• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why is this board so obsessed with restrooms?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Arghhhh! I am not suspicious of trans people. But I am suspicious of the activist agenda that has become attached to the trans community.

Can you see the distinction there?
You are suspicious of us! This entire thread and more has made this clear. "I don't have a problem with black people, just those who talk like it and act like it." (those aforementioned racist Hoosiers) . That's how you sound.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
You are suspicious of us! This entire thread and more has made this clear. "I don't have a problem with black people, just those who talk like it and act like it." (those aforementioned racist Hoosiers) . That's how you sound.
If you support the agenda, I'm suspicious. If you're just living your life, I'm not.

AFAIC, a person is not their agenda.

We Never Know

No Slack
Amd now you tell us what we think and how we vote? Do you really believe such nonsense? You sound like the racist Hoosiers who warned me not to go to the black part of town where I lived because there's black people and they might mug me or worse. But the only danger there is the artery clogging food that is every bit as total yum as it is bad for you.

"And now you tell us what we think"

No they are telling you what they think.. They can have their own thoughts right?

I think the first step in supporting trans folk is to distinguish the people from the trans activist agenda.

I don't think trans people voted for the agenda the trans activists are pursuing, and I think the trans activist agenda is often counter productive, and causes more ill will than it helps. I think criticizing the problematic areas of the agenda is valid way to support trans folk, no?

Soandso

ᛋᛏᚨᚾᛞ ᛋᚢᚱᛖ
Arghhhh! I am not suspicious of trans people. But I am suspicious of the activist agenda that has become attached to the trans community.

What exactly is the agenda of trans activists, again? Are you sure you aren't just conflating Tumblr LGBT activists and other activists? How should people feel after people keep attacking their rights, like what's going on in Florida right now?

Yerda

Veteran Member
So congrats - I guess? - you're doing a good job of repeating the trans-activists party line.
The normal people party line, you mean.

Why is it ok for you to call everyone who disagrees with you a misogynist and not ok for people to call you a transphobe? Are you really sticking to the position that the majority of feminist women are misogynists?

Rachel Rugelach

Shalom, y'all.
Staff member

I think that your continual referencing of "the distinction" and agendas is due to your overall suspicions about trans people. I've yet to see you comment on that hateful woman in the video I posted who attacked a young woman in the women's restroom whom she mistook for a transgender boy. What do you suppose that hateful woman's agenda is, that she feels she's on a mission to be the Bathroom Police?

I really wanted to think better of you, because I do try to think the best of people -- all people whom I encounter. But the more I read of your postings here, the harder it is for me to think of you as a kind person who is naturally inclined to treat others with decency.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I don't really think that of you. But what I do think is that you haven't really faced some of the implications of things you're apologizing for.
I've done nothing of the sort. It looks either you just aren't thinking about this and thus good duckspeak -or- you have very poor reading comprehension skills. But they way you want me to upfront tell you where I disagree with these "activists" I'm going with duckspeak.
If you support the agenda, I'm suspicious. If you're just living your life, I'm not.

AFAIC, a person is not their agenda.
This is just as absurd amd ridiculous as the so-called "gay agenda."

Last edited:

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
...and with whose in them and whose doing what?

I never realized that people think about public toilets so much. It's so bizarre to me, and I don't understand it! Why do we need multiple threads (even besides the joke threads) and convos in threads about restrooms at any given time??? :oops:o_O

So what about restrooms is so fascinating to the denizens of RF? :shrug:

I don't think most of the board cares; I think most posters care much more about other topics, especially posters from outside the US who are not in the middle of the toxicity of American politics.

Another thing I find interesting is that, at least from what I've seen, the majority of the misinformation and demonization targeting trans people purportedly due to "concerns about women's rights" seem to come from men, not women. Some of the most staunch and vocal supporters of trans rights in the public sphere are cis women, such as Emma Watson, Megan Rapinoe, and Jamie Lee Curtis. In many discussions about trans issues, I haven't seen many anti-trans people take such women's voices into account.

icehorse

Premium Member
What exactly is the agenda of trans activists, again? Are you sure you aren't just conflating Tumblr LGBT activists and other activists? How should people feel after people keep attacking their rights, like what's going on in Florida right now?
I'm pretty sure I'm just talking about trans activists. (And as an aside, more and more it seems as though many LGBs want nothing to do with the trans activists. I know several LGBs who feel that way.)

Well the agenda is many faceted and a bit amorphous and malleable. But a partial list of problematic aspects would be:

- claiming that a trans woman is a woman.
- claiming that a person like JK Rowling is a "TERF" (which is meant to mean horrible)
- attempting to hijack fundamental and crucial-to-society terms like "woman"
- claiming that sex is malleable

icehorse

Premium Member
The normal people party line, you mean.

Why is it ok for you to call everyone who disagrees with you a misogynist and not ok for people to call you a transphobe? Are you really sticking to the position that the majority of feminist women are misogynists?

Let's be a bit more precise shall we: What I'm saying is that if you are an apologist for certain things, you are - wittingly or not - supporting a misogynistic practice.

I NEVER said the majority of feminist women are misogynists. Where did you get that idea?

icehorse

Premium Member
I think that your continual referencing of "the distinction" and agendas is due to your overall suspicions about trans people.

Is it fair to say you think I'm lying? If so, then we're done, and to be clear, your mind reading skills are weak at best.

Rachel Rugelach

Shalom, y'all.
Staff member
I don't think most of the board cares; I think most posters care much more about other topics, especially posters from outside the US who are not in the middle of the toxicity of American politics.

I agree. But the Bathroom Po-Po are here to diligently police other people's poo-poo.

Last edited:

Yerda

Veteran Member
Let's be a bit more precise shall we: What I'm saying is that if you are an apologist for certain things, you are - wittingly or not - supporting a misogynistic practice.

I NEVER said the majority of feminist women are misogynists. Where did you get that idea?
So, to be more precise the majority of feminist women are taking a misogynistic stance?

Would you be in agreement then that you're taking a transphobic stance?

icehorse

Premium Member
So, to be more precise the majority of feminist women are taking a misogynistic stance?

That's not even close to the argument I'm making, can you tell me how you got to that? Sorry for any confusion.

Would you be in agreement then that you're taking a transphobic stance?

Again, I'm opposed to some of the trans activist's agenda. That does NOT make a person a transphobe.

Yerda

Veteran Member
That's not even close to the argument I'm making, can you tell me how you got to that? Sorry for any confusion.
From this:

Whether you know it or not, if you're siding with the trans-activists, you're taking a massively misogynistic stance :(

Again, I'm opposed to some of the trans activist's agenda. That does NOT make a person a transphobe.
I agree. I'm not saying you are a transphobe. I'm asking the standards you are applying to people who disagree with you can be reasonably applied to you.

For clarity, if it is taking a "misogynistic stance" to agree with the "trans activist agenda" is it not a "transphobic stance" to oppose it?