• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Should Bestiality Be Against The Law?

Tiberius

Animals still cannot consent to sex with a human, that's our legal standard for sex and for many of us our moral standard.

How so? An animal is very capable of making it clear if it wants to engage in an act of sex and it is also very capable of making it clear if it doesn't want to.

Or are you saying that a person needs to physically say that sex is permitted? In which case, what about people who can't speak? And what about when I have sex with my girlfriend? She can make it clear she wants it without saying it. That's not rape, is it?

What if you have a naked woman on all fours (perhaps searching for something she dropped under the couch, and her dog comes up and mounts her. She can't push the dog off, and she can't stop it from copulating with her. Is she to be charged with raping the dog because the dog can't consent?

Why don't you get that if a person or animal starts doing something, then it is obviously willing to do that thing?

And animals cannot rape each other as neither are capable of consent.

Wait, what?

Now you are saying that it can't be rape because consent ISN'T given? What crazy logic is this? Can I use this as a defense in court? I can say, "I didn't rape her, your honour, because I didn't want to have sex either!

Ever thought about the disease factor?

Who knows what kind of STD's can be transmitted from animals.

Actually, given that many of the diseases that animals have are different varieties to the ones Humans have, the disease factor is quite reduced. Anyway, if a woman has sex with her pet dog which she has had since puppyhood, I don't think the animal's going to be exactly swarming with disease, do you?

Oh, and add the fact that there is no risk of pregnancy...

Why should most of society be put at risk by the actions of a handful of perverts?

lol, how do you figure this? Some woman in England shags her dog, and life in America is put at risk?

No, you could only make that argument if your girlfriend were a dog, pig, or horse. I imagine she is not - in which case your statement is irrelevant.

Why? Are you trying to show that bestiality is gross because bestiality is gross? That's circular logic, isn't it?

Just because you find something repulsive doesn't mean everyone does. You don't wanna do it, you don't have to. But why do you think your opinions should apply to everyone?

If you do not practise bestiality yourself then why are you so in favour of legalising it?

Ah, and now you are trying to put me down, ridicule me in front of others in an effort to defeat my point.

That's some nice debating technique you got there.

Anyway, since when can one support something only if they practice it themselves? I don't like eating shellfish, but if someone else wants to, they can. I'm not into bondage, but I want others to be able to do it if they aren't hurting it. Likewise, bestiality isn't my thing, but if someone wants to do it with an animal that also wants to have sex with them, then why should I say no? Who's it hurting?

Those in favour of legalisation ought to come up with some reasons as to why the law should be changed.

Because it doesn't hurt anyone, so long as it is consensual.

Humans are not designed to have sex with animals - those that do so are no more than animals themselves.

Then why do the parts fit?

So far what I've found is while there is no one outstanding reason to outlaw it apart from a fairly universal repulsion, there are several factors that add up:

Let's have a look...

Animal cruelty risks

If the animal is free to leave at any point if it feels uncomfortable or is in pain, how is that cruel?

Human injury risks

The same risk applies if a person has sex with another person.

Disease risks, including allergic reactions to animal semen

How common is that? Besides, as I said before, not all animal diseases can be caught by people, and there is zero risk of pregnancy too.

Psychological bases for zoophilia are often considered bizarre or unhealty - anthropomorphism of animals, inability of animals to consent, etc.

So is bondage, foot fetish and just about any other fetish that you want to name, and yet just about all fetishes (with the exception of those that involve others against their will, such as pedophilia) are viewed as acceptable.

Close.
In the USA, animals cannot give LEGAL consent.

This has absolutely NOTHING to do with LEGAL consent.
Which , if you actually read ALL of my post you quoted.....

:facepalm:

Animals can give consent.
What they cannot do, at least in the USA, is give LEGAL consent.

What's the difference? What exactly differentiates between legal consent and consent in general?

I would love to hear your proposed argument.

Well, now, Darkness said that animal sex "serves no manifest or latent functions at all; besides perhaps giving some guy or girl an orgasm, which is not so much an end in itself."

I can say exactly the same thing about when I have sex with my girlfriend while using a condom. It serves no procreative purpose besides giving us both an orgasm or two. So if we are to say that bestiality should be illegal for those reasons, why shouldn't sex with a condom also be illegal for the same exact reasons?

Last edited:

Songbird

She rules her life like a bird in flight
Why do people keep bringing up a scenario of a naked woman on all fours? :sarcastic

Songbird

The same risk applies if a person has sex with another person.
Not in the same category. Dogs have unexpectedly bitten or attacked people, other animals presented risk due to their size and strength.

How common is that? Besides, as I said before, not all animal diseases can be caught by people, and there is zero risk of pregnancy too.

Common enough to be listed when I looked up zoophilia and bestiality on wikipedia. As far as I know, no one's allergic to human semen.

Last edited:

nnmartin

TIBERIUS

Active Ingredient: 2.6% nonsensical ramblings

More like 90%!

