• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why so many threads/posts about Muslims or Islam?

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic
Peace be on you.
I am not sure about meaning of this sentence? Can you reword plz?
"It shows us that you view us as little more than conversion attempts."

Certainly.

The 'It' in my sentence referred to this sentence of your previous post:

So true, peaceful and real and loving picture of Islam [which in reality it is] should be shown to them in words and in practice, only then it can be proved to their hearts and mind that Lord of Islam is of All, and Holy Prophet (pbuh) is for All.

In other words, you view us merely as targets (not in a violent sense) for you to convert because you believe all non-Muslims must become Muslims. You admit as much in your following post.

In any case, Ahmadiyya Muslims see you as human being to whom message of real Islam should reach with peace and love....According to Ahmadiyya Muslims, this era is struggle / jihad of reforms in morals and spirituality, no weapons.[/QUOTE]

Such attitudes do not foster religious tolerance or pluralism in society.

jeager106

Learning more about Jehovah.
Premium Member
Islam is a backward religion.
Islam, unlike Christianity, never matured into this age. Islam still advocate
DEATH to the non believer and we have seen this barbarism on our televisions.
Much to the horror of the non Muslim world.
How horrid, how barbaric, to burn a man alive and allow this to be televised.
Was that supposed to strike fear in the hearts of viewer?
It didn't.
That barbaric display only further convinced me that Islam is still living in the
violence of ages gone by.

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080106161833AAcnMSl

Out of 1.2 billion Muslims in the world, 10% or more are thought to support militancy -- that's over 100 million people who approve of terrorist activity against other Muslims in the West, and larger percentages hold anti-Semitic, anti-democratic (Shar'iah law), and anti-Israel points of view.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Maybe they do and if they are making threads to ask legitimate questions (not to simply abuse, berate, irritate or offend) then it's great.
Sometimes, one understands a gesture wrongly. I take this interest, seemingly disinterestedness, as a positive one. The world is thirsty and hungry for the peaceful Islam/Quran/Muhammad and knowing about G-d. They have questions, so the answers should be given patiently, sincerely and truthfully.
Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Islam is the new up-and-coming religion in the West. We've been able to somewhat declaw Christianity (atleast in the UK), now it is time to do the same with "the world's fastest growing religion".
In fact the reverse would happen as Islam has been re-formed under Messiah-Imam~Mahdi in the shape of Mirza Ghulam Ahmad as prophesied by Muhammad and founders of other religions.
Regards

Aquitaine

In fact the reverse would happen as Islam has been re-formed under Messiah-Imam~Mahdi in the shape of Mirza Ghulam Ahmad as prophesied by Muhammad and founders of other religions.
Regards
You're going to have to elaborate there because I understood none of that.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
It has happened many a time. G-d sends the message through a messenger/prophets, after his death, the message gets corrupted under debris of time. So, G-d send a new message or somebody who he brings the people to the earlier message , that in other word is the reformation . The message is not new in the later case but the re-formation has been done.
Does it help?
Regards

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Peace be on you.
I am not sure about meaning of this sentence? Can you reword plz?
"It shows us that you view us as little more than conversion attempts."
The way I see it, Islam as a religion is way too obsessed with belief and acceptance of God and even of the Qur'an specifically, to the point of taking for granted that it is entirely impossible for anyone to be better off without those.

That is not only irrevocably wrong, but also an abusive, corrupting belief. It invites believers to choose often between morally justifiable choices and those that are expected to please God, stating as a fact that the two are "actually" one and the same no matter what logic and circunstances would indicate.

That is never a good habit for one to have. It is conducive to fanaticism and callousness.

Peer pressure in Muslim communities encourages it nevertheless. That is a legitimate concern and, frankly, not something to be accepted at all.

In any case, Ahmadiyya Muslims see you as human being to whom message of real Islam should reach with peace and love....According to Ahmadiyya Muslims, this era is struggle / jihad of reforms in morals and spirituality, no weapons.
Fair enough. Although I must wonder how that will manifest in practical situations.

Aquitaine

It has happened many a time. G-d sends the message through a messenger/prophets, after his death, the message gets corrupted under debris of time. So, G-d send a new message or somebody who he brings the people to the earlier message , that in other word is the reformation . The message is not new in the later case but the re-formation has been done.
Does it help?
Regards
So Mohammad wasn't the final messenger, and the Koran isn't the last revelation?

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Please forgive me for pitching in, @paarsurrey , but I think this may be helpful despite my own suspicions that you would rather have me keep my silence on this matter.

Islam, as most any other group or religion of comparable size, is divided in many different movements. One of those, notable here in "the West", is that of Ahmadi Muslims.

From my experience Ahmadi Muslims do not seem to like to emphasize that they are a separate group from the globally more noticeable Shia and Sunni (or even Sufi) Muslims, and it is possible that they do not even perceive themselves as such. Muslims as a whole seem to be particularly troubled by the human conflict between the needs of belonging to a greater whole while also craving to be unique and individual.

In any case, the movement began in the 19th century and is, at least arguably, a heresy of Islam and also a reformation of it. Its founder claims to have fulfilled the prophecies of Islam, and as most Jews will tell you, people who claim to have fulfilled prophecies tend to be... difficult. From their own perspective, Ahmadiyya Muslims seem to believe themselves to be a necessary and legitimate renewal of Islam and not a splinter group as such. I suspect but do not know for a fact that they expect Shias and Sunnis to eventually convert to their beliefs.

Then again, there are hints that many or most Muslims do not expect even other Muslims to particularly like to discuss matters of belief. I almost get the sense that they expect God or the Qur'an to simply inspire those who disagree with them to eventually change their minds. And that in casual conversation it is not very easy for Muslims to suggest that each other's beliefs may be mistaken.

Aquitaine

Please forgive me for pitching in, @paarsurrey , but I think this may be helpful despite my own suspicions that you would rather have me keep my silence on this matter.

Islam, as most any other group or religion of comparable size, is divided in many different movements. One of those, notable here in "the West", is that of Ahmadi Muslims.

From my experience Ahmadi Muslims do not seem to like to emphasize that they are a separate group from the globally more noticeable Shia and Sunni (or even Sufi) Muslims, and it is possible that they do not even perceive themselves as such. Muslims as a whole seem to be particularly troubled by the human conflict between the needs of belonging to a greater whole while also craving to be unique and individual.

In any case, the movement began in the 19th century and is, at least arguably, a heresy of Islam and also a reformation of it. Its founder claims to have fulfilled the prophecies of Islam, and as most Jews will tell you, people who claim to have fulfilled prophecies tend to be... difficult. From their own perspective, Ahmadiyya Muslims seem to believe themselves to be a necessary and legitimate renewal of Islam and not a splinter group as such. I suspect but do not know for a fact that they expect Shias and Sunnis to eventually convert to their beliefs.

Then again, there are hints that many or most Muslims do not expect even other Muslims to particularly like to discuss matters of belief. I almost get the sense that they expect God or the Qur'an to simply inspire those who disagree with them to eventually change their minds. And that in casual conversation it is not very easy for Muslims to suggest that each other's beliefs may be mistaken.
Thanks for taking the time to respond. Boy do the Ahmadi have their work cut out for them if they want to reform Islam!

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
In other words, you view us merely as targets (not in a violent sense) for you to convert because you believe all non-Muslims must become Muslims. You admit as much in your following post.

In any case, Ahmadiyya Muslims see you as human being to whom message of real Islam should reach with peace and love...
.According to Ahmadiyya Muslims, this era is struggle / jihad of reforms in morals and spirituality, no weapons.

Such attitudes do not foster religious tolerance or pluralism in society.
Peace be on you.
Thanks.
Sorry if my words made such impression to you that

In any case, Ahmadiyya Muslims see you as human being to whom message of real Islam should reach with peace and love....According to Ahmadiyya Muslims, this era is struggle / jihad of reforms in morals and spirituality, no weapons.

1-While Ahmadiyya Muslims believe that the true message of Islam should reach to all human, they certainly do not believe that all non-Muslims must become Muslims simply because faith is something which is between God and human.....Whoever likes the call, may come.

2-My words 'should reach with peace and love' mean should reach not forcing everyone.

3-Anyway, maybe there is confusion in words, but you can check from independent sources, if you may, that Ahmadiyya Muslims want to convey message to everyone and they desire everyone have this goodness, but it is not a 'must' that everyone will become Muslim, as Quran supports it too:

[Quran 2:63]Surely, the Believers, and the Jews, and the Christians and the Sabians; whichever party from among these truly believes in Allah and the Last Day and does good deeds; shall have their reward with their Lord, and no fear shall come upon them, nor shall they grieve.

From it, it is clear that though God wants message of Quran should reach to everyone, however there are pious people to who message will not reach for one or another reason and if they practice their own real teachings they shall be blessed.

