• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why is Erotic Dance Wrong or Immoral?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
That's awesome, Meow Mix!

[youtube]u6KnUW9N3Zo[/youtube]

What do you think of her?

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
That's awesome, Meow Mix!
What do you think of her?

:eek:

She has far more skill than I've ever had, and I was pretty good in my day. I worked my way to the midnight slot (which, if you didn't know, is the most $) by being creative, but this girl would have blown me out of the water.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
:eek:

She has far more skill than I've ever had, and I was pretty good in my day. I worked my way to the midnight slot (which, if you didn't know, is the most $) by being creative, but this girl would have blown me out of the water.

That's interesting. It's hard to imagine you getting blown out of water by anything.

Midnight Pete

Probably because some people think sex and anything to do with sex or even remotely in the same ball park as sex is wrong.

Sex is not wrong. God invented it. But people have managed to misuse and pervert just about everything God gave us.

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
Sex is not wrong. God invented it. But people have managed to misuse and pervert just about everything God gave us.

I'd agree with this assuming God exists, but I think a lot of things that are considered "perversions" are perfectly fine.

Sex before marriage? Be safe and smart, know your partner. Not a perversion.

Homosexuality? Be safe and smart, know your partner. Who cares who you're attracted to as long as they're consenting adults?

Midnight Pete

I'd agree with this assuming God exists, but I think a lot of things that are considered "perversions" are perfectly fine.

Sex before marriage? Be safe and smart, know your partner. Not a perversion.

Homosexuality? Be safe and smart, know your partner. Who cares who you're attracted to as long as they're consenting adults?

Sex is good but it can be misused. A good thing can become a very bad thing. Agree?

Midnight Pete

So what would you recommend?

Do you have any idea how much pain & suffering results from a purely secular approach to sexuality? The realities of unplanned pregnancy, abortion, bastardy, sexuallly transmittred disease, prostitution, rape, and a host of other social problems owe their existence to various misuses of sex. Don't get me wrong, I'm not advocating Sharia law. In my opinion, the extreme repression of sexuality (the burqa) is no better than the Anything Goes permissiveness of the West.

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Do you have any idea how much pain & suffering results from a purely secular approach to sexuality? The realities of unplanned pregnancy, abortion, bastardy, sexuallly transmittred disease, prostitution, rape, and a host of other social problems owe their existence to various misuses of sex. Don't get me wrong, I'm not advocating Sharia law. In my opinion, the extreme repression of sexuality (the burqa) is no better than the Anything Goes permissiveness of the West.
Tell all that to Sweden, which is among the most secular of countries but has lower instances of those things than the US or Canada.

Pain and suffering with regard to sexuality results from ignorance and lack of responsibility rather than a secular approach.

Midnight Pete

Tell all that to Sweden, which is among the most secular of countries but has lower instances of those things than the US or Canada.

Pain and suffering with regard to sexuality results from ignorance and lack of responsibility rather than a secular approach.

These things are inherent in the secular approach. Ignorance, lack of responsibility, and plan old openness to evil. The Devil knows this. The Devil knows exactly what our weaknesses are and how to exploit them. Race, creed, religion, n one of these things matter because human neature is always the same.

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
These things are inherent in the secular approach. Ignorance, lack of responsibility, and plan old openness to evil. The Devil knows this. The Devil knows exactly what our weaknesses are and how to exploit them. Race, creed, religion, n one of these things matter because human neature is always the same.
But that completely ignores the Sweden example.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
Why is erotic dance wrong or immoral? Please explain.

Christians are taught that looking lustfully at a woman or man is as bad as the act of adultery itself. It was one of Jesus' commands. (That's my best explanation). Exotic dancing has that one purpose. Of course, if you can look at an erotic dancer without looking at her lustfully, then you are not sinning, I guess. :D

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member

Pete, it is just a fact that the United States is both more religious and has higher rates of most sexual problems than most other Western nations. It is just a fact that nations like France, Denmark, Sweden, Germany, Finland, and Norway, among others, are both more secular than we are and have lower rates of most sexual problems that we do.

Pete, this is precisely why no one believes Evangelical Christians anymore. You guys are always making ridiculous statements that you do not and cannot support with fact, and which often fly in the face of all that is known to science. How do you expect anyone to believe you who is not an Evangelical?

If it is not an Evangelical stating that all sorts of sexual ills result from a secular approach to sexuality, then it's an Evangelical stating that monkeys would no longer be with us if the Theory of Evolution were true. And if it is not an Evangelical stating that the Theory of Evolution is false, then it's an Evangelical telling us that abstinence only sex education works better than comprehensive sex education. And when an Evangelical is not stating that, then they are telling us gay marriage will destroy our civilization. And when they are not saying that, they are saying that atheists have no morals. etc. etc. etc. ad nauseum.

Jeebers, Pete! I know humans are born liars, but even so, you Evangelicals have taken it to extremes. You are not just telling white lies about how good your butts look in the wrong dresses anymore. You are hurting people with your lies.

Last edited:

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe

I disagree completely; and as others have pointed out this flies in the face of the facts.

People are more than capable of having responsible sex free of diseases and unwanted pregnancy. It involves knowing your partner, getting tested/screened for STD's, and using contraceptives properly.

Far from being a "secular" thing, teen pregnancies are actually most prevalent in America in the south -- the most deeply religious, where people don't receive proper sex education (all they get is that abstinence only crapola).

The religious solution is apparently to just sweep the problem under the rug and then blame hormonal kids for when they engage in something completely natural to do -- perhaps excacerbated by making it so taboo.

The REAL solution is to discourage kids from engaging in sex but to ensure they know how to protect themselves if they're going to make that decision anyway. It has the added benefit of providing them knowledge on how to protect themselves and their partners when they're mature enough to actually be making those decision.

Marsh

Why is erotic dance wrong or immoral? Please explain.
I've read the posts and most take you to mean exotic dancing, ie. stripping. Is that what you intended?

I don't think it is immoral though I suspect there might be some hazards for the dancers, such as the loud music or a smokey environment (for those establishments that still permit smoking). Also, I don't really like the word 'immoral' as it implies a sin against God, does it not? Some would argue, in that sense, that card playing and dancing are immoral. I think I read a letter to the editor, in a newspaper of the 1880s, that stated ice skating was immoral, at least as an activity performed by couples. Personally, I think religious extremism is immoral.

Midnight Pete

Pete, it is just a fact that the United States is both more religious and has higher rates of most sexual problems than most other Western nations. It is just a fact that nations like France, Denmark, Sweden, Germany, Finland, and Norway, among others, are both more secular than we are and have lower rates of most sexual problems that we do.

Pete, this is precisely why no one believes Evangelical Christians anymore. You guys are always making ridiculous statements that you do not and cannot support with fact, and which often fly in the face of all that is known to science. How do you expect anyone to believe you who is not an Evangelical?

If it is not an Evangelical stating that all sorts of sexual ills result from a secular approach to sexuality, then it's an Evangelical stating that monkeys would no longer be with us if the Theory of Evolution were true. And if it is not an Evangelical stating that the Theory of Evolution is false, then it's an Evangelical telling us that abstinence only sex education works better than comprehensive sex education. And when an Evangelical is not stating that, then they are telling us gay marriage will destroy our civilization. And when they are not saying that, they are saying that atheists have no morals. etc. etc. etc. ad nauseum.

Jeebers, Pete! I know humans are born liars, but even so, you Evangelicals have taken it to extremes. You are not just telling white lies about how good your butts look in the wrong dresses anymore. You are hurting people with your lies.

I am not an Evangelical. :tsk: