• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Jews and Christians do not accept Islam?

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
I don't see hove this is relevant

You've forgotten the question which you asked regarding ehyeh-asher-ehyeh.

Again, the name of 'God' is ambiguous because אל is not the same as אלהים, the former is singular but the latter is plural.

Both אל and אלהים have specific meanings which are consistent with the context in each of their individual occurrences in particular and all of Jewish Monotheism in general.

You don't know the meaning? You think it's ambiguous. It's perfectly normal. I just showed you the specific meanings. It seems like it went over your head.

You don't know? You don't understand? And you can't admit it?

Ebionite

You've forgotten the question which you asked regarding ehyeh-asher-ehyeh.
No, I haven't.

Both אל and אלהים have specific meanings which are consistent with the context in each of their individual occurrences in particular and all of Jewish Monotheism in general.
So what?

You don't know the meaning? You think it's ambiguous.
As has been repeatedly shown to you, it is ambiguous because a singular word is not consistent with a plural word.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש

Is words have specific meanings which are consistent with the context of the text in which they occur the words are not ambiguous.

As has been repeatedly shown to you, it is ambiguous because a singular word is not consistent with a plural word.

Singular / plural is defined by the verb.

The final letters on a name or title do not define it.

Is the name 'Dennis'. plural? It ends in an 's'. In English if it ends in an 's' it's plural, right? So Dennis must be plural.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
You meant "if", not "is", right?

No sir. I gave you the specific meanings. Here's the way to test it. It's no different than any other book.
  1. Learn the specific meaning
  2. Understand it from various different perspectives and contexts
  3. Read the Torah, in order, in sequence
  4. When the word is read, use the specific meaning and the understanding of it in context
  5. Test it! Does the specific meaning fit? How well does it fit? Is it a perfect fit? Is it a stretch? Is it clunky? Cumbersome? Not fitting at all?
  6. Keep track. Take notes if you need to do so: chapter? verse? word? results of the test?
  7. Whatever the results are of each individual test, don't stop until the entire Torah has been completed testing the specific meaning for each occurrence for all 5 books.
And this is exactly what Jewish people do. We read these stories continuously, in order. That's very important. We do not skip around. We read it in order, in its proper sequence. When we get to the end, we have a big party ( Simchas Torah ) we take out all the torah scrolls, and we dance with them, and drink, and eat, and sing, and we stay up late. Then, we start all over again. And do the same thing. Read the Torah, each week focusing on one part, reading it, in sequence, in order, all the way through, all year long.

Naturally, we learn new things every time we study the Torah. So, at the end of the year, after we've finished the Torah, we start again and apply and test the new things we've learned in the previous annual cycle. It could be that what we learned was wrong. And we find that out when we're testing it in the following year. Further, not everyone is going to agree. So we argue. And we debate. But somethings we basically all agree on. There are right and wrong meanings of words. It can be objectively tested. Bitter is not sweet. Up is not down. Inner is not outer. The way to confirm that inner is not outer, is to read the Torah and when something is written as "inner" we ask ourself: "Self? Does this make sense?"

So, for Elohim, what you're looking for is "Strict Justice". You'll find it's 100% consistent. Elohim is God revealing itself in the form of producing "strict justice". Look at Gen 1? God here is creating via decree! Creation via divine fiat! The forces of nature do not argue or debate! The luminaries do not consider to themselves: "Should I light up the earth? What if I don't? I don't want to right now. Feeling lazy." Elohim commands. The forces of nature immediately and without question do exactly what Elohim commands. That is "strict justice".

Ail ( the one everyone mispronounces as El ) is "outreaching" or "flowing" or even "striking". When you look at the lamed, think of it like a lightning bolt or possibly a spring of water or even better a geiser.

YHVH that's easy in some ways, but in other ways it's the most difficult. YHVH is "eternity", but it's much more than that because, the implications of being eternal are vast. HUGE. People take it for granted and that is why it's so important for the Jewish prophets, particularly Abraham ( the 1st ) and Moses ( the 7th ) to publicize and remind the world of God revealing itself in the form of YHVH.

Finally, don't forget about the blends. God is not limited to only these specific forms one at a time. Gen 2, God is revealing itself in the form of YHVH+Elohim. It's still singular, check the verbs. The action, the work, the stuff God is doing is ALL the work of a single, solo, God alone. But. In this case God is revealing itself in a way which is simultaneously eternally-connected-and-strict-justice. That's a very interesting combo.

Anyways....

You meant "if", not "is", right?

No. There IS a specific meaning. It can be tested and confirmed. You can do it yourself. I doubt you will for the same reason you won't study Isaiah, even though if you want to perform the wonders and miracles attributed to Jesus, that's the place for you to start.

Last edited:

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
That's what I thought. You said "Is words have specific meanings ..."

Are you referring to the sentence below?

There IS a specific meaning.

"There is a specific meaning." I capitalized the word "is" because I was writing emphatically.

1722461205627.png

Muffled

Jesus in me
This is not true. I will make a thread about it, it's rather by grace of God that we can do the works to defeat Satan, cleanse ourselves of his idolizing unclean breath, and without God's grace only some of God's elite servants would've made it. Without God's help we will fail and by justice we deserve hell, and it's God's grace that believers will be preserved from returning to evil deeds. There are a lot of Du'as to check out in this regard from the 4th Successor to Mohammad (s).

God has decided to forgive and have mercy on believers who rely on him and disable the authority of Satan over them due to their reliance on God out of his grace, it's not that they earned the protection of light from God and Imams (a).

That and their is intercession of Mohammad (s) and his family (a) which is a tranquility for believers per Quran.
I believe Muslims lack the Paraclete because that comes by receiving Jesus as Lord and Savior. The grace thing might work. My wife received Jesus as Lord and Savior but never was in close communication with the Paraclete but simply put her faith in grace. I think it all boils down to this: Where your heart is you will be also.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I believe Muslims lack the Paraclete because that comes by receiving Jesus as Lord and Savior. The grace thing might work. My wife received Jesus as Lord and Savior but never was in close communication with the Paraclete but simply put her faith in grace. I think it all boils down to this: Where your heart is you will be also.
You guys make everything about one person, when the religion of God existed before that person.