• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why would somebody willingly become a Satanist?

Viker

Your beloved eccentric Auntie Cristal
Question.... When did satan appear in human culture/history?
Most likely, Satan began appearing around the time of the book of Job, probably 600bce or there about. Satan started as a title and as a servant of God. Flash forward nearly 3000 years and Satan has gone through a radical metamorphosis, into a symbol of rational self interest/empowerment, agent of critical thinking and beacon of enlightenment.

Over 3000 years ago, Yahweh started out as just another principal god in a very polytheist Semitic pantheon, a god of war and storms. Now, he's supposedly the God of everything and everyone, supposedly.

Many figures change over time. It's interesting to see transformations develop from age to age.

Last edited:

Soandso

ᛋᛏᚨᚾᛞ ᛋᚢᚱᛖ
I'm not stretching the defintion. The same applies in English eg "Day of the Jackal".

Sure, why not? That must be why it's taken so long for my dad to come back from the store when he left to go get milk. When he said 4 minutes what he really meant was 40 years. I can expect to see him any minute now

Esteban X

Why would somebody willingly become a Satanist?​

To "get back at" Mom.

To be the "cool contrarian".

An excuse to wear creepy cloths all year round.

For the tattoos.

For the piercings.

So people will think you're a freak in bed when you're really not.
I think you may be jealous.

Ebionite

The serpent became an idol. Is John saying that Jesus became an idol?
No, John is only repeating what Jesus said. You could make an inference to idolatry because of what happened in Moses' day and because idols can be intangible eg Paul's doctrine of the crucifixion. Paul and James were at odds over idolatry.

Ebionite

Sure, why not? That must be why it's taken so long for my dad to come back from the store when he left to go get milk. When he said 4 minutes what he really meant was 40 years. I can expect to see him any minute now
ignored

Viker

Why would somebody willingly become a Satanist?​

To "get back at" Mom.

To be the "cool contrarian".

An excuse to wear creepy cloths all year round.

For the tattoos.

For the piercings.

So people will think you're a freak in bed when you're really not.
Sarcasm? Or, should I consider it not worth replying any further?

Colt

Methinks you just don't like atheists.
You think wrong! What I object to is condescending atheists who come to religious forums just to heckle people of faith. They just seem to want to argue not understand. A person who actively sets our to undermine the faith of others is an evil individual. IMOP

Viker

One example of alleged Satanists. The article doesn't lead to any more information on the group. That would be important. As a lot of the things like Ouija boards, animal familiars, etc. many modern Satanists don't accept as valid practices.

Anyway, should we break out the hundreds of on going cases of Christian, or other religious groups, abuse cases? The Catholic Church? The Mormons? Jehovah's Witnesses? The Southern Baptist Convention? Various Evangelical and independent denominations?

Colt

One example of alleged Satanists. The article doesn't lead to any more information on the group. That would be important. As a lot of the things like Ouija boards, animal familiars, etc. many modern Satanists don't accept as valid practices.

Anyway, should we break out the hundreds of on going cases of Christian, or other religious groups, abuse cases? The Catholic Church? The Mormons? Jehovah's Witnesses? The Southern Baptist Convention? Various Evangelical and independent denominations?
Kelly said she preferred Satanist watching her children, I was just pointing out that Satanists can be child abusers as well.

Viker

Kelly said she preferred Satanist watching her children, I was just pointing out that Satanists can be child abusers as well.
Another thing? How big are microwaves in Britain? One of the accusations is that a kid (not a baby but a larger child)was "put in a microwave". That's suspicious. All the news reports are the exact same wording. Leads me to believe the report started somewhere with misinformation included then other agencies are just copy/pasting. Weird.

Colt

Another thing? How big are microwaves in Britain? One of the accusations is that a kid (not a baby but a larger child)was "put in a microwave". That's suspicious. All the news reports are the exact same wording. Leads me to believe the report started somewhere with misinformation included then other agencies are just copy/pasting. Weird.
Good point! So, are you a Satanist?

Viker

Good point! So, are you a Satanist?
I can be called a Satanist. I don't really care. I don't usually refer to myself as such. Because I don't want to be associated with the Church of Satan or the Satanic Temple, mostly out of respect and for differences in beliefs. Also, Satanism has become somewhat unfulfilling for me. I am related to them. I settle for now on calling myself Diabolist.