• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why would somebody willingly become a Satanist?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Thought I was answering the OP again. Should read:

Many followed Satan into darkness in heaven so it should be no surprise that they would do so on earth.

Even still, I people become followers of Satan how would it even be an accusation to say that they follew Satan into darkness?
Because, rightfully speaking, the accusation would be against those who follow a god who's laws demand a parent kill their own child iver a few different asinine and inane "crimes," an accusation rightly made against those whos god said to kill this person and that person and this person over there for doing things that harmed no one.

Rachel Rugelach

Shalom, y'all.
Staff member
It's not tacky.

I'm amazed that @Tinkerpeach would presume to call someone else's religious symbol "tacky."

You know, Jewish folk like me have a term for when we openly wear a Jewish symbol (such as a Magen David or a Hamsa) as a piece of jewelry. It's often called "bageling" for those (such as women) who otherwise don't readily present as being Jewish by wearing the traditional skullcap, ear-locks, or tasseled undergarment (kippah, payot, and tallit katan). The purpose is so that one may be recognized by another Jew and perhaps strike up a friendly conversation on account of that recognition. Casual conversation can even serve the purpose of bageling.

@Shadow Wolf, do Satanists such as yourself have your own method of "bageling" in order to connect with others like yourselves? From my own experience, I know that belonging to a minority community that exists within a prevailing majority community that may not always understand you, can create a longing to connect with others of your own community.

I'm the real deal. I'm not in "extreme secrecy" about it. I also don't have the characteristics of a psychopath (seriously, even watching Schindler's List makes me sob uncontrollably because those were real people that happened to). I have worked with kids. But I don't crave power because that takes away from what I actually want in life, which is reigning in Hell than serving in Heaven. Gaining power requires a lot of kissing up to those with power. I'd WAY rather be a thorn in power's side than be power.

I applaud your choice to "be a thorn in power's side." :thumbsup: And I was deeply touched by your empathy when watching Schindler's List.

Colt

Because, rightfully speaking, the accusation would be against those who follow a god who's laws demand a parent kill their own child iver a few different asinine and inane "crimes," an accusation rightly made against those whos god said to kill this person and that person and this person over there for doing things that harmed no one.
I don't know about that other stuff, I'm talking about other celestial beings deciding to follow Satan in the heavenly realm. That actually led to real eternal death to many.

Shadow Wolf

I don't know about that other stuff, I'm talking about other celestial beings deciding to follow Satan in the heavenly realm. That actually led to real eternal death to many.
You don't know, or you don't want to address? You want to bring up it being an "accusation" to.follow Satan, but the Bible had the monstrously wicked and heinously cruel author who was filled with enough evil, hatred and bloodlust to proclaim "happy will be he who dashes your little oneals on the rocks."

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
Straw man. They were told not to eat from the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

And then a talking serpent deceived Adam and Eve into disobeying God.

I doubt that you will find many people here who take the creation story seriously.

Shadow Wolf

@Shadow Wolf, do Satanists such as yourself have your own method of "bageling" in order to connect with others like yourselves? From my own experience, I know that belonging to a minority community that exists within a prevailing majority community that may not always understand you, can create a longing to connect with others of your own community.
Not to that degree, where lots if people recognize some things but are oblivious to some. Yeah, the Baphomet is widely recognizable, especially in a pentagram, but more often I see certain sigils that the public at large doesn't recognize (occultists would be about the only ones who would). But mine has a Black Mass passage so it's more readily identifiable as Satanic rather than some occult thing.

Colt

You don't know, or you don't want to address? You want to bring up it being an "accusation" to.follow Satan, but the Bible had the monstrously wicked and heinously cruel author who was filled with enough evil, hatred and bloodlust to proclaim "happy will be he who dashes your little oneals on the rocks.

IMOP The Old Testament is a vastly exaggerated fictional account of Israelite history edited and finalized in Babylon. Even the true parts about conquest was NOT directed by the God o Jesus as portrayed by the authors. Its quite common among ALL religions to assume that the national deity is responsible for victory and defeat.

Shadow Wolf

IMOP The Old Testament is a vastly exaggerated fictional account of Israelite history edited and finalized in Babylon. Even the true parts about conquest was NOT directed by the God o Jesus as portrayed by the authors. Its quite common among ALL religions to assume that the national deity is responsible for victory and defeat.
Prove it.

Ebionite

And then a talking serpent deceived Adam and Eve into disobeying God.

I doubt that you will find many people here who take the creation story seriously.
The symbol of the serpent relates to the crucifixion and to the Pharisees.

And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:
John 3:14

[Ye] serpents, [ye] generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?
Matthew 23:33

Ebionite

That's like putting a steak on the floor and telling a dog not to eat it. Guess what's gonna happen? You should only be angry with yourself that the dog ate the steak.
People have a greater capacity for self-control than animals do. Also, the forbidden fruit was part of the lesson that bad decisions have consequences.

Shadow Wolf

People have a greater capacity for self-control than animals do. Also, the forbidden fruit was part of the lesson that bad decisions have consequences.
They had no knowledge of good or evil. They couldn't have had a mentality beyonf a small child in this regard. Ergo they could not have known disobediance was bad. For all they knew it was good to eat from the tree and would have let them impress daddy. Except they wouldn't have known parental approval would come to be thought of as good.

Shadow Wolf

Which part do you want proved?
Your "it was exaggerated and edited and finalized by Babylon." Those "tainted by the scribes" arguments are never the strongest or most solid grounds to stand on.
Amd is it fiction? If that'sthe case then why believe at all?

Colt

Your "it was exaggerated and edited and finalized by Babylon." Those "tainted by the scribes" arguments are never the strongest or most solid grounds to stand on.
Amd is it fiction? If that'sthe case then why believe at all?
Its always been obvious to me that Noah's flood is a fiction and much of the other inconsistent nonsense was invented by those favored within the story! But apart from common sense and critical analysis revealing multiple authors and conflicting accounts of then same stories, I cant prove it.

Jesus never acted anything like the OT God! Obviously those same deep state actors within profitable Temple Judaism didn't much like what Jesus had to say!

Also, we have NEVER seen anything like the OT behavior of God since those books were finalized! Like reality was a Ben Hur like environment up until the books were finalized! And the secular books mentioned within the OT scrolls conveniently vanished from history!

The UB revelation explains:
97:8.1
After the priests of the Babylonian exile had prepared their new record of God’s supposedly miraculous dealings with the Hebrews, the sacred history of Israel as portrayed in the Old Testament, they carefully and completely destroyed the existing records of Hebrew affairs — such books as “The Doings of the Kings of Israel” and “The Doings of the Kings of Judah,” together with several other more or less accurate records of Hebrew history.. 97:8.1....

Last edited:

Ebionite

They had no knowledge of good or evil. They couldn't have had a mentality beyonf a small child in this regard. Ergo they could not have known disobediance was bad.
There's still the emotional attachment that a child has with their parent. A child learns that disobedience will likely lead to disapproval even though there's no understanding of the reason behind it.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I wasn't asked that question, I responded to the wrong person as I already told you. That question was directed at Tinkerpeach.
Okay, so you responded to the wrong person. So what? Why didn't you fix your post? You could have easily have edited it. Since you did not do so my claim still holds.

Shadow Wolf

There's still the emotional attachment that a child has with their parent. A child learns that disobedience will likely lead to disapproval even though there's no understanding of the reason behind it.
But if you have no knowledge of good and evil you don't know that disobedience and disapproval might be bad.