• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Would anyone here really want to live under a theocracy?

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
So it is your opinion that it is not extreme to support hamas, biological males competing against women in sports, or to teach that all whites are racist? Really?
Read your post and my post again and then ask yourself if your post is a fair rephrasing of what I said.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Every single person I have talked to who wants to live under a theocracy only wants to live under a theocracy if it is their theocracy.
Yeah... but the thing about theocracies is that you don't get to choose the religion you're living under.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
I can't imagine that you've looked at your dictionary's definition of "genocide" if you're going to say things like that.
Genocide is the deliberate attempt to kill every last man, woman, and child of a race, ethnicity, nationality, or religion. The IDF is not pursuing genocide. Hamas is. Nuff said.

IndigoChild5559

Read your post and my post again and then ask yourself if your post is a fair rephrasing of what I said.
It is. I've chosen the term EXTREME left, meaning leftists who hold extremist positions. I gave a short list of three such positions. By saying they are not extreme left, you are disagreeing with my assertion that they are extreme.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Genocide is the deliberate attempt to kill every last man, woman, and child of a race, ethnicity, nationality, or religion. The IDF is not pursuing genocide. Hamas is. Nuff said.
From the dictionary you cited as an "authority":
genocide
noun [ C or U ]

US /ˈdʒen.ə.saɪd/
UK /ˈdʒen.ə.saɪd/

the crime of intentionally destroying part or all of a national, ethnic, racial, or religious group, by killing people or by other methods
What the IDF is doing certainly seems to fit that definition.

... but perhaps you're hair-splitting between genocide and ethnic cleansing:

ethnic cleansing
noun [ U ]

US /ˌeθ.nɪk ˈklen.zɪŋ/
UK /ˌeθ.nɪk ˈklen.zɪŋ/

the organized, often violent attempt by a particular cultural or racial group to completely remove from a country or area all members of a different group

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
It is. I've chosen the term EXTREME left, meaning leftists who hold extremist positions.
... not the more rational meaning: i.e. holding positions that are extremely left of centre. Weird.

I gave a short list of three such positions. By saying they are not extreme left, you are disagreeing with my assertion that they are extreme.
No, I haven't spoken to that question at all.

IndigoChild5559

From the dictionary you cited as an "authority":

What the IDF is doing certainly seems to fit that definition.

... but perhaps you're hair-splitting between genocide and ethnic cleansing:
Nope, IDF doesn't meet those definitions. It is not trying to destroy the Palestinian people. Indeed it is doing everything it can to reduce civilian deaths.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Nope, IDF doesn't meet those definitions. It is not trying to destroy the Palestinian people.

It's trying to drive them out of northern Gaza to make room for Israeli settlements.

Indeed it is doing everything it can to reduce civilian deaths.
The IDF is killing children at a higher rate than the Nazis did at the height of the Holocaust, but you think this isn't on purpose? Come on.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
.......................It is unfortunate that people are more interested in avoiding the label and showing offence than they are in correcting those behaviors.
Yes, in 'Not wanting' to correct those behaviors and being limited or influenced by human greed, prejudice, imperfection, etc. all leading to disappointment because humans are limited by life span in what they can or want to accomplish.
The use of force can't force hatred out of the heart - Jeremiah 10:23; 17:9
Today's attitude and actions as described at 2nd Timothy 3:1-4,13 reads like the daily news that Bible behavior guidelines are ignored.
Ignored on a grand-international scale as never before in man's long history.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
No, I wouldn’t want to live under a theocracy ruled or led by human beings. I think the only beneficial theocracy will occur when Jesus returns and reigns from Jerusalem as Kings of kings and Lord of lords.
Since Pentecost I find New Jerusalem is heavenly in location.
The seat of government is 'above' heavenly - Galatians 4:26
Jesus does Not come to a literal Jerusalem on Earth - John 14:19
Those governing with Christ are also located in Heaven - Revelation 20:6; 5:9-10
Just as Jesus is Head of the Christian congregation on Earth so Jesus will be Head (Commander in Chief with angelic armies ) from Heaven over Earth - Rev. 19:14-15.
The ' sword-like executional words from Jesus' mouth ' will rid the Earth of the wicked - Isaiah 11:3-4.

