• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why the request for gold by the bible god?

ProfLogic

dawny0826 said:
Or God uses the tangible at times to teach us and test us......

Tangible items are so easy to be under a fake pretense.. Now in the mind, its very hard to hide deceit. Thus the tangible request for a test is not a true test of ones dedication... the self proclaimed god should know about this human quality.

dawny0826 said:
People are flawed. I'm not going to disagree with you that people have done wrong, claiming that their deeds were inspired by God. People suck. Which is why we need God....
This means you believe that humanity is inheritly evil?

dawny0826 said:
God is God. I'm not in the position to question His authority. And in my life...this is a good thing...

Challenge or don't challenge it, the outcome will be the same because you control your own life....If you have love ones who already had passed on, wouldn't they try very hard.. all of them to let you know what had happened to them..well unless your god have forbidden them to.

ProfLogic

Super Universe said:
I have visited many countries and in all the world the most beautiful building is the Vatican. To me it is a perfect example of what humanity can do when we put our minds toward creating beauty.

But to me there is no place of worship greater than any other. Walking through a grove of Sequoia trees is about as good as it gets for me, a field of wildflowers is pretty high on my list also.

Those have been maintained by nature it self as we have learned today. And you are correct. they are majestic.. the beauty of nature and their working.. That is why the gold issue is fairly ridiculous for a self proclaimed god to ask for. Well unless it was really part of mankind who had found a way to get into man's minds to make it think and procalimed that it is a god of which people believe in... Its so easy to claim its so hard to prove. The more you go into the request for gold, the more the self proclaimed god had shown, its jealousy.