• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Jesus did not Rule the first time, but will Rule the second time?

2ndpillar

Re the OP...

Jesus had/has two separate functions. 1) He appeared as a human and was sacrificed as the price paid for all sins committed. 2) After His resurrection, He was exalted and placed at God's right hand to rule over His kingdom.
Yeshua and John the Baptist appeared the first time as witnesses (Rev 11:3) who will witness for 3 1/2 year (1260 days), to either restore the hearts of the fathers to their children or smite the land with a curse (Malachi 4:6). Apparently, the latter circumstance won out. Subsequently, he was put at the right hand of God, until the LORD made the Lord's enemies into a footstool for his feet (Psalms 110:1). At that time (Mt 24:29-30) he will return to earth and establish the kingdom in Jerusalem (Zech 14:16)

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Jesus established God's kingdom on earth. I think he still rules it.
I see no evidence of an established kingdom on earth after Jesus Christ lived,
And I think the purpose is that love and righteousness prevail.
It is overwhelmingly obvious that love and righteous does not remotely prevail after Jesus Christ lived,

Rose colored glasses? Delusions of Idealism? Or just deliberately out of touch with the reality of our world today and history.

Last edited:

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Yeshua and John the Baptist appeared the first time as witnesses (Rev 11:3) who will witness for 3 1/2 year (1260 days), to either restore the hearts of the fathers to their children or smite the land with a curse (Malachi 4:6). Apparently, the latter circumstance won out. Subsequently, he was put at the right hand of God, until the LORD made the Lord's enemies into a footstool for his feet (Psalms 110:1). At that time (Mt 24:29-30) he will return to earth and establish the kingdom in Jerusalem (Zech 14:16)
This prophecy is after the Message of Jesus and the two witnesses are Muhammad and Ali. The Message Muhammad brought lasted 1260 years as per that prophecy.

The year AH1260 is the year AD1844. 1844 was the year that the Gate opened for the Glory of the Lord with the declaration of the Bab (Name in english means Gate) (Elijah always comes first) who came to prepare the way for the "One God would make Manifest", Baha'u'llah (Name in english means "The Glory of the Lord", or the "Glory of God".)

Ezekiel 43:1-9

Ezekiel 43:4 "The glory of the LORD entered the temple through the gate facing east"

Revelation Chapter 11 explained here.

Revelation Chapter 12 explained here.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The kingdom is formed from the people who keep Jesus as their king.
The flesh amounts to nothing. It is the knowledge that Jesus is the Christ ("Annointed One") that builds the Church of God.

God Annoints who God so chooses and they are the "Christ" in the age God has given them. There are many folds and many sheep, they all become One in Christ when and only when we embrace the One God and all the Messengers that were Annointed of God.

Regards Tony

Anne1

Love and peace could not prevail when human nature is sick with sin.

Nevertheless, Christianity became a force for love. When the Antonine plague struck Rome the famous Greek physician Galen fled the city. He was thunderstruck at the number of Christians who stayed to take care of the sick and dying, pagans and Christians alike. They died to save others, for love of God and humanity; Galen thought them idiots.

The minute Christianity became licit, Zoticus founded the first orphanage, scooping up the poor and abandoned and feeding and educating them.

After a famine struck Ceasarea Basil created the first real hospital in about 370, the Basiliad. Among the vast complex of buildings, and with 300 beds, physicians aided the sick and the dying.

Society had always cast out lepers; Christians built therm homes and tended them. The ancient Greeks put blind girls in brothels; Christians housed them and taught them.

This began the hospital movement in Christianity, which spread hospitals far and wide. The ancient Greeks put blind girls in brothels; Christians housed them and taught them.

Anne1

The push for human rights developed because of Christianity. Christianity alone stubbornly insisted that each individual was of inestimable value, and the idea revolutionized the world.

The idea of the equality of human beings was introduced in the very first Christian documents. "There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus" wrote St. Paul.

It would take time for the truth of that statement to be acted upon, for man is not basically good, according to Judaeo Christian belief, but it would eventually change society.

