• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why I don't accept Christian or Muslim Faith

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
The contradiction is you acknowledge there are wrong paths and condemn them. But are frustrated with paths that condemn other paths.

Nope, because as I said, I'm not condemning the overall message of the Bible or Quran. Only the actions of certain groups of people.

I don't care who believes this:
"The belief that "There is no god but God, and Muhammad is the Messenger of God"

Or this:
"through belief in and acceptance of the death and resurrection of Jesus, sinful humans can be reconciled to God, and thereby are offered salvation and the promise of eternal life."

But I do care if it is forced. The only "bad path" is physical and mental harm to another, for the sake of self-gratification through 'gaining converts'.

Let others come to you in peace and time. And they will. Tell others they are wrong and need to believe the way another does right now, or else damnation... will only create enemies. Again I come back to what I said about Hospitality to others being of supreme importance.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
I have a methodology that works for me, "my Path".

I don't really understand your question though. Truth is a fuzzy concept. What do you mean by "Truth"?
Please tell us the Methodology which one follows and which is correct and is to be followed by others, right?

Regards

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
Same God viewed through the lens of different cultures. In time God tends to become a shadow of the holy men who write scripture about him.

In your view.

Which means All Gods are true and lead to spiritual insight.

No false religions. Different religious views and Gods, for differing peoples. As we all don't start in the same place, we all take differing paths.

Colt

In your view.

Which means All Gods are true and lead to spiritual insight.

No false religions. Different religious views and Gods, for differing peoples. As we all don't start in the same place, we all take differing paths.
Yes, I basically agree. All Gods are concepts which are relatively true.

Colt

Relatively true? All True overall imv.

Enjoy your beliefs. Go forth and do good things.
Yes, If God is Infinite Truth, then finites can only ever be relatively right about anything no matter how accurate our understanding is and no matter how far we progress in the universe. There will always be more to learn about the Infinate. .

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
Yes, If God is Infinite Truth, then finites can only ever be relatively right about anything no matter how accurate our understanding is and no matter how far we progress in the universe. There will always be more to learn about the Infinate. .

I don't agree. But as I said, enjoy.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Nope, because as I said, I'm not condemning the overall message of the Bible or Quran. Only the actions of certain groups of people.

I don't care who believes this:
"The belief that "There is no god but God, and Muhammad is the Messenger of God"

Or this:
"through belief in and acceptance of the death and resurrection of Jesus, sinful humans can be reconciled to God, and thereby are offered salvation and the promise of eternal life."

But I do care if it is forced. The only "bad path" is physical and mental harm to another, for the sake of self-gratification through 'gaining converts'.

Let others come to you in peace and time. And they will. Tell others they are wrong and need to believe the way another does right now, or else damnation... will only create enemies. Again I come back to what I said about Hospitality to others being of supreme importance.
I agree with you faith should not be forced. But I'm referring to your logic. You want all paths to accept all paths, but you yourself for example condemn paths that force others. So it's a contradiction.

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
I agree with you faith should not be forced. But I'm referring to your logic. You want all paths to accept all paths, but you yourself for example condemn paths that force others. So it's a contradiction.

No contradiction.

Force isn't a path.

"and it harm none, do what you will".

Harming others is the only true ill/wrong path as you call it.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
No contradiction.

Force isn't a path.

"and it harm none, do what you will".

Harming others is the only true ill/wrong path as you call it.

Harms certainly to come from all wrong paths in my view. But with your viewpoint, you are defining it with what you deem wrong/ill, yet condemn other paths if they deem what you don't deem ill/wrong as wrong/ill. This puts at equal plane of condemnation.

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
Harms certainly to come from all wrong paths in my view. But with your viewpoint, you are defining it with what you deem wrong/ill, yet condemn other paths if they deem what you don't deem ill/wrong as wrong/ill. This puts at equal plane of condemnation.

Ok

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Somethings are paradoxical:

"All truths are relative!" , what about that one, why is it the only non-relative truth?

"I hate judgment on people", what about judging judgment. So if you were to map all judgments - and then condemn all of those - you would be mathematically doing as much judgment as them. For each judgment, you judge.

In taking unbalanced approaches, often, these paradoxes occur, just by the nature of the lopsidedness.

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
Somethings are paradoxical:

"All truths are relative!" , what about that one, why is it the only non-relative truth?

"I hate judgment on people", what about judging judgment. So if you were to map all judgments - and then condemn all of those - you would be mathematically doing as much judgment as them. For each judgment, you judge.

In taking unbalanced approaches, often, these paradoxes occur, just by the nature of the lopsidedness.

Ok

FredVB

There is wrong that is being done, and it is all with harm. But there is not agreement on what is wrong, that harm comes from. God still knows what is wrong. But people do not all know, you even would not know all that is wrong. If you are shown harm from some things that you would not see as wrong you would just say you do not see harm in those things. People are all like that. So it happens that we do need God to tell us things.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
So it happens that we do need God to tell us things.
And how does that happen? Most people have one of two answers, both of which are insufficient. The first is that they know someone who is a prophet who speaks for God. But how can they verify that? There are a gazillion wannabe prophets who all say different things. The other is similar, that some prophet wrote a sacred text. Again, the pertinent question would be how to know which religious text is the "right one" since they all contradict each other.

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
And how does that happen? Most people have one of two answers, both of which are insufficient. The first is that they know someone who is a prophet who speaks for God..... The other is similar, that some prophet wrote a sacred text.....

Seems there is a third option here.

Why not go to the Source yourself instead of relying on intermediaries such as prophets or books?