• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why would somebody willingly become a Satanist?

Viker

Your beloved eccentric Auntie Cristal
Could be. But have you ever considered that you telling Satanists that they are not "real Satanists" would be the same as them claiming that you are not a "real Christian"?
We see this form of reverse gatekeeping mixed with a little gas lighting quite often.

"You're not real Satanists/Diabolists because you don't kill for Satan or not a part of the true satanic mystery conspiracy org (for which there is no evidence for but is really real)."

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
We see this form of reverse gatekeeping mixed with a little gas lighting quite often.

"You're not real Satanists/Diabolists because you don't kill for Satan or not a part of the true satanic mystery conspiracy org (for which there is no evidence for but is really real)."
And that comes from a person that regularly performs ritualistic cannibalism

Yazata

Satan tempted Jesus to eat rocks. That is what a 3-year old tries to do to their parents. Like what kind of mindset do Satanists have? I just don't see it.
Why do Satanists believe that Satan is better in their view to God?
Why do many, but not all, Satanists get absurd amounts of tattoos and piercings? Is it just a style choice or a meaning behind it?
From the limited interactions with Satanists I've had, they have this attitude where they believe it is okay to hurt others because they were hurt by someone else. How do they justify that and where does this attitude come from?

I'm not particularly attracted to any "Abrahamic" religion. But I have to say that there have been times when I thought that Satan was the most sympathetic and attractive character in some of the stories.

It goes back to when I was younger. I knew a very sweet old lady who took a liking to me and decided that it was her mission to save my soul. (Assuming I have one, which I don't believe.) She was a Catholic and took great pleasure in reading me what she said were saints' visions of hell. The most sick and twisted stories imaginable. Endless rows of vats of boiling oil, each with a sinner having his/her skin boiled off --- for eternity. The air filled with billions of screams, begging Jesus for mercy. All while Jesus watched with his face expressionless.

Apparently the worst sin of all was failure to love Jesus. It all reminded me of a rapist, telling his victim, "Love me baby! Love me, or I'll hurt you so bad!!"

And in that scenario, Satan emerges as the one figure with the courage to say "no!" to omnipotent evil. Satan knows from the outset that his rebellion is doomed, but he rebels anyway, because he can't just stand by and pretend to love a monster.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
Satan tempted Jesus to eat rocks. That is what a 3-year old tries to do to their parents. Like what kind of mindset do Satanists have? I just don't see it.
Why do many, but not all, Satanists get absurd amounts of tattoos and piercings? Is it just a style choice or a meaning behind it?
From the limited interactions with Satanists I've had, they have this attitude where they believe it is okay to hurt others because they were hurt by someone else. How do they justify that and where does this attitude come from?
A lot of times it's because they've been hurt by Christianity and are angry at it, so they find it cathartic to blaspheme it. They're rebelling against it. That's likely how most get started with it. Most don't stick with it for the rest of their lives. I personally found it profoundly lacking and moved on.

Ebionite

The story doesn’t establish what the rules were. It’s almost like this was written after the Temple or at least Hebrew laws were written.
Some information in the Bible isn't presented explicitly. For example:

(Also he bade them teach the children of Judah [the use of] the bow: behold, [it is] written in the book of Jasher.)
2 Samuel 1:18

But go ye and learn what [that] meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.
Matthew 9:13

The rule implied by Genesis is that the creator or creators have authority over their creation.

Colt

That was not an answer. It was just a false accusation against others.

Thought I was answering the OP again. Should read:

Many followed Satan into darkness in heaven so it should be no surprise that they would do so on earth.

Even still, I people become followers of Satan how would it even be an accusation to say that they follew Satan into darkness?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Thought I was answering the OP again. Should read:

Many followed Satan into darkness in heaven so it should be no surprise that they would do so on earth.

Even still, I people become followers of Satan how would it even be an accusation to say that they follew Satan into darkness?
No, this was the question that you were asked:

"What do you do that makes you think you are a Christian? :rolleyes:"

You can even go back. It is still there. Your post did not answer that question at all. It was just a statement of belief that appears to have no basis in reality.

Reactions: ppp

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I don’t care if they believe it, I’m not trying to convince anyone of anything.

The OP asked for some information and I provided what I know.

It’s kind of how discussion boards work.
Yup. Anither feature is statements that are just as wrong as 2+2=5 get called out.
Regarding the rest of your post what do you actually do that makes you think you are a satanist.
What makes you think you know dicks from dildos about Satanism? What you've claimed is closer to tye nonsensical world of Chick Tracts.

Colt

No, this was the question that you were asked:

"What do you do that makes you think you are a Christian? :rolleyes:"

You can even go back. It is still there. Your post did not answer that question at all. It was just a statement of belief that appears to have no basis in reality.
I wasn't asked that question, I responded to the wrong person as I already told you. That question was directed at Tinkerpeach.