• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why is this board so obsessed with restrooms?

anna.

colors your eyes with what's not there
Here's a study from Harvard about transgenders/nonbianary people with restricted bathroom access being sexually assaulted

"Researchers looked at data from a survey of nearly 3,700 U.S. teens aged 13-17. The study found that 36% of transgender or gender-nonbinary students with restricted bathroom or locker room access reported being sexually assaulted in the last 12 months, according to a May 6, 2019 CNN article. Of all students surveyed, 1 out of every 4, or 25.9%, reported being a victim of sexual assault in the past year."

Now where I am confused.. Is this saying a boy who identifies as a girl but has to use the boys bathroom is sexually assaulted by other boys? A girl who identifies as a boy but has to use the girls bathroom is sexually assaulted by other girls?

Or am I missing something?

I was looking for stats, arrests, convictions, frequency, any numbers at all showing an occurrence (or a rise) in trans women assaulting women in a women's restroom before or after gender accommodation implemented in any part or whole of the country. Not of trans women themselves being assaulted, we know that's happened.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
For what it's worth, regarding the whole potential restroom fascination, I can't fully explain this phenomena, I think it's just people being silly and letting loose.... but about once a week, it seems that people kind of unwind and start making parody threads.

But before that happened, I did indeed see a few threads on restrooms. And in regards to that, I'd say that for controversial issues, it seems pretty common here for multiple people to start threads on them. You often see 2-3 threads on any given issue, but similar subjects... when it comes to elections or voting.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
For what it's worth, regarding the whole potential restroom fascination, I can't fully explain this phenomena, I think it's just people being silly and letting loose.... but about once a week, it seems that people kind of unwind and start making parody threads.

But before that happened, I did indeed see a few threads on restrooms. And in regards to that, I'd say that for controversial issues, it seems pretty common here for multiple people to start threads on them. You often see 2-3 threads on any given issue, but similar subjects... when it comes to elections or voting.
Like political threads, it's really just a tit for tat phenomenon.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I NEVER said the majority of feminist women are misogynists. Where did you get that idea?
You did say every one who supports trans rights (including transwomen getting to use women's facilities) are misogynist. Turns out that's a lot of feminists, the vast majority of them, even.
In a new survey of more than 5,000 Americans, the Public Religion Research Institute (PRRI) found that the vast majority of feminists support transgender rights.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
Who are these transactivists? People you know? Members of RF? People on social media?
Different people, some supporters here on RF, that push the ideas I listed in post #131. For example, anyone who argues that JK Rowling ought to be canceled.

icehorse

Premium Member
Whether you know it or not, if you're siding with the trans-activists, you're taking a massively misogynistic stance

Okay, first you'd have to prove that most feminists support trans activism. Not support trans people, but trans activism.
For clarity, if it is taking a "misogynistic stance" to agree with the "trans activist agenda" is it not a "transphobic stance" to oppose it?
Hmmm. Those do not seem like parallel claims to me. The first is in relationship to an agenda, the second is in relationship to a class of people.

BEING TRANS is NOT EQUAL to supporting the trans-activist agenda. Some do, some do not.

icehorse

Premium Member
You did say every single female feminists who supports trans rights (including transwomen getting to use women's facilities) are misogynist. Turns out that's a lot of feminists, the vast majority of them, even.
You SERIOUSLY misquoted me here!!!!

I'll assume you're debating in good faith, so I'll clarify:

I'm criticizing the trans-activist's agenda.
I'm NOT opposing trans rights.

The trans-activist agenda is NOT EQUAL to trans rights.

I AM claiming that - whether you mean to or not - if you support the trans-activist AGENDA, you're supporting misogyny.

icehorse

Premium Member
I was looking for stats, arrests, convictions, frequency, any numbers at all showing an occurrence (or a rise) in trans women assaulting women in a women's restroom before or after gender accommodation implemented in any part or whole of the country.

fwiw, that's never been what I'm concerned about. (sorry for butting in)

Shadow Wolf

Okay, first you'd have to prove that most feminists support trans activism. Not support trans people, but trans activism.

Hmmm. Those do not seem like parallel claims to me. The first is in relationship to an agenda, the second is in relationship to a class of people.

