• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Would you date an overweight man or woman?

Would you date an overweight man / woman?

• Yes

Votes: 25 73.5%
  • No

Votes: 9 26.5%

• Total voters

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
Just wondering for some honest opinions, no judgement. Say you like someone's personality, have fun, but the person is overweight. We are talking you can tell there's weight but we aren't talking morbidly obese or even close. How much does it weigh on your opinion of a relationship? Some people are repulsed by the overweight straight off the bat, some think overweight is far to small and prefer obese partners, some don't even care. Advertising and entertainment certainly have us chasing anorexic women and muscular men, but some are less affected than the constant propaganda than others.

ADDITION:
For sake of example, take someone of around 5'4'' and 160 - 210 pounds.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I once slept with an overweight woman and was greatly surprised at how well and comfortably we fit together. Not just during sex, but through out the night. It was easier to cuddle with her than with several more fit women I've slept with.

Huey09

He who struggles with God
Since I am overweight I would not mind dating someone like me or a little heavier. In fact it kind of alleviates my self conscious impulse whenever I date someone thinner than me. If the woman was all the things you described I'd be happy to spend time with her:eek:

Titanic

I voted no. Call me shallow if you want but I would just not date someone overweight.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I voted no. Call me shallow if you want but I would just not date someone overweight.

I don't think it's shallow to have physical preferences for sex partners. After all, sex is a pretty physical sport. I would think it shallow, however, to have physical preferences for friends. Friendship relies lightly, if at all, on physical factors, and having physical preferences probably indicates at the very least that one has some strange priorities.

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
I don't think it's shallow to have physical preferences for sex partners. After all, sex is a pretty physical sport. I would think it shallow, however, to have physical preferences for friends. Friendship relies lightly, if at all, on physical factors, and having physical preferences probably indicates at the very least that one has some strange priorities.

Namaste,

And thus, we have distinction! Meaning, I agree with you, brah.

M.V.

Last edited:

Titanic

The few friends I have are of different sizes and races. So I am not shallow in the friendship department.

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
I like my guys on the cushy side. But I'd still want them to be healthy, and able to do physical activities like hiking and such.

Me Myself

Back to my username
I have a hard time voting because I dont know how fat we are talking about.

If by obese we mean slightly above recomended healthy rate, then I assume I already have, I would be surprised if my ex was inside the healthy percentage. Then again, I do have very specific leanings as to how much will I tolerate for a potential sexually exclusive partner.

So how should I vote?

Last edited by a moderator:

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I find the whole concept of dating people to be ridiculous. I cannot even begin to fathom why it's so popular! But even though I think it's absurd, I confess that I tend to go along with the crowd and do it. It just seems so popular that there's no real escaping dating people. So I've learned to guess people's ages just as well as the next guy. For instance, "You! Let me date you as born February 25th, 1998". And "You! I'd date you as born October 9th, 1973". But even though I do it with people, I still don't understand why everyone tells me to date folks.

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
I'm currently with an overweight girl and I've been incredibly surprised that the physical aspects of the relationship are some best I've ever experienced. As said, not just with sex but all other aspects.

I also find the psychology behind being with overweight people throughout history and now very interesting. It's been a sign of wealth but also of enjoyments of life, all these self starved individuals are still going to face the same deadly fate as someone who can enjoy eating and focusing on simple enjoyment of our short time. Further, mother goddess and divine figures were often depicted as even larger than anyone I'd date. And even further, the larger size tends to come with bigger breasts and wider hips, two traits all men subconsciously crave for reproductive success.

mycorrhiza

I voted yes. Many of the women I find attractive are close to or slightly overweight. So it wouldn't be an issue at all.

Draka

Wonder Woman
I find the whole concept of dating people to be ridiculous. I cannot even begin to fathom why it's so popular! But even though I think it's absurd, I confess that I tend to go along with the crowd and do it. It just seems so popular that there's no real escaping dating people. So I've learned to guess people's ages just as well as the next guy. For instance, "You! Let me date you as born February 25th, 1998". And "You! I'd date you as born October 9th, 1973". But even though I do it with people, I still don't understand why everyone tells me to date folks.

How are you attempting date them anyway? Are we talking radiocarbon dating here? Potassium-argon dating? I mean, some forms just aren't really going to work well for you you know? Perhaps that's your problem.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
How are you attempting date them anyway? Are we talking radiocarbon dating here? Potassium-argon dating? I mean, some forms just aren't really going to work well for you you know? Perhaps that's your problem.

I hadn't looked at it that way, but now that you've mentioned it, your advice makes eminent sense. I've been doing it wrong all these years! Thank you so much, Draka!