Last edited:

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
The way I see it, Islam as a religion is way too obsessed with belief and acceptance of God and even of the Qur'an specifically, to the point of taking for granted that it is entirely impossible for anyone to be better off without those.
Peace be on you.
One can try to practice moral teaching [e.g. speak good, be nice to others, say salam to all, help in good things, do not help in evils, have chastity, feed the needy, ..........) and for the time being do not believe in God (as temporary measure)

Fair enough. Although I must wonder how that will manifest in practical situations.
Where ever you live, please try to find Ahmadiyya centre / mosque and see and know how they convey message, and if one does not listen to them what does they do? ...... Open invitation!

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
......... Don't get me wrong, I'm not holed up in a bunker waiting to be invaded, but nor do I think my concerns are unreasonable. A large enough group of well-meaning people can cause some serious damage if left unchecked and unchallenged.
Peace be on you.....Ahmadiyya Muslims will not invade you and anyone for sure.
http://amandala.com.bz/news/ahmadiyya-muslims-plan-extend-humanity-belize/
http://www.india.com/toronto/harper-attends-humanity-first-fundraiser-to-fight-ebola-224143/

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Peace be on you.
One can try to practice moral teaching [e.g. speak good, be nice to others, say salam to all, help in good things, do not help in evils, have chastity, feed the needy, ..........) and for the time being do not believe in God (as temporary measure)

I know you speak in good faith, and for that reason I feel the need to be clear on this matter: there is no such thing as a temporary measure. Some people are very much atheists and that is what they should be.

Where ever you live, please try to find Ahmadiyya centre / mosque and see and know how they convey message, and if one does not listen to them what does they do? ...... Open invitation!
They are peaceful enough. Not sure that indicates much, though. Who knows what would happen if they had higher numbers?

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Not at all, if it is a legitimate interest. For example, I have countless non Muslim friends in what I'd call "real life" and they ask me questions about Islam all the time, which is great and I try and answer them to the best of my ability. Having said that, the majority of posts I've seen on here have been either to berate, abuse, harangue or irritate Muslims, not to engage in a dialogue and the ignorance of some of the posters, including their inability to see beyond their own arguments has truly baffled me.

Why initiate a dialogue when one is not willing to actually discuss points and maybe learn something?

In particular, within the political sections here, it's almost always "Islam this and Muslim that", which again is a bit problematic, considering that there are bigger issues ongoing on this planet...then again, most people only know what the news at 10 tells them so I guess they think Islam is the be all and end all of everything right now. Much like Russia/Communism some 3 decades ago.

So, my question still stands, why so many? Or have I just answered it myself? lol

I believe because Islam is what left, Most Christians nowadays have doubts about the bible
which wasn't the case before tens of years ago, the same goes for other religions such as
believing in Monkey God..etc and other things which make no sense but they still adhere to
their religions even though not convinced about it.

In my view it's all about atheism having several forms either to believe in Monkey God or many
several Gods or we are Gods or there's no God.

So in short it's to submit and believe in one God or to have several forms of God(s) or non at all,
so most of the questions is about believing(Islam) and disbelieving(Atheism in all its forms.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
I believe because Islam is what left, Most Christians nowadays have doubts about the bible
which wasn't the case before tens of years ago, the same goes for other religions such as
believing in Monkey God..etc and other things which make no sense but they still adhere to
their religions even though not convinced about it.

In my view it's all about atheism having several forms either to believe in Monkey God or many
several Gods or we are Gods or there's no God.

So in short it's to submit and believe in one God or to have several forms of God(s) or non at all,
so most of the questions is about believing(Islam) and disbelieving(Atheism in all its forms.

Why do you expect religion to center on some form of stance about deities in the first place?

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
I wasn't sure where to post this so I thought I'd put it in the general section: ever since joining this site, 90% of the content I have come across is to do with Islam or Muslims, most of it posted by non Muslims. Why is that? For example, if I flick through the european political section, I constantly see more posts about Muslims or Islam (particularly negative) than other, more pressing concerns within the european community, for example, the failing economy, the rise not only of neo-Nazis but of the extreme right, the increase in violence, murder, sex crime, political instability, Britain's role in the EU and so on.

Why is this?

I think it is just like anything else. Different things have people interested in them, wanting to know more, attempts to imply bad things against it, attempts to make it look good, wanting to embrace it, wanting to spread the word about it, hidden spite, implied love, etc. All different motives/thoughts are there really.

Let's not worry about it much. Whether it is good or bad, it won't make a difference to Islam or Muslims.