• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Woman hits man on bus - watch video and decide....

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
May have been overreacting, but considering the commonality of mass transit molestations, I wouldn't hold it against her (she might just hit me for it).

Huey09

He who struggles with God
...was she overreacting, or was she justified?

[youtube]PBSYL_Th2Ts[/youtube]
Lady slaps a pervert in bus - YouTube

What would you do if you were her? Or if you were on the bus with the group?

I'm not really sure what he was doing, was he grinding his junk on her? If he was she did have a right to tell him to back off or even display some force but kicking his *** was a bit of an overkill to me. UNLESS this was a repeated offense and no one was helping her. Also if I was there I'm a US southern gentleman and I would compelled to tell the guy he needs to move before either the authorities or myself need to get involved. Cause that's how I roll! Clark Kent Style lol:super:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
He physically assaulted her.
She struck back.
Looks reasonable to me.
It was more than was needed for self-defense, but I cut slack to victims in tempering their response.
Were I on the bus, it would be complicated, since I don't know what the local law is regarding his crime & my defense of a third party.

Last edited:

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
I'm not really sure what he was doing, was he grinding his junk on her? If he was she did have a right to tell him to back off or even display some force but kicking his *** was a bit of an overkill to me. UNLESS this was a repeated offense and no one was helping her. Also if I was there I'm a US southern gentleman and I would compelled to tell the guy he needs to move before either the authorities or myself need to get involved. Cause that's how I roll! Clark Kent Style lol:super:

I saw a man pressing his pelvis up against a woman, and he then reached to brush her hair back and brushed his hand up to her neck. She swatted his hand away and gave him a stern look. He repeated the same movement, and she stood up, yelled at him, and then push him back. I do not know what was being said since I don't speak the language, but there was an argument followed by her hitting him with an umbrella.

Judging by the recording - that it was recording the scenery outside the bus first - the passenger next to the person with the recording device pointed at what was happening to show he saw something interesting. So, it's possible the man and woman was doing something of interest to the passengers before the video captured it.

I also don't know if the incident was staged or not.

That's my observations on what happened in the video. How people take the meaning of the video is what I find interesting.

Huey09

He who struggles with God
I saw a man pressing his pelvis up against a woman, and he then reached to brush her hair back and brushed his hand up to her neck. She swatted his hand away and gave him a stern look. He repeated the same movement, and she stood up, yelled at him, and then push him back. I do not know what was being said since I don't speak the language, but there was an argument followed by her hitting him with an umbrella.

Judging by the recording - that it was recording the scenery outside the bus first - the passenger next to the person with the recording device pointed at what was happening to show he saw something interesting. So, it's possible the man and woman was doing something of interest to the passengers before the video captured it.

I also don't know if the incident was staged or not.

That's my observations on what happened in the video. How people take the meaning of the video is what I find interesting.
Oh, well in that case...WHUP HIS ***!:fight:

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep

Oh, never mind. Thought the grinding part was just the bus moving or something.

She should have hit him harder.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
If that is in India it could help explain her extremish reaction .There is a rash of gang rapes happening in the streets and on buses.

Me Myself

Back to my username
I think getting away from the man would have been enough as it doesnt seem to be self defense as much of vengance. That said, I hardly hold it against her.

I think pressing charges would have been a better punishment than ephemeral physical pain, also would have been a point forwards for society in general.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Personal story:

In high school chemistry class, I was sitting across a male I was partnered with for the day with our desks pushed together to be facing each other. We were barely acquaintances, but I had no problems with him prior to that day. We discussed the subject matter, discussed things unrelated to the subject matter (mundane subjects like fast food, movies, and the like from my memory).

Suddenly, I felt his hand reach up my skirt, slide up my thigh, and make it's way toward my genitals in a matter of two seconds. He gave no notice, no hesitation, it was a sudden and direct sliding up my thigh toward my genitals.

Instinct took over. I grabbed my chemistry book and hit him across the face, jumped up from my desk, point a finger in his face and yell, "Don't you ever reach up my skirt again *******!!!"

The entire classroom was stunned. I sat back down, the teacher told everybody to stay calm and get back to work, and nothing else was said. The guy across from me never confronted me about it, but I was asked by the teacher after the class was over what happened. I recounted what happened and the teacher shrugged his shoulders and said he was just checking.

I've told the story before many times over the years, and the reactions are mixed. I was told I didn't have to assault the guy by some. Others gave me a "you go, girl" kind of reaction. When asked for my thoughts on it, the only thing I can say is that it was immediate and instinctive. There was no thought in it all. I didn't think how to break it to him gently. I felt assaulted and I immediately felt I should put a stop to it.

So when I saw the video, saw some online commentary to it, it reminded me of the conversations surrounding my own experience.

