• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why would somebody willingly become a Satanist?

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Yazdis exalt Satan but to them Quran distorted the truth about him, and that he is supposed to be really a good guardian Angel that never went astray and in fact helps mankind.

To them he is the best creation of God and helped all Prophets (a) in their view.

Ignorant Obama trained Caliphate believers killed many of them and took many of them as slaves in the name that they were Satan worshipers.

It's just really a version of Abrahamic faith that says there is no evil fallen being lead us astray, but in fact, the evil comes from humans within.

But to me, the truth is clear. The politics in human realm is similar in spiritual realm.

Now there is also people who worship Satan and see Gabriel, Mohammad (s), etc as the wrong or evil force. In fact, a lot of people who believe in magic, believe Moses (a), Jesus (a), Mohammad (s) all performed "magic" that appeared as "miracles", and some like freemasons revere Solomon (a) and believe him to be the founder or the main founder of their traditions. Some go before that to ancient Egypt.

If you want to know that freemasons and their demonic practice just read about the key of Solomon and what Freemasons brought in that regard. It can be seen tarot card believers are indirectly worshiping or at least calling upon Satan and his forces.

Colt

I can be called a Satanist. I don't really care. I don't usually refer to myself as such. Because I don't want to be associated with the Church of Satan or the Satanic Temple, mostly out of respect and for differences in beliefs. Also, Satanism has become somewhat unfulfilling for me. I am related to them. I settle for now on calling myself Diabolist.
Thats a new one for me.

A diabolist is a noun that can refer to two different meanings. It can mean worship of the Devil or devilish or atrociously wicked conduct1. Some synonyms for diabolist include supernaturalism, magic, black magic, witchcraft, and sorcery1. The term is often associated with devil-worship and the dark arts2.

Viker

Your beloved eccentric Auntie Cristal
Yazdis exalt Satan
Tawûsî Melek - Wikipedia

In the Yazidi myth of creation, Tawûsî Melek refused to bow before Adam, the first human, when God ordered the Seven Angels to do so.[8][9][10] The command was actually a test, meant to determine which of these angels was most loyal to God by not prostrating themselves to someone other than their creator.[8][10][23] This belief has been linked by some people to the Islamic mythological narrative on Iblis, who also refused to prostrate to Adam, despite God's express command to do so.[8][9][10] Because of this similarity to the Islamic tradition of Iblis, Muslims and followers of other Abrahamic religions have erroneously associated and identified the Peacock Angel with their own conception of the unredeemed evil spirit Satan,[8][9][10][24]: 29 [25] a misconception which has incited centuries of violent religious persecution of the Yazidis as "devil-worshippers".[9][10][8][26][27] Persecution of Yazidis has continued in their home communities within the borders of modern Iraq.[9][10][28]

Since the late 16th century,[29] Muslims have accused Yazidis of devil-worship due to the similarity between the Islamic mythological narrative on Iblis and the account of Tawûsî Melek's refusal to bow to Adam.[8][9][10] Whereas Muslims revile Iblis for refusing to submit to God and bow to Adam, believing that his defiance caused him to fall from God's grace,[30] Yazidis revere Tawûsî Melek for loyalty towards God and believe that God's command to Tawûsî Melek was a test to see who is truly devoted to God alone.[8][9][10] This narrative led to many misinterpretations, also made by Western scholars, who interpreted the Yazidi faith through their own cultural influences.[9][31] Further accusations derived from narratives attributed to Melek Taûs, which are actually foreign to Yazidism, probably introduced by either Muslims in the 9th century or Christian missionaries in the 20th century.[32] Accusations of devil-worship fueled centuries of violent religious persecution, which have led Yazidi communities to concentrate in remote mountainous regions of northwestern Iraq.[8][9][10][29] The Yazidi taboo against the Arabic word Shaitan (الشیطان) and on words containing the consonants š (sh) and t/ṭ have been used to suggest a connection between Tawûsî Melek and Iblis,[2] although no evidence exists to suggest that Yazidis worship Tawûsî Melek as the same figure.[33]

Yazidis, however, believe Tawûsî Melek is not a source of evil or wickedness.[8][9][10] They consider him to be the leader of the archangels, not a fallen angel.[8][10][24][25] Yazidis argue that the order to bow to Adam was only a test for Tawûsî Melek, since if God commands anything then it must happen. In other words, God could have made him submit to Adam, but gave Tawûsî Melek the choice as a test: God had directed him not to bow to any other being, and his refusal of the later order to bow to Adam was thus obedience to God's original command.[23] In Mishefa Resh, Tawûsî Melek is equated with Ezrayil or Ezazil.[5]

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Tawûsî Melek - Wikipedia

In the Yazidi myth of creation, Tawûsî Melek refused to bow before Adam, the first human, when God ordered the Seven Angels to do so.[8][9][10] The command was actually a test, meant to determine which of these angels was most loyal to God by not prostrating themselves to someone other than their creator.[8][10][23] This belief has been linked by some people to the Islamic mythological narrative on Iblis, who also refused to prostrate to Adam, despite God's express command to do so.[8][9][10] Because of this similarity to the Islamic tradition of Iblis, Muslims and followers of other Abrahamic religions have erroneously associated and identified the Peacock Angel with their own conception of the unredeemed evil spirit Satan,[8][9][10][24]: 29 [25] a misconception which has incited centuries of violent religious persecution of the Yazidis as "devil-worshippers".[9][10][8][26][27] Persecution of Yazidis has continued in their home communities within the borders of modern Iraq.[9][10][28]

