• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why should I let you in?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
What will you say?

Well ... you're a suprise.

To you i say, welcome to RF

Watch out for the debate forums, they can get a bit messy.

Media_230908_175459.gif

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
Hey everyone!

I just found this forum and found it very interesting, and figure I should throw in my first post. My question is the following: When you die, and you go to heaven, and God says, “why should I let you in?” What will you say? It may seem like a general question, but I am curious what the different responses will be.
I sorry, but I really don't want to be admitted. Do I have any other choices? If so please direct me to them. Thank you for your help.

Mr. Ed

Why do people believe in heaven and hell as their everlasting place? The punishment and reward system persuade humans to be morally correct for the reward of heavenly ever after and the wicked are sent hell to be tortured in the river of fire. It is a ploy to manage people from coloring outside of the lines.

I might believe when people die those with like minds may be grouped together. There is no guarantee heaven or hell exists.

We Never Know

No Slack
Hey everyone!

I just found this forum and found it very interesting, and figure I should throw in my first post. My question is the following: When you die, and you go to heaven, and God says, “why should I let you in?” What will you say? It may seem like a general question, but I am curious what the different responses will be.
If there is a heaven, when I die this is what God will say....

David1967

Premium Member
We
Hey everyone!

Welcome to the forum. As to your question. I really don't think God would ask me that particular question since He would already know .

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Hey everyone!

Maybe some people don't want in and have no desire for that particular view of heaven. Not the type of paradise in mind for a number of folks.

Being in church for all eternity dosent sound all that appealing in the first place.

Good thing I'll never meet such a god and am thankful it's all mythology.

That's said, welcome to the rabble!

My response would be that nature is responsible for my faults, so there is no point barring me for faults which you are capable of correcting but did not address.
So, if you have done anything good, it is because of nature? In that case, maybe God lets nature in and you can stay out? :D

Heyo

Veteran Member
Hey everyone!

Welcome to RF.
I don't expect to make it that far or be asked, let alone to be let in. Why? Because I post quotes and memes. This is the one that came immediately to my mind when I read the title:
2d30116de61281f015af62416819ffb7.jpg

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Hey everyone!

Not expecting this, as more an agnostic atheist, but if such happens then I might reply - didn't you create me, and with enough intelligence to even question your existence, and with so many false trails (all the various different and contradictory religious beliefs), such that did you also expect me to be a gambler - as per Pascal's Wager? A negative result might prompt - well, where is the nearest pub or Hell if such applies. o_O

Alien826

No religious beliefs
Accepting the premise that I would really find myself outside some kind of "place" that I somehow knew was better than any alternative ....

First I'd ask what was required to gain entry. Assuming I got that, I'd determine whether I met the criteria, in which case I'd argue that case, or that I didn't, in which case I'd ask what else was available. In both cases I acknowledge that I was essentially powerless and try to reconcile myself to whatever that entailed. I hope I wouldn't get all snivelly and beg for forgiveness, but who knows what fear might engender.

My final statement as I was led off to wherever would be "OK, I did the best I could with the limited information I had. If that's not good enough then you're totally unreasonable and you can stick your heaven where the sun don't shine".