• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Would God condemn a person to hell who's never heard his word?

Grannyalf

What does the different religons say on this topic? How does God handle the soul of a person who has never heard of him? The same question applies to the soul who's person was sinning his entire life. Sending the person to hell seems very brutal and unfair since he never got the chance to consider the concept.

If anyone knows any scripture that handles this matter, please share it with me; but don't forget to state which religion it's from.

Hema

Sweet n Spicy
In Hinduism, Karma Yoga is also very important. This means the way we live our lives. For eg. we would be hypocrites if we went to Temple a lot but are cruel to others. So, I would say if someone has never heard of God, God would consider the way he/she lived life and treated others. Living with love is very important. Some people are not religious but are spiritual. They share a lot of love with others. This is what my dad says...my dad who was born a Hindu and will die a Hindu...he says that if people can close all the religious texts now and live with love, God will be pleased. To me, God is love; where there is love, there is God. Hinduism doesn't believe in a permanent hell but temporary hellish regions where souls go to suffer but then they move on...they reincarnate to get as many chances as they need to work out their bad karma and merge with God. Reincarnation to us, is like God giving us chances to correct what we did wrong. We believe that all things formed and formless manifested from that Absolute Reality (Brahman or God) and all things will be reabsorbed, so we can say that from God we came and to God we shall return. :)

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
No, I don't believe He would. I have no scripture to base this on, but one cannot reject The Word if he has never heard it.

*Paul*

Jesus loves you
If a sure way to get to heaven is to not hear the word of God then it was a very strange act of God to send out disciples into the whole world to preach the word especially considering that God is not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.

Random

My religion is none of your business OP, but I do not believe in a personal God who judges. I do believe in a Hell realm or a state of great suffering and division, but one does not stay there forever: one remains only until ones negative Karmic weight (or sin-debt if you like) is used up and then one is freed from this place or state of the soul.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
Not hearing The Word does not guarantee anything. But God knows a person's heart. He knows who would accept Him if the person has the chance. If I as a imperfect human can tell if someone has a good heart, then God would surely know.

Evelyn

I don't think He does, but that's not a call anyone can make with any certainty. Even those who are in the bossom of the Church or call themselves Christian or religious can't know for sure. All we can do is do the best (sincere, honest, charitable, etc.) with what we have.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
My religion is none of your business OP,

I hope you don't mind my asking a personal question, if you don't want to answer I will understand, but why don't you want anyone to know your belief?

Random

I hope you don't mind my asking a personal question, if you don't want to answer I will understand, but why don't you want anyone to know your belief?

I invented and am the founder of the religion I observe: it is called Dolorosa. I am shy about it personally, as I am about most things, and do not wish to come accross as a proselyte on these boards so I don't make an issue of it, especially to atheists who are eager to bash spiriutal beliefs of any kind. Perhaps ironically, Dolorosa is nontheistic itself, but nevertheless I do not consider the word "religion" to be a dirty one @ all, so...

Thank you for asking, Christine. Peace and blessings, sister. :)

Booko

Deviled Hen
What does the different religons say on this topic? How does God handle the soul of a person who has never heard of him? The same question applies to the soul who's person was sinning his entire life. Sending the person to hell seems very brutal and unfair since he never got the chance to consider the concept.

If anyone knows any scripture that handles this matter, please share it with me; but don't forget to state which religion it's from.

This is from Baha'i Writings:

There can be no doubt whatever that the peoples of the world, of whatever race or religion, derive their inspiration from one heavenly Source, and are the subjects of one God. The difference between the ordinances under which they abide should be attributed to the varying requirements and exigencies of the age in which they were revealed. All of them, except a few which are the outcome of human perversity, were ordained of God, and are a reflection of His Will and Purpose. Arise and, armed with the power of faith, shatter to pieces the gods of your vain imaginings, the sowers of dissension amongst you. Cleave unto that which draweth you together and uniteth you.

(Baha'u'llah, Gleanings from the Writings of Baha'u'llah, p. 217)

Booko

Deviled Hen
No, I don't believe He would. I have no scripture to base this on, but one cannot reject The Word if he has never heard it.

Possibly this one:

John 14:2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

Ronald

The Way;
Da 7:10 A stream of fire issued and came forth from before him; a thousand thousands served him, and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him; the court sat in judgment, and the books were opened.
Re 20:12 And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Also another book was opened, which is the book of life. And the dead were judged by what was written in the books, by what they had done.

Christian hell is a Greco-Roman invention; biblical hell is the grave and unfortunately most of mankind consigns it's dead to hell, God doesn't.

If you are wicked, you burn up completely when (2Pe 3:10 ) the Day of the Lord comes to pass.

Shalom

roli

Born Again,Spirit Filled

There is place in every heart of man that knows Jesus is the truth,but there are more things in this world that influences,hardens and desensitizes the conscience of man .

In the Christian bible, God says: every man will be without excuse on judgment day,
Rom 1:18
18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, 19 because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them. 20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse, 21 because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Professing to be wise, they became fools, 23 and changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like corruptible man--and birds and four-footed animals and creeping things.
24 Therefore God also gave them up to uncleanness, in the lusts of their hearts, to dishonor their bodies among themselves, 25 who exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.
26 For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. 27 Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with </I>men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due.
28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a debased mind, to do those things which are not fitting; 29 being filled with all unrighteousness, [fn3] sexual immorality, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, evil-mindedness; they are whisperers, 30 backbiters, haters of God, violent, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, 31 undiscerning, untrustworthy, unloving, [fn4] unforgiving, unmerciful; 32 who, knowing the righteous judgment of God, that those who practice such things are deserving of death, not only do the same but also approve of those who practice them.

God
John3: 18He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
Jhn 3:36He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.
Jhn 5:24Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

Here is the mercy and grace of God towards the unregenerated heart of man,despite his ungoing rebellion
2Pe 3:9The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
There wil have been given ample opportunity for us all to have made a choice to believe or disbelieve, God confirms his existence to those who come to him humble ,broken and repentitive,,he will reveal himself to only those people.

cardero

Citizen Mod
Would God condemn a person to hell who's never heard his word?
I don't believe so, but why would you want to walk around like this for the rest of your life?

monkey.JPG

spaceball.gif
spaceball.gif

Seneca

Atheist Scum
This is the very same question that I posed to some JWs. They told me that God would judge them on their lives, because no one had explained the Word of God to them.

So, not knowing the Word = salvation as long as you lead a good life.

Being told about the Word but not accepting it = damnation, despite your life so far.

Therefore, missionaries all over the world that go round explaining God's word to those unaware of it have undoubtedly caused the damnation of millions of souls who, upon hearing of God's Word, could not accept it, for whatever reason, but who had thus far led blameless lives.

Telling them they are directly responsible for damnation gets rid of them from the door pretty quickly, I find.

female11

Freedom of expression
The Vatican has accumulated throughout history, a great fortune by means of selling indulgences (to pardon sins) to the people. Thus people believed to be able to go to the sky. Unfortunately, the Pope could not sell indulgences in China, India, etc, because He only could sell to that they were under His dominion. The monotheist religion was invented the first time by Zarathrustra, a priest from old mesopotamia. This is what it studies in the university, in the Faculty of History.