Since the late 16th century,[29] Muslims have accused Yazidis of devil-worship due to the similarity between the Islamic mythological narrative on Iblis and the account of Tawûsî Melek's refusal to bow to Adam.[8][9][10] Whereas Muslims revile Iblis for refusing to submit to God and bow to Adam, believing that his defiance caused him to fall from God's grace,[30] Yazidis revere Tawûsî Melek for loyalty towards God and believe that God's command to Tawûsî Melek was a test to see who is truly devoted to God alone.[8][9][10] This narrative led to many misinterpretations, also made by Western scholars, who interpreted the Yazidi faith through their own cultural influences.[9][31] Further accusations derived from narratives attributed to Melek Taûs, which are actually foreign to Yazidism, probably introduced by either Muslims in the 9th century or Christian missionaries in the 20th century.[32] Accusations of devil-worship fueled centuries of violent religious persecution, which have led Yazidi communities to concentrate in remote mountainous regions of northwestern Iraq.[8][9][10][29] The Yazidi taboo against the Arabic word Shaitan (الشیطان) and on words containing the consonants š (sh) and t/ṭ have been used to suggest a connection between Tawûsî Melek and Iblis,[2] although no evidence exists to suggest that Yazidis worship Tawûsî Melek as the same figure.[33]

Yazidis, however, believe Tawûsî Melek is not a source of evil or wickedness.[8][9][10] They consider him to be the leader of the archangels, not a fallen angel.[8][10][24][25] Yazidis argue that the order to bow to Adam was only a test for Tawûsî Melek, since if God commands anything then it must happen. In other words, God could have made him submit to Adam, but gave Tawûsî Melek the choice as a test: God had directed him not to bow to any other being, and his refusal of the later order to bow to Adam was thus obedience to God's original command.[23] In Mishefa Resh, Tawûsî Melek is equated with Ezrayil or Ezazil.[5]
Yeah they have a different version of him. To them he is not evil but the best of creation.

When I ever think of ISIS and what they did to these people, my blood boils.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
You think wrong! What I object to is condescending atheists who come to religious forums just to heckle people of faith. They just seem to want to argue not understand. A person who actively sets our to undermine the faith of others is an evil individual. IMOP
"Heckling" isn't the challenging and criticisms that mostly happen. What you're heckling isn't. Yes, it sometimes happens, but Christians are ever sonhasty and eager with the criticism that even theists of a different religion are dismissed as atheists who are just ridiculijg religion and clearly don't belong (neo-Pagans especially get it thrown at them).

Viker

Your beloved eccentric Auntie Cristal
Yeah they have a different version of him. To them he is not evil but the best of creation.

When I ever think of ISIS and what they did to these people, my blood boils.
They also forbid the use of the name Satan/Shaitan. I found that interesting.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Tarot has nothing to do with Satanism. You can't worship a being you don't believe in and are not even calling on.
It has to do with the key of Solomon, which has to do with demonology. For example the four types (fire, etc). I would read into it.

Solomon (a) is believed to have founded their order. There is three books freemasons believe is his, but Judaism officially does not acknowledge to be cannon or even authentic.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
It has to do with the key of Solomon, which has to do with demonology. For example the four types (fire, etc).
The Key of Solomon doesn't have anything to do with Tarot cards. Tarot originally came from Medieval playing card games, as I understand it.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The Key of Solomon doesn't have anything to do with Tarot cards. Tarot originally came from Medieval playing card games, as I understand it.
I've read academic papers on this from my university search Library thing. Tarot was brought by freemasons. And it's based on demonology, even western astrology is as far the types "fire, earthly, water, air".

The four types is based on the three books associated with Solomon that freemasons believe in but Judaism doesn't acknowledge to be authentic.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Freemasons argue it is even more ancient going back to ancient Egypt. But a lot freemasons believe Solomon (a) to be the foundation of all this magic stuff including Tarot.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
from Medieval playing card games
I think the first form of card reading in the west was in that form. But the advanced version (updated to now) comes from freemasons and is influenced heavily by the three books attributed to Solomon (a) they believe to be his but the rest of the world does not.

Shadow Wolf

Freemasons argue it is even more ancient going back to ancient Egypt. But a lot freemasons believe Solomon (a) to be the foundation of all this magic stuff including Tarot.
No. They don't. I've known a few. Largely and mostly it's an adults all boys club. I often reference an American TV show, the Little Rascals, a group of young boys who had their club they called the called the Herman's Woman Hater's Club. The Masons don't hate women, but add in testosterone, alcohol and tons of theatrics amd drama and that's basically what the Freemasons are.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
No. They don't. I've known a few. Largely and mostly it's an adults all boys club. I often reference an American TV show, the Little Rascals, a group of young boys who had their club they called the called the Herman's Woman Hater's Club. The Masons don't hate women, but add in testosterone, alcohol and tons of theatrics amd drama and that's basically what the Freemasons are.
I am going by what academics have written about this. I can't just go by your word.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
And there are "sister" versions of freemasons groups or associated groups, they just named differently. So this is not a men vs women thing.

Shadow Wolf

I am going by what academics have written about this. I can't just go by your word.
You aren't going by what academics wrote.
And, yes. I am aware of the Eastern Stars and others (I've known a few of them as well). Women are still forbidden from joining the Masons.