• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Would anyone here really want to live under a theocracy?

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Seriously?

Yes.

They drop leaflets where they are going to bomb in order to help civilians move out of the area first. In one case, they waited DAYS to enter a hospital in order that the hospital could first be evacuated. They do not do things like carpet bomb, but target Hamas strongholds and tunnels. Perhaps the delusion is on the other side.

Meanwhile, 17.000 civilian deaths in record time, most of whom are women and children. And that's just in the past few weeks.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
First of all, I think it is ridiculous that you take the word of the Hamas connected Gazan Health Ministry, as they have ALREADY been caught exaggerating deaths over 10x the actual amount.

That was Euro-Health Human Rights Monitor, not the Gazan Health Ministry.

I understand that you need these numbers to be wrong, so I understand why you're denying the reality that many NGOs, UN agencies, etc., are reporting.

This is the group that lied and said Israel had bombed the hospital, that the hospital was destroyed, and that some 500 people had died. It turns out that the explosion was caused by an Islamic Jihad rocket, that it hit the parking lot and not the hospital, that the hospital was up and running rather than destroyed, and that deaths were somewhere between 12-50 people. So basically, if they are claiming 23,000 are dead, the true numbers are probably closer to 2000.

Now let's talk about where to place the blame for those deaths. It is Hamas which chooses to imbed among civilians. I have news for you. It is not a war crime if civilians die when the enemy is embedded like that. The responsibility for ALL those deaths rests squarely on Hamas.
Amazing: the IDF might be the only collection of people who bear no responsibility for their actions. :rolleyes:

You realize that the IDF headquarters - a military target if there ever was one - is in the middle of a dense residential neighbourhood, right? Does the IDF bear responsibility when rockets aimed at the IDF headquarters fall short of their target?

Ebionite

Once Satan is abyssed - Rev. 20:1-3,7
Satan relates to the Church via Peter.

But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.
Matthew 16:23

The distinction between the divine (YHWH) and the secular (Rome) relates to tribute/worship:

Then went the Pharisees, and took counsel how they might entangle him in [his] talk.
And they sent out unto him their disciples with the Herodians, saying, Master, we know that thou art true, and teachest the way of God in truth, neither carest thou for any [man]: for thou regardest not the person of men.
Tell us therefore, What thinkest thou? Is it lawful to give tribute unto Caesar, or not?
But Jesus perceived their wickedness, and said, Why tempt ye me, [ye] hypocrites?
Shew me the tribute money. And they brought unto him a penny.
And he saith unto them, Whose [is] this image and superscription?
They say unto him, Caesar's. Then saith he unto them, Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's.
Matthew 22:15-21

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Yes.

Meanwhile, 17.000 civilian deaths in record time, most of whom are women and children. And that's just in the past few weeks.
The death counts are given by the Hamas run Gaza Health Ministry, which has already been caught radically inflating numbers by over 10 percent and openly lying about what's going on. This is the organization that said an Israeli bomb hit a hospital, demolishing it, and killing 500 people. The truth turned out to be that it was an Islamic Jihad rocket, that it hit the parking lot and not the hospital, that the hospital is still up and running, and that between 12-50 people died. So if I were you, I'd take any statistic they give and move the decimal one place to the left.

No, no, and no. I would not to. I like to form my own thoughts and opinions,
most of which do not agree with religion and are basically non-believer type viewpoints.

Last edited:

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I would love to live under a theocracy based on truth and where the judgments and interpretation is from God's chosen.

However, because of how Islam has been passed, and because of scholars corruption of the religion, it's hard to prefer their religion and judgments over the better social justice of the west.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
No sir. I rememeber it VERY clearly.
No, I literally screen shotted those stats from Euro-Health Human Rights Monitor's Instagram account.

If they agree with the Gazan Health Authority's stats, consider the possibility that the reason they agree is because the Gazan Health Authority's stats aren't inflated.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
No, I literally screen shotted those stats from Euro-Health Human Rights Monitor's Instagram account.

If they agree with the Gazan Health Authority's stats, consider the possibility that the reason they agree is because the Gazan Health Authority's stats aren't inflated.
" In the first hours after the blast, a Gaza civil defence chief said 300 people were killed, while health ministry sources put the figure at 500."

That figure turned out to be a LIE. The number of deaths turned out to be 12-50

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
  • Friendly
Reactions: ppp

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
The death counts are given by the Hamas run Gaza Health Ministry, which has already been caught radically inflating numbers by over 10 percent and openly lying about what's going on. This is the organization that said an Israeli bomb hit a hospital, demolishing it, and killing 500 people. The truth turned out to be that it was an Islamic Jihad rocket, that it hit the parking lot and not the hospital, that the hospital is still up and running, and that between 12-50 people died. So if I were you, I'd take any statistic they give and move the decimal one place to the left.
So inflated by 10 %
So instead of 17k it's a fat 15k?

I guess that's better.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
You can't know that because Hamas will not release separate statistics for Hamas and civilians. You basically just made up a statistic out of whole cloth. Shame!
So what you are saying is that Israel is just dropping bombs, have no idea how many they are killing, have no idea how many of them are Hamas fighters, which are civilians,...?

They don't know? They just drop bombs and they'll see later what the outcome is?

So what you are saying is that Israel is just dropping bombs, have no idea how many they are killing, have no idea how many of them are Hamas fighters, which are civilians,...?

They don't know? They just drop bombs and they'll see later what the outcome is?
Uh, that is nowhere near what the person said in the quote.

Have you stopped beating your wife?

Last edited:
Even those living in “democracies” often live in some kind of theocracy. In Germany, the church can (and will) deny you to publicly watch Life of Brian on Good Friday. Oh, and you must not dance when the church says it is an holy day. I wonder how Germany isn’t a theocracy now.