Tiberius: How about sex with an inanimate object - would that be acceptable?

InformedIgnorance

Do you 'know' or believe?
Can someone's hand truly give consent?

Isn't masturbation vile and immoral? ((im sure we can dig up some bible quotes about it))

What if you dont wash your hands before the act, you might pick up some disease, should we as a society tolerate the risk?

I think they are onto something here...

Last edited:

Tiberius

Not in the same category. Dogs have unexpectedly bitten or attacked people, other animals presented risk due to their size and strength.

So? A person can suddenly become violent as well.

Besides, most cases where an otherwise normal dog has become violent are when the dog is being restrained against its will. If that happened during sex, that would count as rape, wouldn't it? Therefore, bad.

Common enough to be listed when I looked up zoophilia and bestiality on wikipedia. As far as I know, no one's allergic to human semen.

An Intimate Allergy: Reacting to Semen

Take note of the claim, "Many of the proteins associated with the semen allergy are believed to be common proteins found in all semen" which suggests that if a person is allergic to dog semen, they're also likely to be allergic to human semen.

TIBERIUS

Active Ingredient: 2.6% nonsensical ramblings

More like 90%!

Oh, once again with the ad hominum attacks! Don't you have any actual points to make?

Tiberius: How about sex with an inanimate object - would that be acceptable?

Sure, if you want. As long as you make sure the inanimate object gives consent!

Songbird

Can someone's hand truly give consent?

Isn't masturbation vile and immoral? ((im sure we can dig up some bible quotes about it))

What if you dont wash your hands before the act, you might pick up some disease, should we as a society tolerate the risk?

I think they are onto something here...

Those alone aren't what people reject about bestiality. Like I said earlier, there's a cumulative list of factors that lends a sense of revulsion for most.

InformedIgnorance

Do you 'know' or believe?
Yes, exactly, revulsion arising from what? Moral reservations about some societal norms? many people have the same opinion of homosexuality - that it is immoral an abomination and so forth. About the disease factor? many have the same opinion of allowing people with STIs to drink from the same fountains as other people or similar such reservations. Simply because someone (or even the majority) finds something offensive does not mean that it is just basis for law - if so, slavery would likely still be legal and picking your nose would be illegal.

The issue of consent is the most defensible objection to bestiality - and it is arguable that even that does not apply if the animal is the dominant in the pairing.

Last edited:

Songbird

So? A person can suddenly become violent as well.

Besides, most cases where an otherwise normal dog has become violent are when the dog is being restrained against its will. If that happened during sex, that would count as rape, wouldn't it? Therefore, bad.

Not just dogs. Animals who unexpectedly injure people, often with playful intent, don't understand the effects of their actions. I don't know statistics, but I'd guess people are far less prone to sudden, unexpected violence where there hasn't been a violent history.

An Intimate Allergy: Reacting to Semen

Take note of the claim, "Many of the proteins associated with the semen allergy are believed to be common proteins found in all semen" which suggests that if a person is allergic to dog semen, they're also likely to be allergic to human semen.

Interesting. I'd still guess far more people are allergic to animals than to other people - whether it's semen or dander. Like I've said twice, objections to bestiality were more of a cumulative list of factors than one or two.

Last edited:

nnmartin

Sure, if you want. As long as you make sure the inanimate object gives consent!

How can it give consent?

if you really think this then all sex toys must be banned.

condoms would also have to be banned as they are surely on the front line.

nnmartin

But how can anyone say something should be illegal just because they think it's icky?

Bestiality is more than just 'icky' - it's depravity pure and simple.

Depravity leads to more depravity and warped minds.

If it were legal someone would no doubt campaign to have it incorporated into sex education class at school.

do you think that would be a good idea?

nnmartin

Oh, once again with the ad hominum attacks! Don't you have any actual points to make?

I am sure when you decided to start off in your defence of bestiality you expected to take some flak - I imagine you can handle it.

As for points, I did mention AIDS some time back - no response from you on that one.

I know the general theory is it came from monkeys and a polio vaccine in The Congo some time around 1950 but there are also theories that it existed some time before that and came through bushmen and monkeys having amorous relations.

Have you though about that idea?

McBell

Admiral Obvious
I know the general theory is it came from monkeys and a polio vaccine in The Congo some time around 1950 but there are also theories that it existed some time before that and came through bushmen and monkeys having amorous relations.
Source please

nnmartin

Source? - I hope you're not starting that old bandwagon up again....:rolleyes:

I agree that it is not illegal everywhere - should be though.

However, many places ban it.

Last edited:

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Source? - I hope you're not starting that old bandwagon up again....:rolleyes:
My apologies.
I had forgotten that you never have any source for anything you say.

Just gonna chock it up to yet another of your sad sorry attempts at fear mongering.

Last edited by a moderator:

nnmartin

Here is a source for you both to get the party going then.

There is a table on this page listing a whole range of diseases that can be contracted from animals.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoophilia_and_health
Zoophilia_and_health2.docx

Last edited: