• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Women want to look sexy.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Compare this picture to the previous one.

Do you think women who wear sexy,doesn't mean that they want to look sexy.

images

The picture seems to be of a model posing next to a car (a practice I view as a clear example of objectification in advertising), so that's not representative of the majority of women at all.

Let me put this differently: When you like a woman's appearance and find her attractive, do you automatically assume that she meant to appear "sexy"? What if she didn't mean that and it's just you who perceives her that way? Have you considered that possibility?

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
The picture seems to be of a model posing next to a car (a practice I view as a clear example of objectification in advertising), so that's not representative of the majority of women at all.

Let me put this differently: When you like a woman's appearance and find her attractive, do you automatically assume that she meant to appear "sexy"? What if she didn't mean that and it's just you who perceives her that way? Have you considered that possibility?

I don't know what is in their minds,but i can't see it in different way other than the fact that they want to look sexy regardless of what is their purpose,whether to attract others or just to look pretty and sexy for themselves.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't know what is in their minds,but i can't see it in different way other than the fact that they want to look sexy regardless of what is their purpose,whether to attract others or just to look pretty and sexy for themselves.

Is desiring to maintain a good appearance necessarily tied to attempting to sexually attract other people, in your opinion? Do you never dress well unless you're looking for a potential partner?

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
But Imo, this picture seem to be a female-buffalo who is waiting for male-buffalo to raise-up on her back :D

I think certain types of advertisements are primarily aimed at lonely bachelors. I have a feeling my theory is being corroborated here.

chinu

chinu
Is desiring to maintain a good appearance necessarily tied to attempting to sexually attract other people, in your opinion? Do you never dress well unless you're looking for a potential partner?
Sometime people also dress-up to show that my partner is satisfied with me. :D

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind

Depends on the wear,women can look attractive and maintain a good appearance without the need for sexy dress.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Depends on the wear,women can look attractive and maintain a good appearance without the need for sexy dress.

Not everyone shares the same view of what constitutes "sexy." Some people are attracted to bare feet and swoon over uncovered hair, but it doesn't mean all women who show their feet and/or hair aim to impress or attract those people. Actually, it would be laughable to make that assumption about certain women I know as well as many others.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Not everyone shares the same view of what constitutes "sexy." Some people are attracted to bare feet and swoon over uncovered hair, but it doesn't mean all women who show their feet and/or hair aim to impress or attract those people. Actually, it would be laughable to make that assumption about certain women I know as well as many others.

Bare feet and uncovered here is sexy for some men. :facepalm:

How bare feet and hair is sexy ?
WOW,What a sexy hair.

Last edited:

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Bare feet and uncovered here is sexy for some men. :facepalm:

How bare feet and hair is sexy ?

Some people have a fetish for feet. I don't find bare feet or uncovered hair to be attractive per se, and it sounds like you don't either. However, there are men who do.

In your opinion, is a woman who goes out with bare feet and uncovered hair necessarily trying to attract those men? Why or why not?

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Some people have a fetish for feet. I don't find bare feet or uncovered hair to be attractive per se, and it sounds like you don't either. However, there are men who do.

In your opinion, is a woman who goes out with bare feet and uncovered hair necessarily trying to attract those men? Why or why not?

So those kind of men say "what a wonderful sexy hair and i can't resist your naked foot.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
So those kind of men say "what a wonderful sexy hair and i can't resist your naked foot.

Yes, things along those lines, and I have personally heard similar comments (most of which were about hair).

Now, what's your answer to the question I asked you in the previous post?