• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why would somebody willingly become a Satanist?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
You're avoid the question of the difference between the two cases.

You're avoiding the fact that an infant will form an emotional bond with their parents, especially with their mother.
You're ignoring that has nothing ti do with knowing right from wrong, and ignored my example that demonstrates an infant's lack 9f knowledge between right and wrong.

Ebionite

You're ignoring that has nothing ti do with knowing right from wrong, and ignored my example that demonstrates an infant's lack 9f knowledge between right and wrong.
Mirroring me won't work. The fact that both cases don't distinguish between right and wrong doesn't affect my argument that emotive response is a motivator in those cases.

Viker

Your beloved eccentric Auntie Cristal
Just a general recommend:

"In Pursuit of Satan, The Police and The Occult" by, I think, Hicks. Great book clearing up SRA nonsense from the panic.
Pursuit of Satan: The Police and the Occult | Office of Justice Programs

NCJ Number 129704
Author(s)
R D Hicks
Date Published 1991
Length 420 pages

Annotation:
This book critically analyzes individual law enforcement agencies' focus on Satanism and the occult and concludes that no evidence exists of a nationwide criminal conspiracy of Satanists and devil-worshipers.

Abstract:
The analysis emphasizes that vandalism, child abuse, serial murders, and other crimes are all serious problems. In addition, the model proposing a connection between Satanism and criminality is expedient largely because of its simplicity as a means of explaining such complex problems as drug abuse, adolescent suicide, and sexual molestation. Unfortunately, poorly trained therapists and certain police officers have used the media to focus attention on satanic crime despite a lack of evidence of a cult connection. Their misinformation and speculations produces unjustified fear in their communities. Case examples, reference notes, and index.

We Never Know

No Slack
Satan tempted Jesus to eat rocks. That is what a 3-year old tries to do to their parents. Like what kind of mindset do Satanists have? I just don't see it.
Why do Satanists believe that Satan is better in their view to God?
Why do many, but not all, Satanists get absurd amounts of tattoos and piercings? Is it just a style choice or a meaning behind it?
From the limited interactions with Satanists I've had, they have this attitude where they believe it is okay to hurt others because they were hurt by someone else. How do they justify that and where does this attitude come from?
Question.... When did satan appear in human culture/history?

Shadow Wolf

Mirroring me won't work. The fact that both cases don't distinguish between right and wrong doesn't affect my argument that emotive response is a motivator in those cases.
Im not mirroring you. I gave you an example of infant behavior that involves a lack of knowledge of goid and evil and cannot understand how the action is wrong. You cut that out. I don't knkw why, but I guess it's because it discards your focus on emotional behaviors, even though that too is not inherently tied ti knowledge of good and evil.

Colt

Actually it's exclusively Christians who assume those who challenge Christianity are atheists. Most often they're just of another religion, but Christians insist they are an atheist all the same.
Amd the lack of religious belief is also a part of that diverse backgrounds things mentioned in the mission statement.
Other religions don't have a problem with it. It's just Christians who object to atheists being here. Nobody else does that.
I assume that self described atheists are atheists. I assume that people who claim believers are “delusional” and their God is a myth are atheists. I believe that atheists who join religious forums with the motive of simply undermining and mocking faith are just attention seeing evil people!

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

I assume that self described atheists are atheists. I assume that people who claim believers are “delusional” and their God is a myth are atheists. I believe that atheists who join religious forums with the motive of simply undermining and mocking faith are just attention seeing evil people!
Methinks you just don't like atheists.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Satan tempted Jesus to eat rocks. That is what a 3-year old tries to do to their parents. Like what kind of mindset do Satanists have? I just don't see it.
Why do Satanists believe that Satan is better in their view to God?
Why do many, but not all, Satanists get absurd amounts of tattoos and piercings? Is it just a style choice or a meaning behind it?
From the limited interactions with Satanists I've had, they have this attitude where they believe it is okay to hurt others because they were hurt by someone else. How do they justify that and where does this attitude come from?
maybe because Satan, according to the Bible, is not such a genocidal killer of woman and children, like God is?
the idea that God is the good guy, and Satan is the bad guy, even assuming that myth to be true, is, in my opinion, highly debatable.i would really love to see not question begging answers to that.

so, ceteris paribus, it all boils down to personal moral considerations.

ciao

- viole

Last edited:

PureX

Veteran Member

Why would somebody willingly become a Satanist?​

To "get back at" Mom.

To be the "cool contrarian".

An excuse to wear creepy cloths all year round.

For the tattoos.

For the piercings.

So people will think you're a freak in bed when you're really not.

Shadow Wolf

Why would somebody willingly become a Satanist?​

To "get back at" Mom.

To be the "cool contrarian".

An excuse to wear creepy cloths all year round.

For the tattoos.

For the piercings.

So people will think you're a freak in bed when you're really not.
Anything based on reality and fact?

Kelly of the Phoenix

Pursuit of Satan: The Police and the Occult | Office of Justice Programs

NCJ Number 129704
Author(s)
R D Hicks
Date Published 1991
Length 420 pages

Annotation:
This book critically analyzes individual law enforcement agencies' focus on Satanism and the occult and concludes that no evidence exists of a nationwide criminal conspiracy of Satanists and devil-worshipers.

Abstract:
The analysis emphasizes that vandalism, child abuse, serial murders, and other crimes are all serious problems. In addition, the model proposing a connection between Satanism and criminality is expedient largely because of its simplicity as a means of explaining such complex problems as drug abuse, adolescent suicide, and sexual molestation. Unfortunately, poorly trained therapists and certain police officers have used the media to focus attention on satanic crime despite a lack of evidence of a cult connection. Their misinformation and speculations produces unjustified fear in their communities. Case examples, reference notes, and index.
If I had a choice between a Satanist or a Christian babysitter for kids I don’t have, I’d pick the Satanist. They would be safer.

Reactions: ppp