ppp

Yes, in 'Not wanting' to correct those behaviors and being limited or influenced by human greed, prejudice, imperfection, etc. all leading to disappointment because humans are limited by life span in what they can or want to accomplish.
Your statement is false, self servicing, and an attempt to use the misfortune of others to your own gain. If your god were a real being who inspired and approved of your words, that god would not be worthy of anything but my scorn and disgust.

Ebionite

That is not the preamble.

This is the preamble of Constitution:
"We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."

1st Amendment:
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.[4]
Technically you're right but the Declaration of Independence provides meaning for the pre-existent rights of the Ninth Amendment, so in that sense it is a preamble to the Constitution.

InChrist

Free4ever
Since Pentecost I find New Jerusalem is heavenly in location.
The seat of government is 'above' heavenly - Galatians 4:26
Jesus does Not come to a literal Jerusalem on Earth - John 14:19
Those governing with Christ are also located in Heaven - Revelation 20:6; 5:9-10
Just as Jesus is Head of the Christian congregation on Earth so Jesus will be Head (Commander in Chief with angelic armies ) from Heaven over Earth - Rev. 19:14-15.
The ' sword-like executional words from Jesus' mouth ' will rid the Earth of the wicked - Isaiah 11:3-4.
I don’t think that is accurate, according to the scriptures.

…Behold, the day of the Lord is coming,
And your spoil will be divided in your midst.
2 For I will gather all the nations to battle against Jerusalem;
The city shall be taken,
The houses rifled,
And the women ravished.
Half of the city shall go into captivity,
But the remnant of the people shall not be cut off from the city.
3 Then the Lord will go forth
And fight against those nations,
As He fights in the day of battle.
4 And in that day His feet will stand on the Mount of Olives,
Which faces Jerusalem on the east.
And the Mount of Olives shall be split in two,
From east to west,
Making a very large valley;
Half of the mountain shall move toward the north
And half of it toward the south.
5 Then you shall flee through My mountain valley,
For the mountain valley shall reach to Azal.
Yes, you shall flee
As you fled from the earthquake
In the days of Uzziah king of Judah.
Thus the Lord my God will come,
And all the saints with You.
6 It shall come to pass in that day
That there will be no light;
The lights will diminish
7 It shall be one day
Which is known to the Lord—
Neither day nor night.
But at evening time it shall happen
That it will be light.
8 And in that day it shall be
That living waters shall flow from Jerusalem,
Half of them toward the eastern sea
And half of them toward the western sea;
In both summer and winter it shall occur.
9 And the Lord shall be King over all the earth.
In that day it shall be—
“The Lord is one,”
And His name one.
Zechariah 14:1-9

ppp

Technically you're right but the Declaration of Independence provides meaning for the pre-existent rights of the Ninth Amendment, so in that sense it is a preamble to the Constitution.
C'mon. It's not the preamble to the constitution in any sense. It's just one of the documents framing the intent of the founders. That enough. It doesn't have to be any more than that

Ebionite

C'mon. It's not the preamble to the constitution in any sense. It's just one of the documents framing the intent of the founders. That enough. It doesn't have to be any more than that

preamble​

noun
1. a preliminary or preparatory statement; an introduction

No, a preamble doesn't have to be be from a specific document. Natural rights are significant because of the religious prejudice of the state.

ppp

preamble​

noun

No, a preamble doesn't have to be be from a specific document. Natural rights are significant because of the religious prejudice of the state.

Is the declaration of Independence preamble to everything that Jefferson wrote? Jefferson bible? Sex letters to his wife? Sex letters to his mistress? Papers to his accountant? Is the declaration of Independence the preamble to the Federalist papers?

What is your logical through line other than proximate in time?

ppp

preamble​

noun

Also, damn. How can I forget. They were written by different freaking people.