• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Would anyone here really want to live under a theocracy?

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Genocide is the deliberate attempt to kill every last man, woman, and child of a race, ethnicity, nationality, or religion. The IDF is not pursuing genocide. Hamas is. Nuff said.

Yesterday, I heard an interesting point: this attitude that you and other IDF supporters express toward Hamas is in line with some of the markers of fascism that Umberto Eco described:

7. The obsession with a plot. “The followers must feel besieged. The easiest way to solve the plot is the appeal to xenophobia.”

8. The enemy is both weak and strong. “[…] the followers must be convinced that they can overwhelm the enemies. Thus, by a continuous shifting of rhetorical focus, the enemies are at the same time too strong and too weak.”

Hamas isn't pursuing genocide and isn't in a position to carry out genocide even if it tried.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
I can only call this delusional
Seriously? They drop leaflets where they are going to bomb in order to help civilians move out of the area first. In one case, they waited DAYS to enter a hospital in order that the hospital could first be evacuated. They do not do things like carpet bomb, but target Hamas strongholds and tunnels. Perhaps the delusion is on the other side.

IndigoChild5559

They just happen to be doing everything consistent with ethnic cleansing... accidentally? Right. :rolleyes:
Again, ethnic cleansing aka genocide is the deliberate targeting of a population in order to drive them to extinction. That is NOT what the IDF is doing. The IDF targets Hamas HQ, tunnels, and ammunition depots. They do not target civilians. The collateral damage that is done as a result of Hamas embedding in the midst of civilians is not the same thing as genocide; it's not even a war crime.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
It is in THEIR CHARTER, Article 7, to kill all the Jews. That is the very essence of genocide.

The 1988 charter, which has been superseded by their 2017 charter?

The passage in the 1988 charter that talks about killing Jews is a quote from the Qur'an. Do you feel this way about everyone who proclaims the Qur'an as true?

Why do you believe that Hamas is pursuing - and is capable of - genocide now?

IndigoChild5559

The 1988 charter, which has been superseded by their 2017 charter?

The passage in the 1988 charter that talks about killing Jews is a quote from the Qur'an. Do you feel this way about everyone who proclaims the Qur'an as true?

Why do you believe that Hamas is pursuing - and is capable of - genocide now?
People who quote THAT section of the Quran are speaking of the genocide of Jews.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Again, ethnic cleansing aka genocide is the deliberate targeting of a population in order to drive them to extinction.

No, ethnic cleansing also includes clearing people of a particular ethnicity or nationality from an area... like what's happening in Gaza right now.

That is NOT what the IDF is doing. The IDF targets Hamas HQ, tunnels, and ammunition depots. They do not target civilians. The collateral damage that is done as a result of
Hamas embedding in the midst of civilians is not the same thing as genocide; it's not even a war crime.

Sounds a bit naïve. We'll see what war crimes there were once the dust has settled and the International Criminal Court gets to render a decision.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Again, the IDF is not going after Gazans. It is going after Hamas.
Killing 23,000 civilians while "not going after" them is quite the feat. Do you chalk this up to incompetence or negligence?

Screenshot_20231214_152552_Instagram.jpg

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I don’t think that is accurate, according to the scriptures.
…Behold, the day of the Lord is coming,
And your spoil will be divided in your midst.
2 For I will gather all the nations to battle against Jerusalem;
The city shall be taken,
The houses rifled,
And the women ravished.
Half of the city shall go into captivity,
But the remnant of the people shall not be cut off from the city.
3 Then the Lord will go forth
And fight against those nations,
As He fights in the day of battle.
4 And in that day His feet will stand on the Mount of Olives,
Which faces Jerusalem on the east.
And the Mount of Olives shall be split in two,
From east to west,
Making a very large valley;
Half of the mountain shall move toward the north
And half of it toward the south.
5 Then you shall flee through My mountain valley,
For the mountain valley shall reach to Azal.
Yes, you shall flee
As you fled from the earthquake
In the days of Uzziah king of Judah.
Thus the Lord my God will come,
And all the saints with You.
6 It shall come to pass in that day
That there will be no light;
The lights will diminish
7 It shall be one day
Which is known to the Lord—
Neither day nor night.
But at evening time it shall happen
That it will be light.
8 And in that day it shall be
That living waters shall flow from Jerusalem,
Half of them toward the eastern sea
And half of them toward the western sea;
In both summer and winter it shall occur.
9 And the Lord shall be King over all the earth.
In that day it shall be—
“The Lord is one,”
And His name one.
Zechariah 14:1-9
Thank you for your reply.
Once Satan is abyssed - Rev. 20:1-3,7 - that is when blessings will flow during Christ's 1,000 yr. reign over Earth - Rev. 22:2
The Jerusalem of Zephaniah 14:8-9 thus is now from heavenly Jerusalem, Not earthly. - Rev. 20
Thus, the ' living waters ' (Rev. 22:1-2) ' the water of life', flows from the heavenly seat of the Messianic Kingdom (thy kingdom come.....)
This life-giving waters is for the great crowd of sheep-like ones - Matthew 25:31-34,37; Rev. 7:14 - and resurrected ones - John 6:40,44
ALL enemies wiped out by the words from Jesus' mouth - Isaiah 11:3-4; Rev. 19:14-15
Jeremiah 25:31-33 sheds some more light on this - Rev. 19:17-19
Earthly Jerusalem is thus symbolic of heavenly Jerusalem, so the mount of olives in front of Jerusalem also symbolic.- Zech. 14:3-5
Thus, how would it be split at the middle and become two (2) mountains, or even why refer to two mountains at verse 4.
Since mountains in the Bible can represent kingdoms or governments then, blessings and protection also associated with God's mountain.
So, the mountain of the olive trees on which God stands to the east of earthly Jerusalem very well represents God's Sovereignty, His Supreme Rulership with Christ as King of God's Kingdom/government for a thousand years - 1st Corinthians 15:24-26

IndigoChild5559

Killing 23,000 civilians while "not going after" them is quite the feat. Do you chalk this up to incompetence or negligence?
First of all, I think it is ridiculous that you take the word of the Hamas connected Gazan Health Ministry, as they have ALREADY been caught exaggerating deaths over 10x the actual amount. This is the group that lied and said Israel had bombed the hospital, that the hospital was destroyed, and that some 500 people had died. It turns out that the explosion was caused by an Islamic Jihad rocket, that it hit the parking lot and not the hospital, that the hospital was up and running rather than destroyed, and that deaths were somewhere between 12-50 people. So basically, if they are claiming 23,000 are dead, the true numbers are probably closer to 2000.

Now let's talk about where to place the blame for those deaths. It is Hamas which chooses to imbed among civilians. I have news for you. It is not a war crime if civilians die when the enemy is embedded like that. The responsibility for ALL those deaths rests squarely on Hamas.