• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why is this board so obsessed with restrooms?

We Never Know

No Slack
There are no statistics to support it that I've found. The only two articles/studies I could find date to 2015 and 2018 but both could not substantiate the claim. As of 2015, there were zero attacks by trans people in bathrooms. The 2018 study was confined to MA but found no correlation in an increase in criminal incidents after gender inclusive bathroom policies were instated. Paywall at the second link but looks like the paper can be found here.
I'd like to find something more recent but haven't yet.
Here's a study from Harvard about transgenders/nonbianary people with restricted bathroom access being sexually assaulted

"Researchers looked at data from a survey of nearly 3,700 U.S. teens aged 13-17. The study found that 36% of transgender or gender-nonbinary students with restricted bathroom or locker room access reported being sexually assaulted in the last 12 months, according to a May 6, 2019 CNN article. Of all students surveyed, 1 out of every 4, or 25.9%, reported being a victim of sexual assault in the past year."

Now where I am confused.. Is this saying a boy who identifies as a girl but has to use the boys bathroom is sexually assaulted by other boys? A girl who identifies as a boy but has to use the girls bathroom is sexually assaulted by other girls?

Or am I missing something?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Ha! Well we're all volunteers here, I thought you were willingly in a debate! silly me!
You aren't asking me to debate, your wanting me to tell you where I disagree with "trans activist," and upfront rambled about me apologizing for these activists.
Good duckspeak.

Shadow Wolf

Now where I am confused.. Is this saying a boy who identifies as a girl but has to use the boys bathroom is sexually assaulted by other boys? A girl who identifies as a boy but has to use the girls bathroom is sexually assaulted by other girls?
It is saying that, although it didn't say who is doing the assaulting. It could be some of it is transguys getting attacked by cisguys who see a guy going in the girls room. I've also seen examples where it was a transwoman being attacked by ciswomen.

We Never Know

No Slack
It is saying that, although it didn't say who is doing the assaulting. It could be some of it is transguys getting attacked by cisguys who see a guy going in the girls room. I've also seen examples where it was a transwoman being attacked by ciswomen.
"It could be some of it is transguys getting attacked by cisguys who see a guy going in the girls room"

How is that sexual assault?

We Never Know

No Slack
Not to mention sexual assault is against the law.
It would have been nice to include in the study if any charges where filed and how many convicted.

This won't be popular but.... some may be crying wolf hoping it will help them get to use the bathroom they identify as.

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Not to mention sexual assault is against the law.
It would have been nice to include in the study if any charges where filed and how many convicted.

This want be popular but.... some may be crying wolf hoping it will help them get to use the bathroom they identify as.
That probably wasn't included but we can assume based on existing crime statoatics then reporting the crime is infrequent with a conviction being rare.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
@anna. @Rachel Rugelach -

- Some trans women make no effort to look like women. In other words, they look like men.
- Trans-activists want us to agree with the idea that "trans women are women".

If we agree with that idea, then it will become NORMAL, for men to enter women-only spaces. Because how can we tell if a person who looks like a man is a man or a trans women.

Bottom line, people who look like men should not be allowed into women's only safe spaces. It's not a perfect solution, but the alternative is far worse.

We Never Know

No Slack

- Some trans women make no effort to look like women. In other words, they look like men.

If we agree with that idea, then it will become NORMAL, for men to enter women-only spaces. Because how can we tell if a person who looks like a man is a man or a trans women.

Bottom line, people who look like men should not be allowed into women's only safe spaces. It's not a perfect solution, but the alternative is far worse.
Yep. It could get to a point where some males say "I indentify as a female" just to access the bathroom

Rachel Rugelach

Shalom, y'all.
Staff member

A lot of cis women don't go out of their way to look particularly feminine, either, and the woman in the video I posted mistook a cis woman for a boy and thereby felt entitled to attack her in a woman's restroom.

Regardless, I do understand your concerns, even though I think that you (and others in our society) may be over-reacting and perhaps focusing too much on perceived "safety issues" -- reactions which are fueled more by prejudice than by genuine concern for women.

I'm not saying that this is absolutely the case with you, nor do I wish to make any accusations against you, because I believe that you are basically a decent individual.

However, I might give more weight to your concerns if I were to see you taking up for and defending transgendered people in other discussions on this forum outside of The Big Bathroom Battle.

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Wow, I actually made it through watching Ana Kasparian for 2:14 ... that has got to be a record.

Ana ignored, the lady in the bathroom should be arrested. You can't or shouldn't be able to do that to people.
I am pretty sure @icehorse would not be supportive of this nut-cases behaviour either.
It's sadly been getting worse over the past few years. Lots of cis women even suffer the bigotry of transphobes because it turns out women really do come in a variety of shapes and sizes and appearances and attitudes and it isn't actually always easy to tell trans from cis.

Shadow Wolf

You've never done coed bathrooms, have you?

icehorse

Premium Member
However, I might give more weight to your concerns if I were to see you taking up for and defending transgendered people in other discussions on this forum outside of The Big Bathroom Battle.

I think the first step in supporting trans folk is to distinguish the people from the trans activist agenda.

I don't think trans people voted for the agenda the trans activists are pursuing, and I think the trans activist agenda is often counter productive, and causes more ill will than it helps. I think criticizing the problematic areas of the agenda is valid way to support trans folk, no?

Rachel Rugelach

Shalom, y'all.
Staff member
I think the first step in supporting trans folk is to distinguish the people from the trans activist agenda.

I don't think trans people voted for the agenda the trans activists are pursuing, and I think the trans activist agenda is often counter productive, and causes more ill will than it helps. I think criticizing the problematic areas of the agenda is valid way to support trans folk, no?

I don't think that suspicion towards everyone you meet of having a subversive "agenda" is the right way towards forging a path of understanding with those who differ from you.

There is one transgender person whom I met online and who messages me frequently with a lot of funny stories about their life, and there are two more transgender people whom I know of in my life off of this forum. None of them have ever done me harm and it is because of them that I will speak up on behalf of transgender people.

If these friends and acquaintances of mine have an "agenda" then I believe that agenda is to work for acceptance and the right to participate fully in our society without threat from others. That is a pretty good agenda, in my estimation. It's an agenda that has been shared by people of my own tribe for a very long time.

I don't believe that LGBT people have an agenda to destroy our society. But, from what I am seeing in regard to a lot of other people's prejudices, I think that there is an agenda among some conservative folk in this country to push LGBT people into spaces where they will not be seen or heard by the majority in power. I think that there are some people who would be happier and feel more comfortable -- and "safer" -- if those who differ from them would simply disappear. This saddens me beyond words.

Shadow Wolf

I have, but how does that relate to our discussion.

If you're implying that women don't deserve safe spaces, I think that's an extremely misogynistic claim.
No, that's just bull**** on your part for suggesting that.

icehorse

Premium Member
I don't think that suspicion towards everyone you meet of having a subversive "agenda" is the right way towards forging a path of understanding with those who differ from you.

There is one transgender person whom I met online and who messages me frequently with a lot of funny stories about their life, and there are two more transgender people whom I know of in my life off of this forum. None of them have ever done me harm and it is because of them that I will speak up on behalf of transgender people.

Arghhhh! I am not suspicious of trans people. But I am suspicious of the activist agenda that has become attached to the trans community.

Can you see the distinction there?

Shadow Wolf

Amd now you tell us what we think and how we vote? Do you really believe such nonsense? You sound like the racist Hoosiers who warned me not to go to the black part of town where I lived because there's black people and they might mug me or worse. But the only danger there is the artery clogging food that is every bit as total yum as it is bad for you.