Not a single Greek philosopher or Roman Stoic proposed that human beings were equal. In the ancient world, up to one third of the population were slaves. Slaves were regarded as less than human.

Augustine labeled slavery "sin". By 1520 Father Fransisco de Vitoria wrote that "all men are equally free; on the basis of natural liberty...their right...to life, to culture, to liberty." Even the greatest saint was equal to "a sinner or pagan in regards to natural rights." Vitoria has been called the father of international human rights.

Soon Protestant abolitionists like Samuel Sewall and Jonathan Edwards sparked movements to end slavery forever. They changed the world forever.

2ndpillar

This prophecy is after the Message of Jesus and the two witnesses are Muhammad and Ali. The Message Muhammad brought lasted 1260 years as per that prophecy.
Were Muhammad and Ali killed in Jerusalem after preaching 42 months? I thought Ali was killed by a poisoned sword, and this supposed Muhammad poisoned by a disgruntled woman. According to Rev 11:11, both messengers were to return together, not as a single "Baha". You can hope, but you cannot hide.

Anne1

In the Middle Ages, whole religious orders were formed to pray for, and collect money to buy back slaves from Islamic countries. This is stunningly different from the history of every other religion.

Slavery began again, in 1435 in the Canary Islands. The pope immediately issued the bull “Sicut Dudum” which proclaimed that anyone who owned, sold, or transported slaves was excommunicated, likely facing hell. The bull “Sublimis Deus” in 1537 reiterated the excommunication. Thousands listened; other thousands upon thousands did not. Human nature is flawed, sick with sin and slavery once again flourished in Christian nations.

But soon Protestant abolitionists like Samuel Sewall and Jonathan Edwards sparked movements to end slavery forever. Quaker and Evangelicals organized antislavery movements that ignited the world. Hundreds of thousands and then millions rallied to the cause.

Alas, slavery exists today. According to the Global Slavery Index India has 11 million slaves. Afghanistan, Turkey - dozens of countries where people are still in bondage

The Christian fight against slavery is unlike that of any other religion. It was clearly God's love winning out.

Anne1

NOT the Kingdom described in prophecy
It is the kingdom that God prophesied. Yes, people can be utterly evil - the world around us should break your heart. But the kingdom is here. Real. It is love. it is what God promised and will be fulfilled at the end of the world.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Two simple questions;

1. Why Jesus did not Rule the first time, but will Rule the second time?
There will be no 'second time' for Jesus on this earth so there will be no Jesus ruling on earth.
The Kingdom of Jesus is in heaven, not on earth.

John 18:36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

Luke 1:32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

“The Throne upon which He sat is the Eternal Throne from which Christ reigns for ever, a heavenly throne, not an earthly one, for the things of earth pass away but heavenly things pass not away. He re-interpreted and completed the Law of Moses and fulfilled the Law of the Prophets. His word conquered the East and the West. His Kingdom is everlasting.”
Abdu'l-Baha, Paris Talks

Jesus never promised to return to earth, not once in the New Testament. Jesus said His work was finished here and He was no more in the world. That means that the return of Christ has to be another Person.

John 14:19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.

John 16:10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more.

John 17:4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

John 17:11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.

Jesus never claimed to be a king, and Jesus never said He was coming back to judge the earth and establish an earthly Kingdom.
There are no such verses in the Bible, that is just a Christian doctrine.

John 18:37 Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.

This verse in John 18 completely negates that Jesus is the King of this world or that Jesus will ever come to this world to rule it, and it fits perfectly together with John 17:4 and John 17:11. Jesus came into this world to bear witness unto the truth about God. He did that so there is no more reason for Jesus to come back to this world again. That is why Jesus said “I am no more in the world.”

no more
  1. nothing further.
    "there was no more to be said about it"
  2. no further.
    "you must have some soup, but no more wine"
  3. exist no longer.
    "the patch of ground was overgrown and the hut was no more"
  4. never again.
    "mention his name no more to me"
  5. neither.
    "I had no complaints and no more did Tom"
Definitions from Oxford Languages
2. What is the purpose of Jesus's Ruling?
There is no purpose for an earthly ruler, which is one reason why Jesus will not be ruling on earth, aside from the fact that Jesus is never going to return to earth.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
It is the kingdom that God prophesied. Yes, people can be utterly evil - the world around us should break your heart. But the kingdom is here. Real. It is love. it is what God promised and will be fulfilled at the end of the world.
There is a problem here the world and human nature is basically the same before and after the advent of Jesus Christ. There is not an apparent Kingdom as claims in the Christian interpretation of prophecy. That is why the expectation of a second coming.