Me Myself

Back to my username
Personal story:

In high school chemistry class, I was sitting across a male I was partnered with for the day with our desks pushed together to be facing each other. We were barely acquaintances, but I had no problems with him prior to that day. We discussed the subject matter, discussed things unrelated to the subject matter (mundane subjects like fast food, movies, and the like from my memory).

Suddenly, I felt his hand reach up my skirt, slide up my thigh, and make it's way toward my genitals in a matter of two seconds. He gave no notice, no hesitation, it was a sudden and direct sliding up my thigh toward my genitals.

Instinct took over. I grabbed my chemistry book and hit him across the face, jumped up from my desk, point a finger in his face and yell, "Don't you ever reach up my skirt again *******!!!"

The entire classroom was stunned. I sat back down, the teacher told everybody to stay calm and get back to work, and nothing else was said. The guy across from me never confronted me about it, but I was asked by the teacher after the class was over what happened. I recounted what happened and the teacher shrugged his shoulders and said he was just checking.

I've told the story before many times over the years, and the reactions are mixed. I was told I didn't have to assault the guy by some. Others gave me a "you go, girl" kind of reaction. When asked for my thoughts on it, the only thing I can say is that it was immediate and instinctive. There was no thought in it all. I didn't think how to break it to him gently. I felt assaulted and I immediately felt I should put a stop to it.

So when I saw the video, saw some online commentary to it, it reminded me of the conversations surrounding my own experience.

That does sound like self defense to me.

Me Myself

Back to my username
I didnt watch the video because they were saying it isot ve clear, I read your description and for what I read I had the impression she didnt act on instinct or was doing self defense but she just took revenge, given that she had him at distance (you say she pushed him back) and hit him after argument.

Again, not terribly important given the circumstance. A single hit with the umbrella wont kill the man and supposing a great hit it will maybe break him something. Which he honestly had it coming for doing what he did.

I just think pressing charges is a more appropriate punishment when it can be done, and it will give the guy criminal record which is as it must be and more constructive for society that soon to go away physical pain punishment on a guy who will probably do it again to a girl without an umbrella.

Me Myself

Back to my username
Or justifiable outrage.

That is the emotion no doubt, but the hitting sounds like vengance.

As I said, far from terrible given the circumstances but I hope she did the useful thing and pressed charges, so other things like this to other women could be less likely coming from the same guy.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Watching her I did get a sense she was in the fight / flight condition .Her adrenaline was pumping .She felt threatened. Didn't look like "revenge" to me.Taking revenge on someone takes more premeditation and forethought than that.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
I didnt watch the video because they were saying it isot ve clear, I read your description and for what I read I had the impression she didnt act on instinct or was doing self defense but she just took revenge, given that she had him at distance (you say she pushed him back) and hit him after argument.

Again, not terribly important given the circumstance. A single hit with the umbrella wont kill the man and supposing a great hit it will maybe break him something. Which he honestly had it coming for doing what he did.

I just think pressing charges is a more appropriate punishment when it can be done, and it will give the guy criminal record which is as it must be and more constructive for society that soon to go away physical pain punishment on a guy who will probably do it again to a girl without an umbrella.

I think it's better if you watch the video. I only gave my description of it from what I observed. You might see things differently, or you might not. But I suggest watching it to get your own impression.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
What would you do if you were her? Or if you were on the bus with the group?
If I saw a man messes with my wife like that I'd break his nose, or arm, or both. If I wasn't with my wife at the time I would hope she'd do the same.
I have zero tolerance for stuff like that. Just like you, usually instincts takes over. I saw a guy only verbally harassing a girl on public transport once and I jumped him without even thinking about it. It might sound like I tried to be a knight in shining armor, but it wasn't the case, I just felt my blood boiling and before I even realized what I'm doing I grabbed him.

Me Myself

Back to my username
I think it's better if you watch the video. I only gave my description of it from what I observed. You might see things differently, or you might not. But I suggest watching it to get your own impression.

I think she did well by making a scandal and pushing him away. She looked afraid more than anything, so I assume it might be withi Dallas said about there being some gang bang epidemy there.

As I said not that terrible (she hitting the guy) , though it is good to see she reacted in fear and didnt honestly seem like vengance.

All in all not much to be done. Wasnt thst important of hits or didnt look like that and given the scenario I dont think there were many witnesses to the grab given the way the guy did it, so the hit was probably to be the only punishment for the guy there.

Understanding the language would be really interesting in this as I wonder what did the guys around said, it eouuld be very important for such a thing as this.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Judge Judy LOL>>.love her...One time this guy came in trying to sue another guy for medical bills / injuries he caused in a bar fight.The plantiff had been harrassing the defendants girlfriend and he verbally told him to get away from her the plantiff threw a drink in his face and shoved him a fight ensued and the the plantiff ended up losing the fight.

Judge Judy said "so???what do you want from me ???I dont understand what you are doing here in my court room wasting my time ....sometimes the bully gets beat up..case dismissed.