• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Would anyone here really want to live under a theocracy?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
So much for your delusion of the separation of church and state.
Besides 2nd Chronicles 26:16-21 with kingly duties and priestly duties being separate the kingly governmental responsibilities were separate from the religious Judah/Levi because God chose the religious to preserve His Word/ aka Scripture.
Even at Revelation 5:9-10 we find two (2) separate duties or responsibilities in God's heavenly kingdom government arrangement.
As it is written, so shall it be.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Besides 2nd Chronicles 26:16-21 with kingly duties and priestly duties being separate the kingly governmental responsibilities were separate from the religious Judah/Levi because God chose the religious to preserve His Word/ aka Scripture.
Even at Revelation 5:9-10 we find two (2) separate duties or responsibilities in God's heavenly kingdom government arrangement.
As it is written, so shall it be.
Yes separate responsibilities, but NO not 'separation of Religion and State. Judaism remained the State reliigion.

Last edited:

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
I suppose it depends on where you live. Here in California, the left absolutely dominates, and I mean EXTREME left. (I am personally a moderate and independent, so I am opposed to BOTH extremes.) California does nutty things like passes laws against department stores that have the "audacity" to have separate sections for girls' toys and boys' toys.
The United States - including California - does not have an "extreme" left in mainstream politics.

The actual extreme left wouldn't be supporting an arrangement where privately owned stores or a market economy exist.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
The United States - including California - does not have an "extreme" left in mainstream politics.

The actual extreme left wouldn't be supporting an arrangement where privately owned stores or a market economy exist.
The extreme left in the US would be those people who i.e. are pro-hamas, think that biological men should compete against women in sports and change in their locker rooms, and want to teach children that all whites are racist. Most democrats are not like that, but some are.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
The extreme left in the US would be those people who i.e. are pro-hamas, think that biological men should compete against women in sports and change in their locker rooms, and want to teach children that all whites are racist. Most democrats are not like that, but some are.
Again: not very left at all.

The Overton Window is a hell of a drug.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
The extreme left in the US would be those people who i.e. are pro-hamas,
I would separate this out as radical extremist left. In the USA the radical pro-hamas is led mostly Palestinians, and other Moslems.

think that biological men should compete against women in sports and change in their locker rooms, and want to teach children that all whites are racist. Most democrats are not like that, but some are.
"Some are" is not a good way to discuss the problem.

The bold is a little extreme and I do not believe as worded. I live in a black low middle class neighborhood in the South for more 1 years and history has not been kind to them. Racism is larger complex picture in the USA, and need a more careful consideration than the either or generalization

IndigoChild5559

I would separate this out as radical extremist left.

"Some are" is not a good way to discuss the problem.

The bold is a little extreme and I do not believe as worded. I live in a black low middle class neighborhood in the South for more 1 years and history has not been kind to them. Racism is larger complex picture in the USA, and need a more careful consideration than the either or generalization
I'm fully aware that racism exists. Remember, as a Jew, I have to deal with this as well. So I'm very sympathetic to Blacks. But it is wrong to thing that all whites are racist. That, in itself, is an example of racism.

ppp

I'm fully aware that racism exists. Remember, as a Jew, I have to deal with this as well. So I'm very sympathetic to Blacks. But it is wrong to thing that all whites are racist. That, in itself, is an example of racism.
Most whites in the US are racist to one extent or another. Mostly because racism is about the assumptions that one works under in a society structured on race based expectations, yet depicted as depicted as moustache twirling bad apple who just want to make black lives difficult. This is what we mean when saying that racism is systematic. Not just the product of a few bad apples. A person is not racist because one is some ridiculously evil stereotype. One is racist when one carries expectations of behavior about a person based on a given ethnic group. One is racist when one prioritizes intent over impact. That is minimization. That is indifference.

It is unfortunate that people are more interested in avoiding the label and showing offence than they are in correcting those behaviors.

InChrist

Free4ever
My answer to this is an emphatic 'No.'
My idea for this thread came from a recent conversation I had with a gentleman who said he wants the United States to become a Christian theocracy. Personally I like our current model of a secular government that allows people to worship, or not worship, how they see fit.
Thoughts?
No, I wouldn’t want to live under a theocracy ruled or led by human beings. I think the only beneficial theocracy will occur when Jesus returns and reigns from Jerusalem as Kings of kings and Lord of lords.

ppp

No, I wouldn’t want to live under a theocracy ruled or led by human beings. I think the only beneficial theocracy will occur when Jesus returns and reigns from Jerusalem as Kings of kings and Lord of lords.
Beneficial to whom? Not to me.

IndigoChild5559

Only for people who adhere to an irrational definition of racist. Do you even know what the word means? As opposed to how seeing how it makes you feel.
A racist first, actually believes that race exists (it does not) and then further they look down on those of what they believe to be a given race. Racists exist in every ethnicity. But it would be a mistake to say that most people, or most whites, or most blacks, are racist.

ppp

A racist first, actually believes that race exists (it does not) and then further they look down on those of what they believe to be a given race. Racists exist in every ethnicity. But it would be a mistake to say that most people, or most whites, or most blacks, are racist.
Do you even know what the word means? As opposed to how seeing how it makes you feel.

I would encourage you to take some deeper thought and study into the matter. As opposed to making unsupported statements that you think might benefit your current point of view..

ppp

racist
noun [ C ]

/ˈreɪ.sɪst/ UK
someone who believes that their race makes them better, more intelligent, more moral, etc. than people of other races and who does or says unfair or harmful things as a result:
Anyone can copy and paste quotes from the internet. Can you discuss the idea using your own mentation? That is certainly a definition. Can a person who does not believe that their race is better, more intelligent or more moral be a racist? Suppose that they believe that certain races are better at certain things? Or meant to fulfill certain roles. Or have a natural (or God ordained) propensity towards certain tastes or actions?

ppp

Excuse me? I copy and pasted from a Dictionary, which is the authority in what any English word means.
he dictionary is a causal chronicler of word usage. If you had actually meant to seek authoritative answers on a complex subject you would not have gone to the some dictionary that you googled. You would have gone to an expert source on issues of society and race that relates and explains the details and subtleties of the subject.

I would be ashamed to quote the dictionaries that defined Jew as " to bargain sharply with; beat down in price". Can you do no better? Will you take a breath and reconsider, or just double down?

Don't rush. I am going to bed.