Actually a plain reading of the Torah prophecies describe the advent of one or more Messianic Kings that will restore the Kingdom of Israel and bring peace to the world.

2ndpillar

Love and peace could not prevail when human nature is sick with sin.

Nevertheless, Christianity became a force for love. When the Antonine plague struck Rome the famous Greek physician Galen fled the city. He was thunderstruck at the number of Christians who stayed to take care of the sick and dying, pagans and Christians alike. They died to save others, for love of God and humanity; Galen thought them idiots.

The minute Christianity became licit, Zoticus founded the first orphanage, scooping up the poor and abandoned and feeding and educating them.

After a famine struck Ceasarea Basil created the first real hospital in about 370, the Basiliad. Among the vast complex of buildings, and with 300 beds, physicians aided the sick and the dying.

Society had always cast out lepers; Christians built therm homes and tended them. The ancient Greeks put blind girls in brothels; Christians housed them and taught them.

This began the hospital movement in Christianity, which spread hospitals far and wide. The ancient Greeks put blind girls in brothels; Christians housed them and taught them.
I think that some of the Greeks had working hospitals going around 350 B.C. Asclepieion - Wikipedia As for Christians, they often tortured people to their deaths, or burned them alive or dead (Inquisition). The hospitallers also carried a sword along with their crosses. As for Christian orphanages, they were often run by religious orders, and the children were abused and buried under the stars.

Despite these methods being regarded as ‘faith healing,’ they were highly effective, as is evident by the numerous written accounts by patients attesting to their healing and providing detailed accounts of their cure. In the Asclepieion of Epidaurus, three large marble boards dated to 350 BC preserve the names, case histories, complaints, and cures of about 70 patients who came to the temple with a problem and shed it there. Some of the surgical cures listed, such as the opening of an abdominal abscess or the removal of traumatic foreign material, are realistic enough to have taken place, with the patient in a dream-like state of induced sleep known as "enkoimesis" (Greek: ἐγκοίμησις), not unlike anesthesia, induced with the help of soporific substances such as opium.[5]

Asclepieia also became home to future physicians as well. Hippocrates is said to have received his medical training at an asclepieion on the isle of Kos. Prior to becoming the personal physician to the Roman Emperor Marcus Aurelius, Galen treated and studied at the famed asclepieion at Pergamon.

Yeshua told his disciples to preach the kingdom of heaven is at hand (Mt 10:7), as they healed the sick, and raised the dead. The "kingdom" at hand, was the power and spirit of God among men. That "kingdom" is now right at the door (Mt 24:33), but not established as the everlasting kingdom of Daniel 2:44, as the kingdoms of the nations still rule, now as the 8th head of the beast per Revelation 17:11-18. The "great city" which still reigns over the kings of the earth (Rev 17:18) is Babylon the Great and her harlot daughters, best exampled by the Roman church and her daughters, the Christian churches. As Revelation 18:4 says, come out of her or "receive of her plagues" in spite of your "Christian" hospitals, or church of Obama Care.

2ndpillar

Actually a plain reading of the Torah prophecies describe the advent of one or more Messianic Kings that will restore the Kingdom of Israel and bring peace to the world.
The prophets only name one final king/prince, and that is David (Ezekiel 34:23 & Ez 37:24 & Hosea 3:5), who will rule as "king" from Jerusalem (Zechariah 14:16). The judging will be by the LORD/YHWH Ezekiel 34, and then the LORD will make David the only shepherd/prince.