• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Worst film of all time?

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
Any move that practically ends someone's career has to be bad. It really sucked. I couldn't get past the stupidness of the plot at all.

I've never understood all the hatin' on Waterworld. I enjoyed it. Well, most of it anyway. It's like they ran out of steam at the end and just decided they needed big explosions. But I don't think it was the worst or stupidest of all time.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
Worst film of all time... well, are we including the hundreds of films that MST3K has riffed on? 'Cause Monster A Go Go is a pretty freaking' BAD movie.

There's also a strange thing about bad movies. Bad as in so bad they're enjoyable? (Plan 9 From Outer Space) Just so much of a train wreck that you can't stop watching despite the fact that it's just so atrocious? (Battlefield Earth) Just bland and boring with nothing actually happening? (Twilight)

'Cause if you ask me, the worst thing that can happen to a movie is to be just mediocre. Nothing of note. Not so bad that it stands out in badness, yet nothing wonderful, insightful, funny, or anything necessarily "good" about it, even to make fun of, to the point where the film is just kinda... there.

Last edited:

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
I think showgirls is a good gulity pleasure film, so bad it was kind of good.

That's how I feel about The Room. It's so laughable because it's so utterly horrible.

Showgirls made me want to cry and hide my face from embarrassment. Not a guilty pleasure film at all for me. :no:

Titanic

That's how I feel about The Room. It's so laughable because it's so utterly horrible.

Showgirls made me want to cry and hide my face from embarrassment. Not a guilty pleasure film at all for me. :no:

Well i mean with showgirls, there's women ever were so yeah what more could you want?

Titanic

but still as far as gulity pleasure film's go showgirls is still my favorite, I guess i am partial to it cause it was the first nc-17 film i ever watched.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Good call!
(It's also known as "Butterball" because.....nah.....ain't going there.)
I thought it was pretentious, boring & stupid.

I had a very difficult time continuing to watch it. It got such good reviews, and I kept thing something was going to happen, but it never did.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Blair Witch Project (first one)

That was truly beyond awful and not even remotely scary.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I had a very difficult time continuing to watch it. It got such good reviews, and I kept thing something was going to happen, but it never did.
Methinks it's one of those 'films' which allows critics to read pompous meanings into.

Kerr

Skyline is one. Basically, its a movie about an alien invasion. Why do the aliens invade Earth? Is it our water? Our resources? Because they want slaves? No. They invade... TO STEAL OUR BRAINS!!!

EDIT:

Did I mention their brains glow blue? You notice when someone kills an alien with an axe, and when they pull it out it has a giant glowing brain on it.

Last edited: