• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why would somebody willingly become a Satanist?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I was responding to the snarky comment of an Atheist on a religious form. There are Atheist forums, maybe they could go there and shoot each other?
I could ask you the same about you. This is not just a "I believe in God" forum. But if atheists bother you so much you could hang around the various Christian and Abrahamic DIR's. You appear to be getting mad just because you can be shown to be wrong. Again.

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
Blood sacrifice was only for the children of Israel. Sooner or later they have to grow up.

Abraham's horror (Genesis 15:12) only happened after he killed the animals.
I'm just curious because like Cain was scolded for not providing bloody sacrifice. So if this is the same god, why did he change, and what will change next?

Ebionite

Of course it did.
No, it didn't. An offering is a gift, it doesn't imply the death of anything.

And in process of time it came to pass, that Cain brought of the fruit of the ground an offering unto YHWH.
And Abel, he also brought of the firstlings of his flock and of the fat thereof. And YHWH had respect unto Abel and to his offering:
But unto Cain and to his offering he had not respect. And Cain was very wroth, and his countenance fell.
Genesis 4:3-5

Premium Member
No, it didn't. An offering is a gift, it doesn't imply the death of anything.

And in process of time it came to pass, that Cain brought of the fruit of the ground an offering unto YHWH.
And Abel, he also brought of the firstlings of his flock and of the fat thereof. And YHWH had respect unto Abel and to his offering:
But unto Cain and to his offering he had not respect. And Cain was very wroth, and his countenance fell.
Genesis 4:3-5
Exactly, God preferred the bloody suffering sacrifice. So why the change of heart?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
The Atheist lady claims that ironically Satanists are the most moral people she ever met! Like living with the Waltons! :tearsofjoy:
They've been better people than most Christians I've met. Juggalos, Satanists, atheists, I can think of a lot of maligned groups with people who are generally better behaved and more polite than Christians. And that's because Christians are so poorly behaved that it's becoming a movement for Christians to distance themselves from the Church and other Christians to the point they don't even call themselves Christian. Christians have too thoroughly tarnished the name Christian, some of them have told me, so they want nothing to do with it.
Ya, laugh it up,but the last laugh is for those who will get to see Christianity finally die off.

Premium Member
No, there's nothing in the text to support that.

Colt

Do you understand what a debate forum is?
Religious Forums

“As a community of diverse cultural and religious backgrounds, our aim is to provide a civil environment, informative, respectful and welcoming where people of diverse beliefs can discuss, compare and debate religion while engaging in fellowship with one another.”

Shadow Wolf

Religious Forums

“As a community of diverse cultural and religious backgrounds, our aim is to provide a civil environment, informative, respectful and welcoming where people of diverse beliefs can discuss, compare and debate religion while engaging in fellowship with one another.”
So, with that in mind, why do so many Christians (I'd say theists but I've truly only seen Christians complain about it) complain about atheists being here when they are not excluded from the mission statement?

Premium Member
They've been better people than most Christians I've met. Juggalos, Satanists, atheists, I can think of a lot of maligned groups with people who are generally better behaved and more polite than Christians. And that's because Christians are so poorly behaved that it's becoming a movement for Christians to distance themselves from the Church and other Christians to the point they don't even call themselves Christian. Christians have too thoroughly tarnished the name Christian, some of them have told me, so they want nothing to do with it.
Ya, laugh it up,but the last laugh is for those who will get to see Christianity finally die off.
Yeah my wife is planning to come to Slipknot with the guys next tour, and her imagination of the event is hilarious. It will be culture shock. She's like "I'm gonna dress in all pink and wear of shirt of Corey that says 'he's an angry elf.'" And we are like, people are going to love you lol, friendliest people in the world at metal shows.

Ebionite

Fat means excess, like fat of the land. And an offering is just a gift, so there's nothing there to imply that Abel killed the animals.

There's a similar case with Abram's animals, where he wasn't told to kill them:

And he said, Lord YHWH, whereby shall I know that I shall inherit it?
And he said unto him, Take me an heifer of three years old, and a she goat of three years old, and a ram of three years old, and a turtledove, and a young pigeon.
And he took unto him all these, and divided them in the midst, and laid each piece one against another: but the birds divided he not.
Genesis 15:8-10

Colt

So, with that in mind, why do so many Christians (I'd say theists but I've truly only seen Christians complain about it) complain about atheists being here when they are not excluded from the mission statement?
A number of the atheists on this forum are simply hecklers of the people of diverse faith in the mission statement being particularly critical and endlessly argumentative with Christian’s. They get off on mocking Christians as stupid and uneducated.

Premium Member
Fat means excess, like fat of the land. And an offering is just a gift, so there's nothing there to imply that Abel killed the animals.

There's a similar case with Abram's animals, where he wasn't told to kill them:

And he said, Lord YHWH, whereby shall I know that I shall inherit it?
And he said unto him, Take me an heifer of three years old, and a she goat of three years old, and a ram of three years old, and a turtledove, and a young pigeon.
And he took unto him all these, and divided them in the midst, and laid each piece one against another: but the birds divided he not.
Genesis 15:8-10
That's such a fresh take I don't even want to debate it haha. Very interesting, I've never heard this before and at least for your perspective it certainly silences my objection.

Ebionite

That's such a fresh take I don't even want to debate it haha. Very interesting, I've never heard this before and at least for your perspective it certainly silences my objection.
It's not unusual for people to think that Abel's offering was a blood sacrifice, since the Pauline doctrine of salvation is built on the idea that Jesus died as a sacrifice. The idea of building crops up in the Bible as well:

For we are labourers together with God: ye are God's husbandry, [ye are] God's building.
According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.
1 Corinthians 3:9-10

For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.
1 Corinthians 2:2

Woe to him that buildeth a town with blood, and stablisheth a city by iniquity!
Habakkuk 2:12

Iniquity translates as lawlessness, which relates to Paul describing the law as being nailed to the cross.

Shadow Wolf

A number of the atheists on this forum are simply hecklers of the people of diverse faith in the mission statement being particularly critical and endlessly argumentative with Christian’s. They get off on mocking Christians as stupid and uneducated.
Actually it's exclusively Christians who assume those who challenge Christianity are atheists. Most often they're just of another religion, but Christians insist they are an atheist all the same.
Amd the lack of religious belief is also a part of that diverse backgrounds things mentioned in the mission statement.
Other religions don't have a problem with it. It's just Christians who object to atheists being here. Nobody else does that.