forced conversions and killing those that aren't willing to be Muslim or Christian, and or making their religious laws, the state laws when not everyone in said area is muslim or Christian.

I have the same issue with any religion that says their path is the only one, and I need to follow it or I am damned. It's not hospitable to act like that towards others.

Billions of people equals billions of paths, as there is no one size fits all.

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
But isn't Allah Love? So why should I not follow that.

I don't believe in sin. I believe in personal responsibility.

The heart sees what is loves. If the love is guided by truth, it will see the beauty of truth. Sins I believe ruin it though but they can always be defeated. Intellect is important faculty even from just the analytical component. It keeps the heart grounded to not make up reality as it pleases. It's a tool that the heart should take feedback from.

Little Dragon

Tell that to the Christians and Muslims that want to forcibly convert others, or impose their religious will through law.
They get away with it. Still me and England My Lionheart are Brits. Our experience is different, from that of places like the USA. Religion here is put firmly in it's place, where it is voluntary only. We have Beth Din and Sharia law courts here, but they still have to make rulings compliant with UK laws.

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
If Allah is All things, then He is Satan and even the Jinn as well.

Because

All is One.
Yeah, it's like I was taught God was everywhere and knows all. But if God is not in or part of some things, like a being that is supposed to be pure evil, then there is someplace that God isn't? And related to that, is if this God knew a spirit-being he created was going to become pure evil, why did this God create him? Anyway, I'm fine with it all being myth. Maybe it's real and true, maybe not and just stuff people made up.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
What's the contradiction exactly, I'm not really seeing it.

I only have these types of discussions with convert seeking, proselytizing sects of particular religions. I have nothing against Islam, or its message, neither Christianity. You'll never here me degrade Hinduism, or the indigenous tribal religions of various societies.

But Islam and Christianity are notorious for forced conversions and killing those that aren't willing to be Muslim or Christian, and or making their religious laws, the state laws when not everyone in said area is muslim or Christian.

I have the same issue with any religion that says their path is the only one, and I need to follow it or I am damned. It's not hospitable to act like that towards others.

Billions of people equals billions of paths, as there is no one size fits all.
The contradiction is you acknowledge there are wrong paths and condemn them. But are frustrated with paths that condemn other paths.

F1fan

Veteran Member
In the Quran and ahadith, God is said to be there in the manifest horizon. The Quran also talks about the lanterns therein, and that God makes it an adornment in the vision of the onlookers.
None of this is factual, and not believable to rational minds. Why would a person want to believe this?
Then it's just about looking and gazing spiritually. There is no comparison between light and darkness, and as such those who direct themselves to the darkness do so out injustice to themselves and towards others and towards God. They of course cannot harm God but they do harm themselves.
I don't see spiritual practices as relying on belief in supernatural concepts. These seem to me way too distracting from the self and who the self is. The focus in Abrahamic religions is a God not known to exist, so it's like a mental drama where the self is a bit player.