• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Women want to look sexy.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
Of course not all women,still there are many women who dress well but not intended to look sexier or prettier,i think those kind of women have more confidence about themselves and don't care about men's eyes and minds.

Pret9-New-Casual-Wear-Dress-Collection-2013-For-Women-3.jpg

What the hell is she wearing? An embroidered potato sack?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Who was it who said, "Men think women dress for them, but actually women dress for other women"?

work in progress

Thats true and a good point,it proves that they strive to look sexier. :yes:

I read one article but i can't find it that some tribes in Africa their men are attracted to fat women and hence their women are in race to get fatter to satisfy and attract men,crazy world indeed.:shrug:
There are some obvious, basic and likely universal constants when it comes to the things that men find desirable and physically attractive in women: clear skin, an hourglass figure - that tell us at an unconscious level a lot about a woman's health and reproductive capacity; and then there are some physical traits like the faulty genes that led to blonde hair and blue eyes. Blonde hair is likely a neutral trait, but blue eyes make someone more prone to catararcts and other eye diseases later in life. But both genetic traits correlate with mothers who have higher estrogen levels than average. And that's likely how these characteristics, which first appeared about 11,000 years ago, according to geneticists, became a regular part of some European populations. Even in Scandanavia - where the stereotypical look is blonde hair and blue eyes, these two traits are only found in a little over 10% of the general population. The theory that these traits came about through adaptation to northern climates with less sunlight, doesn't explain why they aren't universal in those populations, so the most likely theory today is that they are the product of sexual selection.

In the West, the ideals of women's beauty have changed a lot over the centuries...judging by comparing what is considered ideal today, with paintings of the Renaissance. Even the ideal female body type has changed in the last 50 years, just by comparing the female movie stars from today with days gone by.

The point of my previous post was that we have gone way past the stage where women were just trying to live up to men's expectations. Now, the toxic influence of consumer capitalism has ramped up those expectations through the non-stop barrage of advertising messaging directed at women - which target their sense of body image. The ads directed at young men attack other notions of masculinity in attempts to increase product demand, but the marketing at women has led to girls with eating disorders long before they reach puberty.

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
There's a fairly new co-worker in my organization, and I must say he has a pretty good fashion sense. In terms of formality, he dresses a step above what other men generally wear in the organization, and usually with some interesting picks. Like today he had these pretty cool kind of hipster leather shoes along with his great outfit. I'm not sure how to classify them, but they were pretty sweet.

A female co-worker complimented him on them, saying they look really nice, and asking what brand and all that. He's like, "thanks!" and started talking about them, how they're actually his second pair from this brand because he thinks they look great, etc. He got them in New York.

I was angry though. It seems totally inappropriate that he would wear this kind of stuff just to try to attract us to him. Why else would he wear them? I mean it's a work environment; we have work to do.

Who does he think he is? :sarcastic

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
There's a fairly new co-worker in my organization, and I must say he has a pretty good fashion sense. In terms of formality, he dresses a step above what other men generally wear in the organization, and usually with some interesting picks. Like today he had these pretty cool kind of hipster leather shoes along with his great outfit. I'm not sure how to classify them, but they were pretty sweet.

A female co-worker complimented him on them, saying they look really nice, and asking what brand and all that. He's like, "thanks!" and started talking about them, how they're actually his second pair from this brand because he thinks they look great, etc. He got them in New York.

I was angry though. It seems totally inappropriate that he would wear this kind of stuff just to try to attract us to him. Why else would he wear them? I mean it's a work environment; we have work to do.

Sluts like him are basically out to destroy marriages, in my experience. That is, when they're not climbing to the top on their bellies, if you get my drift.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Sluts like him are basically out to destroy marriages, in my experience. That is, when they're not climbing to the top on their bellies, if you get my drift.

I can't frubal you. But I'm LMAO right now because you actually went there. :D

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member

He sounds obnoxious. How dare he pull the focus of good honest women who are just trying to work!

Or some men's focus, too.

Lesbians don't count.

Alceste

Vagabond

I know, right? I'm working on a film set and there's this one guy who obviously works out, gels his hair, shaves every day, etc. Today he had the cheek to show up in shorts, basically just inviting everyone to ogle his gorgeously sculpted calves. It's so distracting. How am I supposed to get any work done, and why does he feel the need to dress like that?

HexBomb

Why women like to wear sexy dresses ?

I like to feel as though I am sexy. It makes me feel more confident about myself.

Men usually don't care about their appearance as much as women do,for example they look after make-up,high heeled shoes,color contact lenses,hair dyes ..etc

Women tend to be judged more on their appearance than men, in my experience. However, I henna my hair because I don't like my haircolor. I wear high heels because they change my balance, I even like corsets because of the way they feel.

Why they need to do so ? of course not all of them doing so,but there are a great number who strive to draw the attention of others specially the men.

How do you know? Have you surveyed all women? Dressing a certain way to attract someone is silly. If they only like you because you dress like XYZ, they aren't the kind of person you want to attract, in my experience.