• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why is Erotic Dance Wrong or Immoral?

Masourga

I don't know that it is wrong or immoral. But guessing at the origins of the "taboo" stigma that often accompanies the act, I would say that seeing men and women dancing in sexually suggestive ways could excite and therefore entice others to go looking for sex. In the context of a socially-bound group of individuals this could be an undesirable consequence in that, if the people choose partners with which to couple irresponsibly (regardless the consequences - aka pregnancy), you could wind up with a lot of unstable relationships as children are born to un-prepared mothers, possibly without fathers present, etc.

So... to sum up... nothing wrong or morally problematic with the act itself... but the influence of the act (if done in a public setting), could, possibly, produce a less than desirable social result.

Panda

42?
Premium Member
Probably because some people think sex and anything to do with sex or even remotely in the same ball park as sex is wrong.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Probably because some people think sex and anything to do with sex or even remotely in the same ball park as sex is wrong.

In my town, if you want sleaze, then you should go to the clubs nearest the military bases. But even in those clubs, not all the girls are sleazy. I had a beautiful (beautiful inside and out) friend who worked the second sleaziest club in town. But she herself was a genuine artist. She went onto a career in the arts.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Actually, I just wanted to use the word penis in my 10,000th post.

Penis.

I suddenly realized that I have posted on this Forum more often in my life than the number of times I've had sex.

Excuse me. I'm going off line to cry now.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
I suddenly realized that I have posted on this Forum more often in my life than the number of times I've had sex.

Excuse me. I'm going off line to cry now.

That's weird - I just realized that I've posted almost as many times as the number of sexual partners I've had.