• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Women want to look sexy.

CynthiaCypher

Okay, i was trying to be diplomatic but I have myself spent an hour or so in the gym, and tried to leave, smelling like three days of bad road, and have been hit on by more than one gymrat, and believe me though you haven't seen me, it wasn't my tight outfit. Pheromones, you persistent devil.

My ex-husband loves working on cars. He would walk into the house after working on one smelling of sweat, grease and Budweiser with a cocky attitude. I would melt instantly.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Okay, i was trying to be diplomatic but I have myself spent an hour or so in the gym, and tried to leave, smelling like three days of bad road, and have been hit on by more than one gymrat, and believe me though you haven't seen me, it wasn't my tight outfit. Pheromones, you persistent devil.

Are you aware that there has actually been at least one scientific study which found that most people differentiate between the odor of someone who has been working hard and the odor of someone who hasn't bathed in a few days? If I recall, the study found that people tend to rate the first sort of odor as inoffensive and the second as offensive. When I talk of poor personal hygiene, I am not talking about someone who is merely sweaty from a work-out. I don't consider that "poor personal hygiene" at all.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member

There's a difference between clean-smelling sweat and nasty BO. Like you said, sweat has pheromones in it which are a turn on.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
The way I figure it, sexiness is largely attitude, but not exclusively attitude. And there are deal breakers -- such as poor personal hygiene. I don't suppose, however, that any of that is absolutely true. There are always exceptions. So, I'm sure there are times when someone who stinks like a week dead bucket of fish impresses someone else as being the sexiest creature alive. I just think such occasions are in all likelihood relatively rare.

Triumphant_Loser

Libertarian Egalitarian
Not necessarily. A womon can be fat, homely, and stink, but she can be sexy as hell if she has the right attitude.

The size and homeliness I can handle, but the stink I absolutely cannot. There is not a greater turn-off to me in the world than a woman or man that does not use proper hygiene!:no:

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
There's a difference between clean-smelling sweat and nasty BO. Like you said, sweat has pheromones in it which are a turn on.

I agree.

I once saw a report about hetero/bi women who when ovulating were turned on more by a man's sweaty shirt than if they were at other points of their cycle. Also, a little-known secret about using phermones to your advantage....when ovulating, a woman can dab a little bit of her own secretions onto her pulse points, go out in public, and watch as she attracts far more people than normal.

It's an evolutionary part of our mate-selection process. Scents that include phermones are super-powerful attractors.

Triumphant_Loser

Libertarian Egalitarian
I agree.

I once saw a report about hetero/bi women who when ovulating were turned on more by a man's sweaty shirt than if they were at other points of their cycle. Also, a little-known secret about using phermones to your advantage....when ovulating, a woman can dab a little bit of her own secretions onto her pulse points, go out in public, and watch as she attracts far more people than normal.

It's an evolutionary part of our mate-selection process. Scents that include phermones are super-powerful attractors.

I'm not female, but yes... something about sweaty guys in t-shirts... I just...unffff.:drool:

roger1440

I do stuff
Why women like to wear sexy dresses ?

Men usually don't care about their appearance as much as women do,for example they look after make-up,high heeled shoes,color contact lenses,hair dyes ..etc

Why they need to do so ? of course not all of them doing so,but there are a great number who strive to draw the attention of others specially the men.
Well, if there weren’t any men “sexy dresses” wouldn’t exist, would they?

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
If the world were made of only lesbians, there would be no dresses...only flannel. Jk... I'm sorry... I had to! :eek:

Reminds me...my mom used to work at Macy's in San Francisco and she said that all the women working at the MAC counter were lesbians. They all looked like models and thought it was so funny when men would hit on them.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
The size and homeliness I can handle, but the stink I absolutely cannot. There is not a greater turn-off to me in the world than a woman or man that does not use proper hygiene!

You can still handle the stink. :D

guaranteed-100-3M-8210-dust-mask-n95-mask.jpg

Monk Of Reason

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Men usually don't care about their appearance as much as women do,for example they look after make-up,high heeled shoes,color contact lenses,hair dyes ..etc

Why they need to do so ? of course not all of them doing so,but there are a great number who strive to draw the attention of others specially the men.

Because our evolution has shaped what we view in the sexes. Women have not traditionally been in the role of being prizes to men who work to win them.

Though it has far more to do with the patriarchal dehumanization and idolization of women throughout the ages. So much so that it seems to be ingrained in our society nearly to its core.

chinu

chinu
Like, Some men take care for his property such as Car, Bank-Balance, House.. etc. and always want to keep it up and well maintained because it increases his value within the society.

Similarly, for some women, their body is only the property due to which they are famous in the society, and they always want to keep it up by things such as make-up, high heeled shoes, colour contact lenses, hair dyes.. etc. because it increases their value within the society.

And of course such women can pay anything for the sake of their Body(property) to be well maintained. And that's the reason why so many beauty-parlours/saloons are running very successfully all over the world these days. :D

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
You mean, why SOME womens like to wear sexy dresses, make up, high heels, etc ... ?

Sometimes in the street I see a woman wearing what you describe. So maybe you should ask those kind of women, since I think a big majority of womens doesn't casually go out everyday dressed like what you describe.

Excuse me for reducing your post....

One way of assessing what many women prefer is to watch how BBC TV News Readers dress, maybe? A few wear neckline clothing, but many wear plunging necklines as far as the cleavage curve.

Cleavage exposure is quite common. Might I attempt to prove this to you? Your chosen Cat Avatar is female, possibly? Would you like to inspect how far its gown plunges from its neckline?

jayabholenath.gif

Last edited:

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One

the media portray such women as being successful and desirable. So many woman fall into the trap of thinking that such a 'look' will bring them success and happiness.

For a man, that success and happiness comes from earning a high wage...so they seek to earn more and more money because they think it will make them successful and happy.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Blaming the media for the desire to look sexy seems to ignore the fact people desired to look sexy long before the rise of the modern media. For instance: Cosmetics have been in use at least since the ancient Egyptians, and almost certainly before that. At most, the modern media adds fuel to the fire and perhaps shapes what is stylish, but the fire itself has been burning forever.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
By the way, I'm a male, and I definitely care about my appearance. I care about how my glasses, T-shirts, pants, and shoes look. I'm also meticulous when it comes to making sure my hair looks good and tidy, in addition to using lip balm at times to avoid lip chapping.

However, I've noticed you have an alarming tendency to leave your zipper unzipped -- especially when near a fire hydrant.