• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Women want to look sexy.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Taking it to the very basic.....
I was watching an episode about primate behavior.

Some species .....the female will parade herself before the male seeking favor and protection.
She will do so on her toes looking back over her shoulder.

just saying....

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
Taking it to the very basic.....
I was watching an episode about primate behavior.

Some species .....the female will parade herself before the male seeking favor and protection.
She will do so on her toes looking back over her shoulder.

just saying....

The vast majority of the animal world has the male as the gaudy provocateur.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
The vast majority of the animal world has the male as the gaudy provocateur.

Yeah...birds seem to really get on with it.

But as we 'apes' come and go.....

And I hope I offended no one by my recent post.
It's just a reality check I spotted as I was channel hopping.

That modern woman has a 'tick' of a technique long standing doesn't bother me.

High heels and a shapely leg?.....oh yeah!
And do the ladies notice when they are noticed?.....oh yeah.

All is well.

Last edited:

HexBomb

Some do, some don't. Usually people have to point out to me when someone is 'checking me out.'

Personally, I think that's a stupid reason to wear heels. I like heels because they help me keep my posture and change my balance to the toes rather than the instep, which keeps me from slouching in on myself, strengthens my calves and makes me more graceful.

illykitty

RF's pet cat
Personally, I think that's a stupid reason to wear heels. I like heels because they help me keep my posture and change my balance to the toes rather than the instep, which keeps me from slouching in on myself, strengthens my calves and makes me more graceful.

They cause tons of issues. Yes your posture is changed, not always for the best.

I like heeled shoes because of what they look like and what they make me look like but I don't wear them often. They're like modern foot binding. :cover:

HexBomb

They cause tons of issues. Yes your posture is changed, not always for the best.

I like heeled shoes because of what they look like and what they make me look like but I don't wear them often. They're like modern foot binding. :cover:

A lot of that depends on the type of heel and the height. Stilettos are the worst, and I can't so much as hobble in them. However, I can't walk a straight line in sneakers, or walk so much as a mile without tripping in flats. I can, however, do a full day of running around like an idiot in a lab class in Victorian-kitten-heeled boots without so much as falling. It does, in part, depend on the person. For me, because of my hypertonia and the curvature in my spine, I need some sort of heels to keep my calf muscles from deciding they don't want to wither (walking toe-heel works the gastrocnemius muscle from 76-78% more than heel-toe walking) and to stave off looking like Quasimodo, and prevent shin splints.

(There's also some evidence that high heels strengthen the pelvic floor and help stave off female incontinence.)

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member

It doesn't have to be like that.

Wearing uncomfortable high heels every day can be very damaging. But if they are worn only occasionally and/or in more comfortable ways, they can be very fine. That article you linked to, even states this (emphasis added):

"Do You Have to Give Up Your Heels?
No, but to avoid the problems that develop over time, Dr. Nevins recommends the following routines:"

So for example wearing heels everyday can shorten the Achilles tendon. But then wearing flats most days and heels only sometimes, that Achilles tendon gets regularly stretched out, and the foot stays healthy.

This is why I personally only wear heels that I find to be comfortable, that are not too tall, that are usually open-toe (to avoid any confinement), and only once in a while.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Some do, some don't. Usually people have to point out to me when someone is 'checking me out.'

And this draws attention.

Whether you are paying 'attention' or not.....as you have noted.

You are using that 'tick' I mentioned earlier.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Even when I was strictly heterosexual and very much into women, I always thought high heels were goofy looking. Open-toed sandals and flats were more pleasing to look at...

you were strictly heterosexual !!!
What that means ?
Aren't you now

Gehennaite

you were strictly heterosexual !!!
What that means ?
Aren't you now
I really do not like being referred to as homo- or bi- because that usually comes with the empty connotation that I find masculinity sexually attractive (which is untrue). It's called gynandromorphophilia...

It's the effeminate aesthetics that I like...

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
Yeah...birds seem to really get on with it.

But as we 'apes' come and go.....

And I hope I offended no one by my recent post.
It's just a reality check I spotted as I was channel hopping.

That modern woman has a 'tick' of a technique long standing doesn't bother me.

All is well.

No offense taken. Just exchange of information. :cool:

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
A bout being strict.

Just for clarification (based on my understanding of how the word was used in that post, anyway): "Strictly" in that context doesn't mean "rigorously"; it means "only" or "exclusively." So the word just means that the person (thought he) was exclusively attracted to people of the opposite sex but that this is no longer the case.

The author of the post is free to correct me if I'm wrong about its intended meaning.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
There's a problem with being less than fully heterosexual? Somewhere between heterosexual and bisexual?

I didn't understand what he meant by saying strictly heterosexual.
But i understand now that some men can work for both (multifunction)