• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Women want to look sexy.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
None of those apply to what makes a man "sexy" though. There are other things that men do to make themselves look sexy though. (Think sleeveless shirts, tank tops, button up flannel shirts rolled up to their elbow, a suit, v-neck shirts, a well-fitting pair of blue jeans... etc.)

Sometimes I like to wear a tight-ish t-shirt that makes my arms and chest look bigger than they actually are. ;)

Rationally speaking women make more efforts to attract men,they try to change what their actual look are,such as i said changing the color of their eyes,hair...etc.

What is the purpose ? i don't think just to get married because even married women are doing the same stuff. :shrug:

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
Why women like to wear sexy dresses ?

Men usually don't care about their appearance as much as women do,for example they look after make-up,high heeled shoes,color contact lenses,hair dyes ..etc

Why they need to do so ? of course not all of them doing so,but there are a great number who strive to draw the attention of others specially the men.

I see somebody never got the birds and the bees talk.

Triumphant_Loser

Libertarian Egalitarian
I see somebody never got the birds and the bees talk.

In all fairness, the "birds and the bees" talk of religious families is a lot different, and usually go somewhere along the lines of "if your pee-pee gets hard, then God is going to kill you and throw you in hell." I once had a sunday-school teacher that literally told me if you have too much sex, then your penis rots off... I **** you not!

Last edited by a moderator:

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
In addition to what everyone's been saying about not all women being the same, there is also this:

In general, current cultural expectations, enforced by a barrage of marketing, are very highly focused upon women in the arena of physical beauty. Little girls are basically raised in the expectation that they must dress fashionably, wear makeup, keep their hair in a perfect state, etc.

It's often hard to flaunt these cultural conventions. Personally, I'm a jeans and t-shirt, and climb trees sort of girl. I wear my hair in a messy bun 90% of the time. I have never dyed my hair. I bite my nails when they need to be trimmed. And I have no clue how to apply make-up.

And usually I'm pretty pleased with my appearance. But there are still circumstances in which I feel uncomfortable or inadequate and wish I knew how to do all those things so that I was appropriately appareled for the occasion. That's just sorta how society works.

Also note: That while right now society focuses on females, it's not always the case. Men used to have elaborate beauty routines as well. Powdered wigs anyone?

Amechania

Daimona of the Helpless
If you're sexy and you know it, slap your.......Everyone, men and women, like to be thought of as sexy. You can dress in an attempt to convince yourself your sexy but sexy is as sexy does. It's all in the mind. A sidelong glance can be sexy. A bad attitude can be sexy. A slight smile can be sexy. Nobody can really define sexy, but everybody knows what it is.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Why women like to wear sexy dresses ?

Men usually don't care about their appearance as much as women do,for example they look after make-up,high heeled shoes,color contact lenses,hair dyes ..etc

Why they need to do so ? of course not all of them doing so,but there are a great number who strive to draw the attention of others specially the men.

A woman's ability to pick and choose from a relatively large number of potential mates significantly -- although not entirely -- depends on her looks. In other words, her ability to exercise reproductive choice is somewhat correlated with how sexy she looks.

Amechania

Daimona of the Helpless
A woman's ability to pick and choose from a relatively large number of potential mates significantly -- although not entirely -- depends on her looks. In other words, her ability to exercise reproductive choice is somewhat correlated with how sexy she looks.

Not necessarily. A womon can be fat, homely, and stink, but she can be sexy as hell if she has the right attitude.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
Speak for yourself. I care about how I look and I certainly want to look good for those I seek to attract. A lot of guys put a lot of stock into their looks, from grooming to working out to clothes.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Not necessarily. A womon can be fat, homely, and stink, but she can be sexy as hell if she has the right attitude.

I agree that attitude accounts for the majority of what goes into sexiness. But I am profoundly skeptical of your notion that someone with poor hygiene is likely to be perceived as sexy by most people. Maybe some losers will hit on her, though.

Amechania

Daimona of the Helpless
I agree that attitude accounts for the majority of what goes into sexiness. But I am profoundly skeptical of your notion that someone with poor hygiene is likely to be perceived as sexy by most people. Maybe some losers will hit on her, though.

I've seen it time and time again: Some ugly skank on the make strolls into the bar and walks out with someone hot, on attitude alone. You can protest all you like, but we both know what the truth is. All the pretty coquettes just roll their eyes and go home alone.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I've seen it time and time again: Some ugly skank on the make strolls into the bar and walks out with someone hot, on attitude alone. You can protest all you like, but we both know what the truth is. All the pretty coquettes just roll their eyes and go home alone.

In a bar? LOL! Haven't you ever heard the old adage, "Everyone looks beautiful at closing time." Besides, attracting a one night stand, and attracting a longer term mate are two very different chores.

ametist

Because seeing woman sexy (identified with its sex before anything else ) and enjoying it that way is a man's choice and work and because production and media is controlled by man, being sexy is promoted greatly and thus is bought by women.

As a man if you are seeing anything sexy congratulate yourself :) As a woman you have no option but to think you have chosen it that way which is not false because your man does choose it that way. :)

Amechania

Daimona of the Helpless
In a bar? LOL! Haven't you ever heard the old adage, "Everyone looks beautiful at closing time." Besides, attracting a one night stand, and attracting a longer term mate are two very different chores.

You would think. One night stands are rarer than you think. We are talking about sexy, and a one-nighter is part of that conversation. I'm not talking about closing time, BTW. It happens in no time, and early and often.

A long-term relationship involves non-sexual considerations, but even then, how many people do you know who others would judge are physically mismatched remain together?

Last edited:

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
You would think. One night stands are rarer than you think. We are talking about sexy, and a one-nighter is part of that conversation. I'm not talking about closing time, BTW. It happens in no time, and early and often.

A long-term relationship involves nex-sexual considerations but even then, how many people do you know who others would judge are physically mismatched remain together?

Well, you might find a woman who stinks sexy, but speak for yourself. I wouldn't touch a woman who stinks -- without having first consumed at least 9/10ths of a bottle of scotch.

Amechania

Daimona of the Helpless
Well, you might find a woman who stinks sexy, but speak for yourself. I wouldn't touch a woman who stinks -- without having first consumed at least 9/10ths of a bottle of scotch.

Well, "stinks" was pure hyperbole, and i never thought it would be what would stand out in my silly little post. Obviously, most people will wear scent, and put out a pleasing stink.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Well, "stinks" was pure hyperbole, and i never thought it would be what would stand out in my silly little post. Obviously, most people will wear scent, and put out a pleasing stink.

That strikes me as a pretty lame excuse for taking back your own words. But whatever. Do you really think a person with poor personal hygiene is generally considered sexy simply because of his or her attitude -- outside the context of a bar?

Amechania

Daimona of the Helpless
That strikes me as a pretty lame excuse for taking back your own words. But whatever. Do you really think a person with poor personal hygiene is generally considered sexy simply because of his or her attitude -- outside the context of a bar?

Okay, i was trying to be diplomatic but I have myself spent an hour or so in the gym, and tried to leave, smelling like three days of bad road, and have been hit on by more than one gymrat, and believe me though you haven't seen me, it wasn't my tight outfit. Pheromones, you persistent devil.