• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Jews and Christians do not accept Islam?

InvestigateTruth

Veteran Member
Firstly, did you know that, when Muhammad was among people of Arabia, many of Arab Jews and Christians believed in Him? (Right or wrong?l

Secondly, why the Jews and Christians,.now do not believe in Muhammad?

InvestigateTruth

Veteran Member
The fact that many of Arab Jews and Christians believed in something is no reason for me to do so. I suspect that "when Muhammad was among people of Arabia, many of Arab Jews and Christians believed in" all manner of baseless things.

Ok, those Arab Jews and Christians believed in many baseless things, but Muhammad guided them to the right path.
For example Christians believed Jesus is God or Son of God. Muhammad while confirmed that Jesus was a Messenger of God, yet, He was not Son of God or God.
He corrected many misinterpretations and false beliefs.

Why couldn't the One who revealed to Muhammad be the same God who revealed to Moses or Jesus?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
The fact that many of Arab Jews and Christians believed in something is no reason for me to do so. I suspect that "when Muhammad was among people of Arabia, many of Arab Jews and Christians believed in" all manner of baseless things.
Likewise, the fact that Jews and Christians believe in something is no reason for me to do so.
What is the 'basis' for a religious belief?

King Phenomenon

Veteran Member
Firstly, did you know that, when Muhammad was among people of Arabia, many of Arab Jews and Christians believed in Him? (Right or wrong?l

Had he been the son of god I would’ve switched religions. I find the son of god in Christianity more intriguing.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Jews and Christians do not believe in Muhammad because they don't believe He was a Messenger of God.
Christians don't believe He was a Messenger of God because they believe that Jesus is the only way to God for all of time.
Jews don't believe He was a Messenger of God because they believe that Malachi was the last prophet.

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
There is a huge difference between "accepting" and "adhering" to Islam.

I'm sort of a semi or heretical "Christian" and I fully accept Islam. I do not fully adhere to Islamic tenants/beliefs, but I follow some of their perspectives. I'll perhaps concur with more in the future as I learn more about the faith principles, but I certainly "accept" their connection to the Almighty.

InvestigateTruth

Veteran Member
There is a huge difference between "accepting" and "adhering" to Islam.

I'm sort of a semi or heretical "Christian" and I fully accept Islam. I do not fully adhere to Islamic tenants/beliefs, but I follow some of their perspectives. I'll perhaps concur with more in the future as I learn more about the faith principles, but I certainly "accept" their connection to the Almighty.

That is because you are open minded.