• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why would God send good people to Hell just because they dont believe he exists?

Satan's line of reasoning was crafty. Gen [3v1 Satan crafty statement says that God said you shall not eat of every tree of the garden?
Did God say they could not eat of every tree at Gen 2v17 or just one tree?
At Gen [3v4] Satan crafts or schemes the first lie: You will not die.

Do you think if you keep repeating this stuff I'll accept it as an answer to the question?

I'll address the rest of your remarks but before we go any further, I need you to answer this one question about the serpent's craftiness:

If it was Satan's craftiness that deceived Adam and Eve, WHY WAS THE (wild animal) SERPENT"S CRAFTINESS MENTIONED?

Either answer the question or tell me you don't know. Just quit sidestepping it with this stuff about how and why Satan deceived them.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Ghost-

According to Scripture 'all' Scripture is inspired by God. -2nd Timothy 3vs16,17

So, in order to comment the 'whole' picture is to be taken into consideration.
The Bible is not written like a dictionary ABC, but can be discerned by topic or subject arrangement by comparing parallel passages and verses along the same line of thought in order to see the internal harmony between all of its writers.

Just like with the first prophecy of Genesis [3v15] it was slowly revealed over time.
No one before the first century would know who Messiah [the seed] would prove to be.
There was a progressive revealing [clues] as to who Messiah would be.
-Romans 16v20

The serpent is further revealed in the book of Job being called Satan.
Paul makes reference to the serpent at 2nd Cor. 11vs3,14; 1st Timothy 2v14.
Then, at Revelation [12vs9,12] that old original 'snake in the grass' is called Satan.

The Bible as a whole is like putting a picture puzzle together.
The Bible's theme is the framework of that picture.
Each piece fits inside of that framework to make a complete picture of what the Bible really teaches. It is forced-in pieces that causes people to not have a clear picture.

waitasec

Veteran Member
Ghost-

According to Scripture 'all' Scripture is inspired by God. -2nd Timothy 3vs16,17

The Bible is not written like a dictionary ABC, but can be discerned by topic or subject arrangement by comparing parallel passages and verses along the same line of thought in order to see the internal harmony between all of its writers.

Just like with the first prophecy of Genesis [3v15] it was slowly revealed over time.
No one before the first century would know who Messiah [the seed] would prove to be.
-Romans 16v20

Then, at Revelation [12vs9,12] that old original 'snake in the grass' is called Satan.

Each piece fits inside of that framework to make a complete picture of what the Bible really teaches. It is forced-in pieces that causes people to not have a clear picture.
nice dodge.
why pick a crafty wild animal...if satan was already crafty?

Ghost-

-Romans 16v20

Look, just forget about Satan for a moment and any comparisons of him to a serpent in later scripture. Regardless of later scripture comparing him to a serpent, Genesis 3 begins by telling us how crafty the wild animal is. You know it and I know it. So if it was not the animal itself that deceived Adam and Eve, why was it mentioned?

InChrist

Free4ever
If it was Satan's craftiness that deceived Adam and Eve, WHY WAS THE (wild animal) SERPENT"S CRAFTINESS MENTIONED?

The rule of interpreting the Bible is that scripture interprets scripture. Throughout the scriptures it is revealed that Satan and/or demons can enter into and possess animals … swine (Mark 5:1–13) or people…Judas (John 13:26–27). Other scriptures clearly identify the serpent with Satan. The particular serpent mentioned in the Genesis account was crafty because this serpent was indwelt by Satan.

And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceives the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him. Rev. 12:9

And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years…Rev. 20:2

waitasec

Veteran Member
The rule of interpreting the Bible is that scripture interprets scripture.
which leaves ample room for circular reasoning...
as you so clearly present...
here:
Throughout the scriptures it is revealed that Satan and/or demons can enter into and possess animals … swine (Mark 5:1–13) or people…Judas (John 13:26–27). Other scriptures clearly identify the serpent with Satan. The particular serpent mentioned in the Genesis account was crafty because this serpent was indwelt by Satan.

And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceives the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him. Rev. 12:9

And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years…Rev. 20:2

crystalonyx

"Why would God send people to Hell for being Good Careing Decent people?"

This is merely the stick part of the mythos of Christianity to scare people into becoming believers.

It works on some of them.

The rule of interpreting the Bible is that scripture interprets scripture. Throughout the scriptures it is revealed that Satan and/or demons can enter into and possess animals … swine (Mark 5:1–13) or people…Judas (John 13:26–27). Other scriptures clearly identify the serpent with Satan. The particular serpent mentioned in the Genesis account was crafty because this serpent was indwelt by Satan.

I see you've missed the point as well.

I understand that Satan is often referred to as a serpent in scripture but as we all know, Genesis 3 starts out by talking about the animal. Specifically, it tells us that the serpent is the craftiest of God's wild creatures. So, if it was Satan's craftiness that deceived Adam and Eve then how is the animal's craftiness relevant? Why is it even mentioned?

For the life of me I cannot fathom why no one can answer this one simple question.

Last edited:

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
"Why would God send people to Hell for being Good Careing Decent people?"
This is merely the stick part of the mythos of Christianity to scare people into becoming believers.
It works on some of them.

True the clergy of Christendom have uses 'scare tactics' on people.
That does not make the Bible a myth, but makes their teaching a myth.

Jesus was a good caring decent person and went to hell. -Acts 2vs27,31

Jesus went to the 'biblical hell' [sheol] which is just the common grave.
Jesus taught the dead are in a sleep-like state at John 11 vs11-14
Jesus was well educated in the Hebrew OT Scriptures.
The Psalmist wrote the dead sleep in death. Psalms 6v5; 13v3; 115v17
King Solomon, known for his God-given wisdom, wrote that the dead know nothing at Ecclesiastes 9 vs5,10.

So, the 'Bible's hell' is just where the dead sleep until they are resurrected.
Resurrected or awakened from death's sleep as the prophet Daniel looked forward.-Daniel 12vs2,13.

Muffled

Jesus in me
As a Catholic kid I felt I would have to live such an impossibly virtuous life it would be impossible for me to avoid Hell no matter how hard I tried, so I might as well not believe God exists at because I felt I was doomed anyway.

Real Christians don't have to work hard to be good.

My righteousness isn't based on my efforts but on the saving grace of Jesus.

For that reason I am perffectly righteous and get to go to Heaven if I wish and God is willing. (He is the boss)

Muffled

Jesus in me
God never send those to hell those who perform good deeds and also neither heaven nor hell is permanent,it does not matter weather you believe him or not.

Let me put this in a parable.

There is a man named Joe who all his life made no friends. One day he found himself homeless and wanted to find a sanctuary. He went up to a person's door and asked if he could stay but the person said, no, because he didn't know Joe.

No matter how good a person Joe was he still could not enter because he was a stranger. (after all a stranger could be a serial killer for all anyone knows)

However Matt liked to make friends and became a good friend of Bill and Bill could see that He was a good person so when Matt became homeless Bill was happy to take him in.

The difference between Joe and Matt was that Matt had a relationship and Joe didn't.

Muffled

Jesus in me

The dragon is the national symbol of China and its area is immense as also its number of people. (A whole bunch of stars are over that land) It is also the symbol of the path of the sun (relatively speaking) and therfore a reference to the passage of time.

PolyHedral

Superabacus Mystic

There is a man named Joe who all his life made no friends. One day he found himself homeless and wanted to find a sanctuary. He went up to a person's door and asked if he could stay but the person said, no, because he didn't know Joe.

No matter how good a person Joe was he still could not enter because he was a stranger. (after all a stranger could be a serial killer for all anyone knows)

However Matt liked to make friends and became a good friend of Bill and Bill could see that He was a good person so when Matt became homeless Bill was happy to take him in.

The difference between Joe and Matt was that Matt had a relationship and Joe didn't.
I don't understand; why are you using humans as a metaphor for God? It's only going to be inaccurate in almost every way imaginable.

waitasec

Veteran Member

a relationship...is a 2 way street...
your parable indicates that when matt reached out to no matter who...he was denied...
you make is seem as though the person matt was reaching out to didn't know how to make friends after matt reached out...
just because you have friends doesn't mean you are going to make friends with everyone...it's about connection and chemistry.