BEING TRANS is NOT EQUAL to supporting the trans-activist agenda. Some do, some do not.
"I don't have a problem with gays. But just because you're gay it's no excuse or reason to not act like a man."
"Gays can't be in the same shower/military/whatever because it will be too damgerous/disruptive/whatever."
"A woman can't be president because she'll have her finger over 'the button' when she's having her period."
"I don't want her handling my food. She'll poison it." (Hoosier Redneck Hick at McDonald's saying that about a Muslim girl who worked there)
Amd you want to call me--and MOST FEMINISTS--misogynist even though your claims sound like a bunch of prejudiced ****weeds I've known.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shadow Wolf

You SERIOUSLY misquoted me here!!!!

I'll assume you're debating in good faith, so I'll clarify:

I'm criticizing the trans-activist's agenda.
I'm NOT opposing trans rights.

The trans-activist agenda is NOT EQUAL to trans rights.

I AM claiming that - whether you mean to or not - if you support the trans-activist AGENDA, you're supporting misogyny.
You DO oppose trans rights! You are so opposes to it you say it's dangerous to let someone like me use the women's restroom. You are so opposed to it you call everyone who supports this vague, undefined "tramsactivist" misogynist. You are the one who demanded to know where I disagree with these "activists" like it's any of your damn business, and yet still claim you don't oppose trans rights and aren't transphobe even though you go on about this "trans agenda" like homophobes ramble on about this non-existent "gay agenda."

icehorse

Premium Member
You DO oppose trans rights! You are so opposes to it you say it's dangerous to let someone like me use the women's restroom. You are so opposed to it you call everyone who supports this vague, undefined "tramsactivist" misogynist. You are the one who demanded to know where I disagree with these "activists" like it's any of your damn business, and yet still claim you don't oppose trans rights and aren't transphobe even though you go on about this "trans agenda" like homophobes ramble on about this non-existent "gay agenda."
Well I don't know what you look like. If you sport a full beard, then you're correct, I don't think you should use women's rest rooms.

And if you sport a full beard AND use women's rest rooms at the least I'd say you're being rude and selfish.

"I don't have a problem with gays. But just because you're gay it's no excuse or reason to not act like a man."
"Gays can't be in the same shower/military/whatever because it will be too damgerous/disruptive/whatever."
"A woman can't be president because she'll have her finger over 'the button' when she's having her period."
"I don't want her handling my food. She'll poison it." (Hoosier Redneck Hick at McDonald's saying that about a Muslim girl who worked there)
Amd you want to call me--and MOST FEMINISTS--misogynist even though your claims sound like a bunch of prejudiced dickweeds I've known.

How on earth is that in any conceivable way germane to this conversation???

Shadow Wolf

How on earth is that in any conceivable way germane to this conversation???
It's similar bigotry I've heard. Act this way or you're bad. This can't happen because women and society need protected.
Well I don't know what you look like. If you sport a full beard, then you're correct, I don't think you should use women's rest rooms.

And if you sport a full beard AND use women's rest rooms at the least I'd say you're being rude and selfish.
To reply directly or cryptically? Decisions, decisions...

icehorse

Premium Member
This can't happen because women and society need protected.

Wait, what? Why do you think there are thousands of women's shelters in the world? And what percentage of domestic violence happens to women?

The sad reality is that women DO need protection.

icehorse

Premium Member
Honestly, we really don't know. A lot of that is never reported to any authority. I'm a DV victim and it's not like I went to the cops over it.
I've heard estimates that it's about 75% women victims. I'm okay with plus or minus.

I think it's VERY SAFE to say that the majority of DV victims are women. You agree with that?

We Never Know

No Slack
I've heard estimates that it's about 75% women victims. I'm okay with plus or minus.

I think it's VERY SAFE to say that the majority of DV victims are women. You agree with that?
Its higher than 75%

"85% of domestic violence victims are women"

Shadow Wolf

Wait, what? Why do you think there are thousands of women's shelters in the world? And what percentage of domestic violence happens to women?

The sad reality is that women DO need protection.
The sad (amd pathetic) thing is you have to chop my posts down to a little snippet to try to twist me words around to make it seem like you could reasonable reach your statement as a conclusion.
It's similar bigotry I've heard. Act this way or you're bad. This can't happen because women and society need protected.
Yeah, definitely hurts your case and makes you look terrible dishonest to have those first two sentences reinserted. How you replied doesn't even relate to that.