• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Will Hillary's email problem be her undoing?

Will Hillary's email issue eventually cost her bid for the Presidency?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

esmith

Veteran Member
The report I heard was that Assange leaked her email, that is how the Iranians learned the information that resulted in the execution.
Tom
From meti's link http://www.politico.com/story/2016/08/iran-executes-nuclear-scientist-who-spied-for-us-226763
When he did land in his native country on July 15, 2010, he was given a hero’s welcome, and Iranian officials cast him as a double agent, claiming he had infiltrated U.S. intelligence and that Iran had the upper hand in an intelligence war. But soon after returning home, Amiri was taken into custody, presumably imprisoned because of his dalliance with the U.S.

So it appears that Iran knew about his dealings with the US in 2010. If so this would appear to mean that Assange had no hand in it. However, I seriously doubt we will get the entire story from Iran. So, it is speculation that Iran hacked Hillary's emails or Assange is responsible or some other information became available hence the execution.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I only heard one brief report on this.
But isn't it more accurate to say that Assange exposed the Iranian scientist? Didn't he let the Iranian government know this?
Tom
That would be the preferred theory for Democrats,
who've transmogrified him from hero to villain, now
that he's harming the anointed one.

4consideration

Premium Member
Here's another article about Hillary's emails.

"A new batch of State Department emails released Tuesday showed the close and sometimes overlapping interests between the Clinton Foundation and the State Department when Hillary Clinton served as secretary of state.

The documents raised new questions about whether the charitable foundation worked to reward its donors with access and influence at the State Department, a charge that Mrs. Clinton has faced in the past and has always denied."

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...overlap/ar-BBvsbs3?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp

4consideration

Premium Member
Silly rabbit.....the Clinton defense is only for Clintons....
http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/16/politics/navy-sailor-clinton-email-defense/
I don't think you can quite compare the two, because he would likely be found to be sophisticated enough to understand the classification he was dealing with -- whereas Comey specifically stated his investigation did not show Clinton was particularly sophisticated with respect to classified information.

Comey: "...I just want to take one of your assumptions about sophistication. I don't think our investigation established that she was actually particularly sophisticated with respect to classified information, and the levels and the treatment, and so far as we can tell sh..."

Desantis: "Isn't she an Original Classification Authority, though?"

Comey: "Yes, sir. Yes, sir."