• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Women want to look sexy.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Why women like to wear sexy dresses ?

Men usually don't care about their appearance as much as women do,for example they look after make-up,high heeled shoes,color contact lenses,hair dyes ..etc

Why they need to do so ? of course not all of them doing so,but there are a great number who strive to draw the attention of others specially the men.

technomage

Finding my own way
Some women do, some do not. It is usually an error to say or to suggest "All (people of this group) do (this thing)."

As to why, many women are taught that they cannot be valuable unless they are married.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

Men usually don't care about their appearance as much as women do,for example they look after make-up,high heeled shoes,color contact lenses,hair dyes ..etc

Why they need to do so ? of course not all of them doing so,but there are a great number who strive to draw the attention of others specially the men.
Some men care.
I see how you look at me.
It takes work to look as fetching as I do.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member

I like some of the sexy dresses that are out there. I like to wear them, and I like to look at women who wear them.

I also like to look at men who groom themselves well, and who take the time to do so (they can be vain too).

And for the record, I'm particularly fascinated with men who dress like women, and look FABULOUS. :yes:

Nyingjé Tso

Tänpa Yungdrung zhab pä tän gyur jig

You mean, why SOME womens like to wear sexy dresses, make up, high heels, etc ... ?

I dunno man, I'm a woman who doesn't like to and practically never wear sexy dresses, make up, high heels, etc ... Same goes for all my friends and pretty much all the womens I know from my school and at work.

Sometimes in the street I see a woman wearing what you describe. So maybe you should ask those kind of women, since I think a big majority of womens doesn't casually go out everyday dressed like what you describe.

It's just individual tastes, that's all. Not a big deal x') It's like saying "why does all mens like to wear a moustache ?"

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member

As others have said, some do and some don't. It depends on the person in question.

A lot of the women I know don't want to"look sexy" or attract the attention of men. It's usually quite the opposite: they try not to do that due to certain religious beliefs they hold, which teach against trying to attract the attention of men they're not married to through their appearance.

By the way, I'm a male, and I definitely care about my appearance. I care about how my glasses, T-shirts, pants, and shoes look. I'm also meticulous when it comes to making sure my hair looks good and tidy, in addition to using lip balm at times to avoid lip chapping. So I don't think it's a good idea to generalize about what all members of a particular gender like or dislike. As I said, it usually depends on the given person.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
I like some of the sexy dresses that are out there. I like to wear them, and I like to look at women who wear them.

I also like to look at men who groom themselves well, and who take the time to do so (they can be vain too).

And for the record, I'm particularly fascinated with men who dress like women, and look FABULOUS. :yes:

I don't feel that i need women to look at me.

I usually wear the best of my wears for business meetings but never for women.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
But they are incomparable to women,very rare to see one man care to change his eyes color,hair color or wearing very high shoes.

Men mostly seem to have other ways of paying attention to their appearance. High heels, for example, are viewed as a female-only thing for some reason, so there's no point in a man's wearing them if he wants to look attractive. There are men who sometimes dress like women, but the majority of men don't do that.

You're not trying to argue that women cause more sexual arousal via appearance and so have more of an obligation to cover themselves than men do, right?

Triumphant_Loser

Libertarian Egalitarian

"Sexy" is a very subjective term. What if I find Ankle-length Amish dresses to be "sexy?" Also, What men have you been hanging around? I actually care a lot about my appearance. I brush my teeth, comb my hair, shave, wear deodorant, and make sure all of my clothes are clean and ironed out before I go anywhere. I am not walking out of the house looking like someone barfed in a grocery bag.:D

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Why women like to wear sexy dresses

.......... 'cos they're gotta try and catch my eye. But us blokes do it as well.
Me, for instance; when I go out to the pub I know how to dress to attract women. Why.... I have to push 'em away. Just so you understand what 'cool sex' looks like I thought I would favour you with my 'pull 'em down the pub' gear:-

th

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
"Sexy" is a very subjective term. What if I find Ankle-length Amish dresses to be "sexy?" Also, What men have you been hanging around? I actually care a lot about my appearance. I brush my teeth, comb my hair, shave, wear deodorant, and make sure all of my clothes are clean and ironed out before I go anywhere. I am not walking out of the house looking like someone barfed in a grocery bag.:D

That is normal things that every man do.

But when you want to wear an extremely high shoes or to make your face looks more red or less white,convert the color of your eyes to green instead of brown ....etc

Badran

Veteran Member
Premium Member

There are at least two issues at play here. One, a basic natural desire to look good and be attractive, which is present in all sexes, requires effort from them and to which there are exceptions (people who don't care). Two, there are differing expectations and applications as to what constitutes attractiveness and beauty in each case, which is a social issue and which differs among different cultures, and has manifested itself with a lot of variety throughout history where there were different focus points and different understandings of what constitutes beauty and attractiveness.

Today, almost universally, women have more options, basically. The standards of beauty and attractiveness in their case is more detailed and more demanding. It has developed in such a way that it requires harder work and can contain some elements that are impractical and even harmful in some cases. It's not necessarily so much that they seek more attention as it is that they have more basic levels to go through than men in order to feel good and in some cases even be accepted as attractive, unless they actively try to go against some cultural norms and social forces that lead into that direction.

It's like two people going into the same workout but where one of them is required to run four laps before hand while the other is required to run 10. All that said, like i said in the beginning, wanting to draw attention and desiring to look attractive as a basic idea is natural, and there's nothing wrong with it. Looking good and being perceived as such is an important aspect in our lives for many reasons, due to it's effects in many areas, including fundamental areas like mating.

Triumphant_Loser

Libertarian Egalitarian
That is normal things that every man do.

But when you want to wear an extremely high shoes or to make your face looks more red or less white,convert the color of your eyes to green instead of brown ....etc

None of those apply to what makes a man "sexy" though. There are other things that men do to make themselves look sexy though. (Think sleeveless shirts, tank tops, button up flannel shirts rolled up to their elbow, a suit, v-neck shirts, a well-fitting pair of blue jeans... etc.)

Sometimes I like to wear a tight-ish t-shirt that makes my arms and chest look bigger than they actually are. ;)

Last edited:

Straw Dog

Saw a foxy lady recently, huh? And now you feel frustrated and kind of wonder if this is somehow her fault?

I think it originally has to do with men being more attracted to mates through visual appearance and then this created a biological/cultural arms race between women competing to stand out visually. Having said that, I'm not sure how much of it is actually biological vs cultural. This may have only initially been the case, but now it has also become an end in-and-of itself. Women (and men) just feel good by perceiving themselves as looking good.

In contrast, it seems that women are initially attracted to men who are self-reliant, confident, pro-social, and display dominance through skill. These traits are all useful for attaining and defending resources as well as protecting a family. In turn, there's been an arms race of sorts among men for being more confident. This has excessive examples as well with men either becoming totally devoid of confidence through comparison or blindly confident and rooted in self-righteous pride rather than honest self-acceptance and self-reliance.

So, traditionally, women were concerned more with finding mates with these traits rather than appearance first and foremost. Women have a headstart in the arms race for aesthetic beauty, but I think men started too at some point after basic resources were more easily secured by everyone and we developed civilized institutions that relied less on traditional gender roles, so there's a great deal of overlap between these different desires between men and women in the modern consciousness.